Double/triple SC this 4th of July?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mindsway, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Of course everyone has a PayPal account :rolleyes:
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

If you need one to get what you want, make one. It's not hard. It's not going to make itself.

It's not hard to get a prepaid debit card (or just a normal card if you're not a fraidy cat) and buy SC direct from SOE either. I've done it from the UK and Australia.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'll be honest. The only thing I ever spend SC on is character slots, and the 500 SC I get per month for recurring gold sub is far more than I need to keep my account awash with alts.

Edit: Was commenting on the difficulty of finding SC cards only because I did look for them a couple times before I went gold recurring...no luck. Heck, when I asked about them at Walmart they produced the Playstation card...er, no, that's not it.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

You sure you're looking in the right spot? These are not stocked in the big card display that is easily found. I've always found them buried in the electronics area in a fairly nondescript location. I travel a fair amount and I've yet to find a Walmart that didn't at least have a SKU and a place for them. Now actually in stock, YMMV.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

6. Mae- Well-Known Member

7. Atan Well-Known Member

I was actually hoping for some xp bonus, since I promised to PL someone...
    Alenna and suka like this.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I was hoping for xp bonus also. Been saving status items for guild, and dinged 80/320 on the SK this morning. Half-way through the epic already, and hoped to steamroll to 90 at least with a bonus weekend. Ah, well, them's the breaks. Maybe I'll see what pots I haven't claimed yet and use those instead.
    suka likes this.
  9. Ladymist Well-Known Member

If I recall when one time I did ask they laughed at me and referred me to WOW claiming eq2 was old. bunch of not very bright folks running that department.

But to answer your question, yes I was looking in all the right "spots" and then some
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

We didn't get double or triple SC, but we got 40% off SC for one day*.

Edit: And along with that a bonus 1K SC added to the $15 pre-paid cards.

* Purchased via Paypal or credit card through your account.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

yes and i bought some - and the only thing i wanted in the holidays was the erollisi furniture bundle but only because there were a few items i wanted that i couldn't get otherwise- i really hated having to buy all that furniture to get the pretty little balls. But really, i would have gladly traded it all for at least one day of double xp.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the deal doesn't begin until 12AM PDT tomorrow morning, so if you bought game cards, don't redeem them until then or you will lose out on the bonus SC. (Same with the 40% off the price of SC for digital purchase as far as the start time is concerned.)
    Mindsway likes this.
  13. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

You get 40%!!!!!! /sadtrombone
  14. BabyAngel Active Member

VERY VERY disappointed that the 1000sc cards are not included :(
  15. suka Well-Known Member

i don't know
    oops- guess i'll have to buy more sc tomorrow- i thought it looked like a pretty good deal- way less than i usually pay for sc. but i went back in and looked and no - as usual i bought too early. i thought since the holiday stuff is there then the rest of the deal is on too but not
  16. Yeegz Member

It doesn't matter for me anymore, I'll never be buying SC again since the announcement that you can't buy expansions with SC anymore.
    Tallin and Selena like this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

looking at again, the sale was on when i bought it- but it didn't show it as a sale, just the price which is reduced
  18. Filly67 Well-Known Member

I agree with Atan. We must have four Wal-marts within easy driving distance and they are always well stocked in SC and other gaming cards. As mentioned they are not with gift cards they are in the gaming area. Asking a Wal-Mart employee that doesn't work in that department will get you no where. Sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands and hunt around. There were plenty in the store I stopped in yesterday. I had a weak moment and went to the register with four but came to my senses and handed them back to the cashier prior to purchasing them. It's triple or nothing for me.

I have never tried it but I am thinking ordering them on line from Wal-Mart may be an option too.

* Yup, two second search under Sony game cards on Wal-Mart site shows email delivery of game cards. Can't get easier then that.
    suka likes this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

thanks much. i buy a lot from walmart online but didn't think about the game cards. will keep that in mind on the next sale
  20. Gideon Member

the walmart that i get them from they have them in 2 spots, back in the game card rack in the electronics section and up by the registers with the phone cards and wow cards.