DISCRIMINATION

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stammel Desperado, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruckus Well-Known Member

What's going to happen when your computer dies and you can't play? Or you can't pay for your internet connection? Demand that someone should fund your newest computer or pay your intrawebs connection?

DBG owes nothing to F2Pers. Even if over half of the players are F2P, it's the other half of us that is keeping this game alive (and the people who spend $ on marketplace for house decoing stuffs).

If you were F2Ping WoW, you'd only be up to level 20; then you'd be over on Blizzard's website, demanding that they should do what Daybreak Games is doing and letting F2Pers get to level 90/95/100 whatever level it is now that F2P can get up to for free.
  2. Nelie Well-Known Member

A lot of good that does you if you can't enter the game....
  3. Druantia Member

BOTTER!!!! OFF TO DRUNDER WITH YOU!!!
  4. Xevran Well-Known Member

I can enter the game just fine right now. If I can't in the future then I won't play it.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

And here I always thought that a game where you don't have to pay a monthy fee for permission to log on was the main benefit.
    Moonpanther and Wirewhisker like this.
  6. Klazdaxthunisme New Member

I've no sympathy for ftp. For years this game was ptp only. I highly suggest you try a different game ftp for a short while. Perhaps wow or runescape. Actually best bet would be star sonata. Great space game, a bit low on the graphics but building is superb. the pvp is the most brutal of any game I've ever seen. Then you'll be out of the queu opening a spot for someone else to play.
    Moonpanther and Wirewhisker like this.
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Thing is people who pay subs ALSO pay extra money for other items. Transfers, unattuners, exp stuff for alts, research, not to mention tons of cosmetic items ALL outside their free SC. I assure you, they aren't gonna be all busted up even if hundreds of people who don't even spend 15$ a month (or buy kronos) stop playing. A handful of subscribers who just don't log on much or forgot about their sub outright easily compensate. Of course every penny counts, but its also weighted against the work they have to put in and keeping the subscribers (more reliable customers/income) happy.

The F2P model EQ2 employs is little more than a 'taste' or trial, thankfully so. Games with much more aggressive F2P have overt pay-to-win shop items, lock boxes, timer resets, unlockers galore, etc. Its also not a PvP centered game, F2P player fodder running around means nothing but more of a load on the server or players botting groups.

Free players really need to stop over estimating their contribution. You aren't keeping the game a float or alive unless you are indeed spending 15-20$ a month in which case you really aren't a 'free player.'
  8. Xevran Well-Known Member

I mean, I can't say I really agree with this. EQ2's free to play is about the most pay to win I've found honestly, I mean they outright sell levels and gear, how do you go further than that without a "win" button. Furthermore EQ2's model isn't THAT much different than most other free to play games. Most games reward their subs a little more and punish free users a little less though, but it's nothing all that drastic. Games that don't rely on subs usually have a much more robust marketplace, but generally it's cosmetic things. Or they have an entry fee.

A few people on the forums want to do nothing but spread hate against free users, and act like they're above them because they pay more. Which makes no sense to me because if free to play was gone tomorrow it would do nothing but damage their experience. Unless they have a direct interest in Daybreak's finances I can't imagine why a player would be so hostile towards other human beings for such a small thing as who pays more in a video game.
    s7n7a7k7e likes this.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

How dare they treat people who are bringing in a guaranteed income slightly better than those who don't.

Madness I tell you.
  10. Eles Well-Known Member

11. Stach Well-Known Member

Hey thats a good idea, probably no queues over there, and you can be f2p there too
  12. Nelie Well-Known Member

I think you might of missed my point then. If you* are F2P and spending money on the marketplace, you* shouldn't be on here whining about queue times. That is your* fault for not choosing to spend your money wisely. You* could easily buy a sub and wait another month for those house items or that fancy hat and robe.

* = Not necessarily -YOU-, but F2P in general who spend money but not on subs
  13. Foretold Well-Known Member

Wow, so much dumb in that OP, I can't stop laughing. Thanks for that, I needed it this morning. Good luck with your discrimination lawsuit... zomg...
  14. Nelie Well-Known Member

Maybe you should look back into some EQ2 history and see what F2P originally was and compare it to now. As far as the "Pay-to-Win" button.....yeah, go ahead and take a 90 heroic geared toon and be in the hardest raid zone by tomorrow and have it cleared, kkthx. EQ2 [F2P] is FAR from "pay-to-win".

Here is something to help you with your research..you can do the rest and see what else F2P players have gotten slack on.....
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ing-changes-for-free-and-silver-members.5112/
    Moonpanther, Deveryn and Avirodar like this.
  15. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Can you please provide an update on how the legal proceedings are faring? I can't wait to hear about it.
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I didn't even read the original post in full. :p
    Wirewhisker, Neiloch and Feldon like this.
  17. Evilary Well-Known Member

So, are you going to sue for your money back? Oh, wait...nothing paid in, nothing to sue for.

Any other company that offer's free items caters more to their paying clients. Why should this game be different. I wish they had only merged 2 servers instead of 3 then maybe this drama wouldn't exist.
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

Facts not in evidence.

McDonald's discriminates against people who want a burger and fries without paying for it. They also discriminate against those with functioning tastebuds by selling the monstrosity called the McRib.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is not "discrimination". If you are F2P, that means you are not a subscriber. DBG has a duty to people who pay them cash. Since you are not paying a sub for something you're not getting, you have no monetary losses, and thus you have nothing that's legally actionable.

Now, once you get your head pulled out of the tight hole of entitledness, you should understand that F2P is really a system by which you're supposed to trial the game, then eventually move into paid status. You want the game to support you, then you have to support the game with your dollars.

As it is, while paid members get logged in without waiting on queue, we're still getting lagginess. DBG has said that they're working on server performance, so the queue is a short-term fix to keep the server playable, and paying members get precedence.

There's a metric butt-load of stuff going on simultaneously: DBG has fewer staff than SOE did. They're in the middle of major server consolidations, for which they had to create entirely new scripts and programs (the database architecture has changed since previous mergers, so all new tools had to be developed). The Beta is ongoing, and the dev team is working long, long days on that. I saw Kander pop into Maj'Dul pretty late--even by Pacific time--the other day. Amidst all this, they had a scheduled move to a new office. So the DBG team is juggling flaming entitlement patties such as yourself while trying to get all this other stuff done.

We call this game "EverCrack" for a reason, It's addictive. I can totally understand your desire to get back in the game. Take some deep breaths and be calm. It will get fixed, they're working on it. This is not something they did just to tweak your brain.

There is a simple short-term fix for the queues. Pay the $15 for a month. That gets you logged in to game. Once DBG has the bugs exterminated, then you can drop back down to F2P status if you wish.
  20. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I laughed...out loud...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.