Double cast jewelry.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vasco, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Mainly, it is better for classes who do higher %'s of their parse over a sustained period vs a short spike period.
  2. Eclipsed Member

As a sidenote :

This expansion has made it glaringly apparent just how important raid synergy is. In both class AND proc composition. Things like hemo damage and sorcerer's ability to reach the massive dps that the high end players are doing is completely dependent on the buffs that the raid gives you from both class and jewelry. Noone will ever do 80 mil on their own, it just isn't possible. That is only possible when supported by a raid that is also boosting you with uplifting/amplifying/growing/etc... procs. It is a much different story when using a potency build on a scout in a heroically geared group without group bonus procs. In fact the build is quite bad, poison procs at that level of potency are not impressive at all really. It doesn't get good until you approach those massive amounts of potency that raiders gain from the raid buffing them with procs or boosting their amplifying effects. I have heard dps in my own guild express excitement that they had reached 1600 potency in combat! Reality is, people like mogrim are hitting much higher than that. Possibly even double or more!

In a raid that doesn't have max salvo procs to click on time warp, or amplifying effects all over the place, etc... Something like this earring may be of much more value. It's a very different story when you don't have all those boosts to line up with TW. It becomes far less of the overall dmg. I've seen the evolution of this firsthand on my own warlock. When we started out, we didn't have the good procs from last expansion or this one. TW was a nice boost but not some critical thing, it would create a brief momentary spike in my dps. Now that we farmed Salvo and other group boosting effects and have practiced lining up charm clicks, proc stacks, VC, etc I have seen my dps temporarily go up as high as 30 mil more when TW hits.

All I'm saying is, read what people like Mogrim say. They know a lot. But take it with a grain of salt and try to understand the concepts beneath. In this day and age of EQ2 the people around you are extremely important and can influence greatly what spec/stats/spells/etc are best for you.
  3. Stike Member

I have the doublecast ring. I don't wear it, even when facing EM content.
    I probably won't bid on the doublecast ear until our summoners get it, and I'm not sure it is best in slot for sorcerers.

A very significant % of our damage occurs when the doublecast piece does nothing for us (we line up our spikes to coincide with Time Warp) - as a result, increasing our doublecast % for our "downtime" dps time is actually not that significant.

Mogrim,

While I agree with what you say here, in a lesser than top tier guild, I have noticed a spike in my dps with the ring. Granted in our group we split the buffs up, so not one person getting everything so hampers my dps a little but makes the group as a whole stronger and our timing of salvo and other things as such are work in progress. But as we are, I noticed probably a 10-20% AOE dps increase with the dbl cast ring and that is with still timing timewarps with my big hitters and working with the illys/coercers on their mimicrys. Overall at our level of raiding it is worth it and me running at 85-90% dbl cast majority of fight does still help a lot and still giving the mimi's their big hits. Sure if we were at your guilds level/gear we wouldn't probably benefit as much having everyone always on for raids, consistent groups all the time and all buffs timed to your stuff, but we not there and probably will never be. Our top 5 dpsers hitting 20-35 mil range on aoe fights, 10-15 on single target, so its decent for us and sure it will increase as it has over the last couple months as we gear up. But really I personally can't discredit the double cast items for mid-level guilds as they are a big help til everything clicks with everyone. Even looking at your guilds parses, your at double what anyone else in your guild does, so as midtier guild, we in line with the rest of the parses outside of yours.
  4. Eclipsed Member

^
    Gets it :)

I am really looking forward to this ring at my guild's current gear level.
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Oh by all means, there are plenty of people who will want it. I wasn't trying to say it is bad - all I was pointing out is that the "richest get richer" vibe some people were giving off isn't exactly true. The "richest" probably will fiddle with the item a but, but not see much from it. Our esteemed upper middle class will see some really strong gains from it.

On top of that, I trust your judgment when looking at your specific guild/group makeup in determining if the doublecast piece is good for you. :)
  6. Mandoblast Active Member

Sorc = spike damage. Summoners = sustained damage. While I agree that more DC would benefit the summoners more, is getting to 100% DC going to become the next gold standard?

As I ponder this question, here is another question. Is getting to 100% DC worth what a warlock would give up?

For instance, I have both the collections ring and the Vicious Bone Ring. I also have the Finisher neck.

Bone ring = 152.8% CB
    Finisher = 52% Pot (110% under 50)
    Normal DC in raid = 65%
    Uplifiting Voice II = 1.2 x 20 for 24% DC (voice 1 is 1x20 so voice II would be 1.2x20)
    Etched chain of Southirst = 9% DC (ignore the heath part for the moment)
    Adjusted DC = 98% DC (I am sure I could get the extra 2%)

So, would a warlock trade 152% CB and up to 110% Pot for 35% more DC? (let's assume I can get the other 2%)
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

well I haven't looked at the items extremely well, but I figure that the 'obvious' choice is to get the 8/8 Titan jewelry set (which does include charms, but I wouldn't include them probably)
  8. Mogrim Well-Known Member

No. Wanna know why?
    Because during the biggest part of our spike periods, we're already at 100 DC, cause Time Warp. Which means the most curcial 5 seconds of the biggest part of our parse doesn't need that DC, and we'd be wasting 152 CB and 110 Pot. Beyond that, we're probably being mimic'd by 4 chanters at this time if our raid synergy is good. So then we're essentially losing 608cb and 440pot ADDITIONAL, for a grand total of 760cb and 550pot loss **during the most important part of our dps rotation**.

You can't really overcome that. Aiming for much more than 60SDA as a Sorcerer is not worth, and it REALLY isn't worth it if you're the mimic target.
  9. Koko Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if the doublecast ring was not BIS. Unda alone makes a very interesting comparison.

If any raid warlocks want to provide their skill timestamps, complete with when timewarp & mimicry timestamps, for an encounter feel free to shoot me a tell so I can simulate it and provide a number comparison. Alternatively I can used a solved or sorted skill order, but that is far less interesting.
  10. Mandoblast Active Member

I know that most of the spike damage comes from TW. I am just trying to figure out if changing some stats raises others.

What I am curious about (and apparently do not know) is how I would lose 152cb and 110pot per TM? Does TM transfer this back to me or are you just referring to the loss in damage for the raid because my spike damage would be lower.

And, what if my CC was 1600-1800? (totally unrelated to the DC conversation but...)
  11. Daray Well-Known Member

Noone is going to chase the 8/8 Titan set. Sure, the 8-set bonus is nice, but many of the pieces you would need to wear to get to 8 are pretty mediocre at best, and themselves pale in comparison to some T1/2 raid loot. Having said that, the 2 set bonus is certainly something people will get, with a possibility of the 4-set in some cases.

And with regard to Uplifting Voice 2, I imagine it would follow the other Uplifting items and be an earring. I could make an earring work, and likely will.
  12. Thand Well-Known Member

if it is a double cast Wrist i will be ecstatic! ring or ear will be hard to figure what to swap out on my Conj between 2 amp rings and a Riseing potency earirng and higholds fall
  13. Koko Well-Known Member

To my understanding, legendary, fabled, and mythical criticals are independent of the critical bonus multiplier.

Damage = [pre-critical damage] * [critical multiplier] * [critical "level"]

As counter intuitive as it seems, additional critical chance poses no additional bonuses to critical bonus - presuming there is sufficient critical chance to critical 100% of the time.

Mogrim likes to assume that 100% of warlock damage comes from the TW-burst chain. Because he is the mimicry target, he is imposing the CB/P deficit to every enchanter in the raid as well.
  14. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Big Numbers * Big Numbers tends to escalate quickly. So it does and doesn't pose additional bonuses to critical bonus. It essentially poses additional bonuses to (everything), just not any one thing more than another.

I don't think that 100% of a Warlock's damage comes from the TW-burst chain. But I do think that for a Warlock who is the regular mimic target, the ideal math will be a bit different than a Wizard/Conj/Necro who isn't the regular mimic target, because it adds 4 times as much weight to the value of our burst window. As a result, it is profitable to pay special attention to how our dps functions during that window.
    Vasco likes this.
  15. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

So when I pay $15.00, I can have new loots from the Rum Cellar campaign that's better than the AoM expac?
    >,<

Let me know when I can pay $40.00 for a level 90 character - oh, wait.
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

eh.
    \aITEM 1792720758 -414750571:Akhevan Hoop of Desparate Voices\/a
  17. Vasco Active Member

Which boss drop that?