Double cast jewelry.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vasco, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Mrmacky Active Member

Does the uplifting dbl cast ear go into a set bonus also? I feel the combination ear would be better to use if not... unless your dbl cast is super low
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Yay more loot to put Mages even further ahead of scouts... :D
    Koko likes this.
  3. Celrath Member

Are you able to confirm which version this item will come from? I would assume either raid or challenge heroic.
  4. Koko Well-Known Member

Not only this, but an item so powerful that it will require balance to be shifted around it.

Balancing the classes between tiers (solo, heroic, raid) is going to be a nightmare.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

there was doublecast uplifting last expac, seemed just fine tbh.
  6. Koko Well-Known Member

It wasn't. If it helps, bonus WDB/flurry were also not fine. The items were so powerful that they warped the optimal build path for mages, which is not surprising (i.e. a mage with these items would opt for traditional AA stats instead of focused ability modifier).

I could write a short proof as to why this is order of magnitudes worse than either of those items. The short version is there are two choices, balance scouts vs. mages with this item or balance scouts vs. mages without this item. Either way the balance is hinged by RNG of a raid drop and heroic tiers are unconditionally skewed.
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I'll be 5 to 1 it'll be a raid drop on the 1 time only raid mob in the campaign. and it'll be uncommon on him, too.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I hope they make all the "better" loot from the Rumcellar Campaign -only- work in the Rum Cellar Zones. This way, people can shut up about "pay to win" - like paying 15.00 for a chance at the new uplifting dc stuff....
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

I mean, anyone that is saying pay to win doesn't understand pay to win anyway. Adding on a DLC to an MMO isn't pay to win. It's no different than the adventure packs they had ages ago really
  10. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Currently the doublecast ear is almost out of vogue for Sorcerers. We've got pretty high innate doublecast, and our damage spikes really hard in such a short tight gap of time (within which, if we time it correctly, Time Warp is up) so that our need to have maximized doublecast in our "down time" dps windows is considerably less important.

The doublecast ear will actually likely be a significantly more important get for summoners.
    dariusthegreat likes this.
  11. Eclipsed Member

Being that this will allow sorcerers to viably reach 100% doublecast I would call it extremely significant. If it works anything like the uplifting flurry earring, it will up 99.9% of the time at full stacks.
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

But if the loot in the Rum Cellar campaign isn't added to the rest of the AOM loot tables, and is *only* available by purchasing the DLC campaign... I guess that's the point I was trying to stress.
  13. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I have the doublecast ring. I don't wear it, even when facing EM content.
    I probably won't bid on the doublecast ear until our summoners get it, and I'm not sure it is best in slot for sorcerers.

A very significant % of our damage occurs when the doublecast piece does nothing for us (we line up our spikes to coincide with Time Warp) - as a result, increasing our doublecast % for our "downtime" dps time is actually not that significant.

Granted, bad/lazy players may want the crutch so as to not have to play the rhythm game with their illy, but that'll come as a significant potency or crit bonus loss, thus creating a lower ceiling on their outgoing damage potential.
  14. Mogrim Well-Known Member

When SF came out, did you ask for the loot in SF to be added to TSO loot tables?
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

I know what you meant, and I was saying that would be nonsense. They are basically adding an Adventure pack to the game (like they did many many years ago). adding content to a game with new loot isn't "pay to win" or even close to it. making the loot viable in just those zones would be nonsense too
  16. Crychtonn Active Member

How dare you bring something as purely evil as logic to these forums good sir!
  17. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I spec for INT.
    IRL.
  18. dariusthegreat New Member

really mogrim so dc %'s don't really help a sorcerers downtime dps that much cool thank you for this input gives me few ideas with my wizard wich lately I've been trying to perfect but I agree with what you said abut our dps spikes ,again thank you mogrim :)
  19. Foretold Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is not the sorcerer that is lazy, perhaps it is the illy that is ... well, less than amazing... and this makes up for that glaring issue in one's less than Fatality-level raid force.

I'm just saying sure it may be a crutch, but its not the sorcerer's crutch, necessarily.... *ahem*
  20. Koko Well-Known Member

While this is true, the earring opens many potential doors. The most obvious of course, is potentially dropping the illusionist.

As you suggested, detailed simulation is required to prove whether it is BIS. Although I will be surprised if simulation proves otherwise... a flat 20% boost to pre-ability mod/DC spell damage is incredibly potent. A soft proof would likely go that route, and could alleviate the need for detailed simulation if the values were vastly superior to the CB/P option.