DKP point revolution!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Nynaeve, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see what improvement any automated system would have, especially when figuring factors like raid alliances, mains asked to sit for alts, recruits, and so on.
    I'm part of a raid alliance (which means I'm not in the guild, but I'm considered a main raider) and the loot rules are done in a very fair manner. I've been in lots of raid guilds with different rules, and only one of them did loot badly, and the members voiced with their feet that leader-assigned loot only was a bad system. But I've never sat down and thought "hey, know what this game needs? Automatic dkp systems, because it's currently unfair."

Sorry you got burned by a bad guild loot system, but for real... I would wager to say that this really isn't an issue among raiding guilds or alliances. I can't see anything that your system would improve that people don't currently do on their own.
    Wirewhisker and Neiloch like this.
  2. Nynaeve Active Member

It would make keeping track of DKP points in raid-alliances even easier, and even PUG raids would benefit from it - making sure that only the right classes get to roll on gear, and not roll twice, etc. The whole thing can be internally as complex as any of you guys can dream.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure if this thread was a troll, but now I think it might be. This comparison is actually the opposite of common DKP practice and what you are suggesting.

You are suggesting that the creative way to assign DKP (whether you agree with how it's done or not) be taken away from individuals and that 'the State (aka SoE)' be the one to assign DKP. In that way, the Haves (your guild leader and friends) can't have more than the Have Nots (you). If I were your guild leader and saw this thread I'd probably boot you from the guild, if you haven't left already.

I'm also guessing that if you were one of your Guild Leader's friends you wouldn't have any trouble at all how raid loot was awarded.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  4. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

How would it handle looting for opposite classes, out of curiosity?

IE: I go on a PUG raid. I don't need gear for my dirge, but my illy sure could. Since it's a PUG raid, people are asked what class they are rolling for before the start. Everything assigned to me by an automated system would be scout, which would be worthless for me.
    This also applies to mains being asked to sit -- the main raid asks me to go on my illy, but I want the scout gear I normally would have been able to get if I hadn't been asked to sit.

And finally, how is an automated system superior to me saying "Hey, before we start, I'm rolling on illy gear".
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. slippery Well-Known Member

I'll never understand why some posts on forums get so many replies. You're all just wasting your time replying.
    Wirewhisker, Mae-, Neiloch and 3 others like this.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

You are right. Successful Troll is Successful, and I fell for it. /cry
  7. Nynaeve Active Member

the
    The raid leader could declare the raid a PUG-raid, every participant could be allowed to "punch in" a class of his choice. The system would automatically remember which classes were declared at raid-start, and who already got loot.
    pretty easy.
    the system could even inform raid leader who quit the raid shortly after he won a bid (and didn't stay to help others get their turn)...and it could remember that character for the next PUG raid.

same thing applies to normal guild-raids, you could be allowed by the raid leader to select a different class for your loot rolls. automatically, and no turning around later when some good gear drops that you could use on your current char (for example).
  8. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Eh, I guess I'm still extremely skeptical.
    I can't see how it would be superior, and the more I think about it, the more I realize... it's SoE.

Dungeon finder -- programmed to go smoother than LFG in channels. No, wait.
    SoEmote -- programmed to make roleplaying better than ever. No, wait.
    Automated DKP -- programmed to make bidding on items more fair. Let's just see how that one goes over, shall we?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Nynaeve Active Member

it's not all bad what SOE makes, or you wouldn't play their game.
    Yes, DungeonFinder is pretty useless, I posted some improvement suggestions somewhere by the way, but not very prominently and fletched out.
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

There is a system in the default guild UI for awarding DKP, that was added in 2009
    Several guilds use other systems, most via the guilds' website such as guild portal or with an interface from EQ2Interface.
    Reading from your original post on page one and through the current barrage of your replies, you have gone all over, stating you want a communist-type (state-run aka SOE) dkp system but then call guild leaders communists.
    You said in your first post you wanted dkp to move with the person as they moved guilds, then page 2 you claimed it wasn't part of your "main suggestion".
    It appears you don't read what you post or keep track of your stance on the issue(s) o_O
    You just sound like someone who really has no clue what they are talking about and posts to 'hear themselves talk'
    Put a fork in it, this thread is done.
  11. Nynaeve Active Member

actually I wrote that carrying your DKP over to another guild is not part of the main design, if the system is capable of it every guild should be able to turn "importing" DKP off.

Well, at least I don't waste half of my forum content with an oversized sig. that nobody cares about. :)
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I see. So even though I have logical reasons for why the system is good, reasons you haven't given any counter arguments for, I'm the one who is trapped and blinded.
    Why shouldn't a group of people be able to work together to agree upon something that works for them rather then having one forced on them? Your system would go from nearly infinite choices to no choices at all. You have yet to give one good reason why it would be better. The only thing you've said is that you've had experience with some people being 'unfair'. From there you've decided that everybody should be forced to do loot the way you think is 'best' rather then going out and finding a group that does loot the way they like.
    How is your system better then the fair (and diverse) systems that exist in different raids throughout the game?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  13. Ynnek Well-Known Member

We already went through something like this on the Group side. Enforced fairness, that took decisions out of the hands of players, and blocked people from rolling on items. It faced near unanimous rejection by the player base.

If 12-24 people agree to handle loot a certain way, let them handle it that way.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

requesting thread be moved and / or locked as this is not about eq2
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  15. Nynaeve Active Member

* it is accurate and makes no mistakes, unlike people with pen and paper messing with DKP points.
    * you don't need badly designed 3rd party raidplanners, tediously add your chars, or add them in the guild-window by hand.
    * SOE can export the data-feed to a website, with access restricted as guilds set it up.
    * raid leaders can't create peer-pressure "agreements" about who gets which items.
    * 100% accurate: the more you participate the higher your DKP and chance to win bids.
    * additional rewards for raid-leaders can be implemented in the system somehow, to reflect good leadership and effort. (but not by taking it upon himself to confiscate or declare loot!)
  16. Nynaeve Active Member

actually, I wouldn't mind if they implement it into EQ2 as well, but I guess it is too late for that at this point in time. So your request to move the thread is not justified, besides I really suspect you just want it to go away to a place where people don't read so much. Isn't that true? Don't need to reply.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

This forum is for >EverQuest 2 Discussion>General Gameplay Discussion

your post is for the next game SOE comes out with, those discussions for things such as EQNext, are kept in the off-topic area of the forums, this thread belongs there.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  18. Nynaeve Active Member

see:
  19. Malleria Well-Known Member

But everyone else would. Please take your bad ideas somewhere else.
  20. Kalderon Well-Known Member

It´s all nice and clean, no doubt, even on those ones.
    But seriously, do SoE need to control ourselfs? (Which you´re system implies to me) We can´t make a fair plan on rolling the loot?
    What if a class, which is not that often on raids, but realy usefull to the raids got a bad item on it. The other char got a good item and is nearly 100% time on raids, got more dkp. IF player a loots item, he got boosted, if player b loots item, he gets 1-2% more stats.
    Sometimes a leader needs to take in advance desicion to solve this issue, sometimes the player comunitcate and solve the problem with each others (mostly on my raids).
    Nothing is perfect, you can make the diffrence (most raids i loot nothing ^^)
    Wirewhisker and Veeman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.