Double XP, Ethereal Adorns & Double Rare Drops!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

The one you're looking at is a purple war rune from beta. The ethereals that are dropping again now are the same exact ones from last year. They are exactly the same as the new ones that drop in the new Heroic zones. So basically it's pointless since you well get them easily in ToT.
  2. mitsybitsy Member

3. Breta Well-Known Member

Oh well beta it is then :)
  4. Steelviper Active Member

Only that the AoM Ethereal purple adorns were dropping in AoM Advanced Solo zones back then, as well, at least from the last boss. I got my 2 out of there long time ago, before they stopped dropping. Are you sure they only drop in Heroic zones now, and not in Advanced Solo (maybe Solo) as well?
  5. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

So Double Rare drops means instead of a single rare harvest item you'll get 2 of that item?
    Well not true. I just harvested a rare root in Tranquil Sea and it was only a single rare. Do you actually have things turned on?
  6. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Correction it was a single rare hide not a root. Nevertheless still only 1 hide not 2
  7. Breta Well-Known Member

I think it means double rare dungeon drops
  8. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I guess so--tried a different toon with better rare harvest ability. Got 2 harvest rares--both singles
    They could say so here just to clear the confusion
  9. Tabri Well-Known Member

The tradeskill beta reward I did get disco for on the Freeport server when I unpacked it.
  10. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Ya, the issue is it's not being exported to census. So sites like EQ2u can't display it.
  11. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

In ToT there are different tiers of the purple runes: Mastercrafted, Solo, Heroic, Raid. The old ethereals that are dropping again now have the same stats as ToT Heroic (which have a decent drop rate). And of course the new raid ones are even better. I'm sure once everyone gears themselves out you will see them all over the broker.
  12. Amaitae Active Member

old eth vs new tot solo
    [IMG]
  13. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

K, Guess it's not the same across the board for all runes. I was looking at the Health one I think. Which is even less of a reason to run zones for them. The cumulative stats are the same on all of them. Took a look at the Potency ones:

Yeah, I'll just wait 2 weeks :)

[IMG]
  14. Cataclysm Active Member

Since when has harvesting a node been considered a "drop"?
    Feldon likes this.
  15. Evilgracie Member

I agree, some of the "lower quality" items seem to have better stats.

So what double rares are people getting? I've run several dungeons and no double rares. Is it just 96-100? Is Ethereal or Mythical considered double rare (not that I got any of those...)? :confused:

Does Far Seas Kindling drop or is it buy only with precious Ferrin?
  16. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Since when has harvesting a node been considered a "drop"?
    Technically it's not, though it may give a rare mat item. All I was looking for for a bit a clarity that the double drop thing was not for harvest rares.
    Guess I should look in a dictionary next time.
  17. ZUES Well-Known Member

Ya, we quit running zones the second we realized that these ethereal adorns are only good for another week. Disappointed.
  18. Roshen Well-Known Member

[IMG]

UPDATE (Nov 12): Standard servers double XP (AA/TS/Adventure) activated for All Access Members from now until the expansion launch on Nov. 17! (TLEs don't receive it.)
    ZUES, Awkk, Xillean and 1 other person like this.
  19. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

would rather have had double xp/doubel status... adorns etc don't mean as much to the lower levels.
    Cuelaen likes this.
  20. Zookeeper Active Member

Hamadryad likes this.