DISCRIMINATION

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stammel Desperado, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moostafoo Active Member

If you been playing for 8 years, you should know by now to just cancel your accounts before the Server Merges happen instead of wasting the money. Thats what i did, and oh my god, look! I've not wasted any money nor time on this crap thats still needs settling. Seriously, stop being idiots people. You know how this company rolls yet you still blame them for your own stupidity. Stop it. Right mao.
  2. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Ok read the lawsuit thing, no offense.....who is going to take on a cooperation with you when you can't even afford your eq2 bill? If anything they could just file back claiming you only did it for money using your own words against you.
  3. Thwump Member

Knock off the victimization garbage. It's temporary, they're working on it, quit whining. Dear God, it's a game. Throwing out lawsuit threats is just weak sauce dude. I'm sure real classes of discriminated people are going to back the "I don't pay for a game so I'm going to sue you if I don't get my way" cause. Yeah, I'm sure you rank right up there with women getting paid less than men and racial bias. Sad dude, just sad. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
  4. Avirodar Well-Known Member

No one is bragging about being a paid subscriber. They're saying it is pathetic when people believe they are entitled to a service which they are not paying for. Oh we know, every other FTP parasite loves to harp on about how they pay soooo much for stuff off the cash shop, and we -totally- believe then (hint: no, we don't).

If you truly hold such disdain for EQ2 as expressed in your above, maybe you should spend more time staring out the window at squirrels burying their nuts, and not be a freeloader consuming the resources of an MMO.

The Devs have stated that they are working on resolving some issues, and that the queues are temporary. Holly just messaged that a fix is going in Tuesday that they hope will resolve a memory issue, and remove the need for the queue on Maj'Dul. The fact you think it is some injustice that DBG are prioritizing service to paying customers while they fix some issues, shows what kind of person you are.
  5. Xevran Well-Known Member

I don't agree with that at all. A membership doesn't make your character more powerful by itself.
  6. Blambil Active Member

(Complaing about this is about as useful as spitting into the wind, however...)

I've had toons in queue since 09:30am EST today, and .. right now, at 8:05pm this moment, they're still sitting at the screen.. you know..the one that says:

Play request queued.
    Average Wait : 6 hours 18 minutes

All day.. zero access .. on the weekend..

This is beyond pathetic.
    Rajaih likes this.
  7. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Is anything preventing you from playing on a server that does not have a queue system in place, while issues are being resolved?
  8. CodyF86 Member

If your timer starts going up you can just stop queuing and login again. After 5 or 6 times you usually get in right away. People don't have to wait all day...if you do it 5 or 6 times you get right in.
  9. Sadsack Member

Avirodar wrote in #64:
    "No one is bragging about being a paid subscriber."

"If you truly hold such disdain for EQ2 as expressed in your above, maybe you should spend more time staring out the window at squirrels burying their nuts, and not be a freeloader consuming the resources of an MMO."

You make my point. You take a position that F2P players are freeloaders consuming the resources of an MMO, as if you are superior because you pay as a subscriber. You don't seem to like a F2P player shattering your illusion that there are reasons other than being a "freeloader" not to pay for a game.

You are bragging by degrading others who you feel are inferior to you.

I, on the other hand, am not going to pay for the same old crap from MMO developers, even though it's wrapped up in a new shiny ribbon every six months, it's still the same old garbage game play being peddled. Pay them money to run the same, tired old treadmill for 5 more levels.

I am not impressed in the least with the re-invention of the wheel, call it WOW, EQ2, Age of Conan, Rift, Runes of Magic, Eldar Scrolls Online, D&D Online, Lord of the Rings Online, EQNext, etc., I hold them all in disdain because I have higher expectations than re-skinning Brad McQuade's initial EQ spin on the Dungeons and Dragons mix of fighter, healer, tank, magic user. Gygax did that with the original D&D around 1969, when it was nothing more than a supplement to his "Chainmail" rulebook.. At least McQuade broke new ground when he moved Gygax's idea to an MMO platform.

After that, zero, zilch, nada in development creativity, all the while touring trade shows peddling how this developer's "AI" is new, innovative, and improved. The bullcrap peddled by developers at these trade shows is deep. The difference between mobs is nothing more than higher hit points and higher damage, dressed up in pretty cartoon graphics and advertised as "BAMs".

After the original EQ there has been nothing but follow the same tired old MMO formula with a different skin on it. The emperor has no clothes, the Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz is nothing more than a tired old man pulling all the old leavers to create smoke. Alice has fallen down the rabbit hole, drank the vile, followed The White Rabbit to the Tea Party, and found the Mad Hatter and March Hare stuffing the players into the Teapot, while the Cards run around Painting the Roses Red.

That's exactly why you object to me as a F2P player, you Paint the Roses Red because you pay a subscription for this crap without any expectation of the developers providing anything more in originality. You support the status quo and require an ego boost to justify your position.

I expect something more, and will not throw my money away on promises in the dark from developers that lack imagination.
    MMO's now are nothing but a money machine, GOFUND ME's, paid betas and early access to raise fast cash. Take the money, push a pile of manure out the door, and move on to the next bunch of whales.

That may satisfy you, throwing your money at crappy, unimaginative, products like the current wash of unfinished zombie games, or the "fund me" games that can raise $100 million by selling spaceship skins along with promises, but it don't move me to open my wallet.

I'll burn a couple of spare hours here and there, nothing more, nothing less.
  10. Stach Well-Known Member

This is such crap. This does not work at all
  11. Avirodar Well-Known Member

You're projecting an inferiority complex into the discussion. That is your problem, not mine.

You state you do not pay, and have no intention of doing so. That makes you a freeloading leech that is a drain on the resources of this game. Yet you have the gall to act as if it is some violation of human rights when customers who contribute to the upkeep of EQ2, the paying subscribers, are given priority service in a time of transition where server stability is an issue.

The rest of your post was irrelevant to the topic on hand. If you hate MMO's so much, leave, go play a console game, or watch the squirrels bury their nuts.
  12. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Forum posters be like "help I'm totally bein' discriminated against!"

Big Development Company be like, "Pay us that monthly fee & we'll totes love ya bro!"
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  13. Snivel Member

Today, like every other day since the merge to HoF took place, I logged into the game without problem.

I have done quite a bit of work on the Guild Hall as well as sorting all the bags/bank on my several toons.

I also managed to get a few tradeskill toons started on the artisan epic line. Lots of zoning, no problems.

I have also spoken to several folks who I know in game. No lag at all in communications.

Anyone want to guess how I have been able to do all these things?

These things happened because like every day since the game started I paid.

Not because I'm rich.
    Not because I demanded to be able play.

It happened because I understood that if you wanted to enjoy your time online playing EQ2 you had to pay and to "cut your cloth accordingly"

I'm struggling to understand why folks who don't or haven't paid expect to be treated in the same manner as those who have when server/computer resources are struggling to keep up with the demands of the player base at this moment in time.

DBG employees have stated in game that fixes are coming.

Yes, I know it's far from ideal but that's the current reality of the situation.

All these various forum posts are doing is making an unpleasant situation worse.
    Moonpanther, Livejazz and FriggaWitch like this.
  14. Taezya Member

If you don't pay, then why do you care if they give you something? You're not losing anything. It's a game. You're not getting anything that's physical. So complaining about not getting ultimately nothing for money you're not paying is a little...Anyway, you PAID for services that have already been rendered. Now you're not paying for those services and you're STILL getting services that you're not paying for even if they're not as extensive as when you were paying. I don't see where you're losing anything that you'd be able to sue. I'm sure your dark elf or troll or dwarf or whatever race you play might be able to say they're being discriminated against, but they're (shhhhh /looks back and forth) not real.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

Perhaps because the game is advertised as a F2P game meaning even if someone is F2P they should be able to log on even if there are some restrictions (which are still in place btw).

And I'd love to know where any one from Daybreak has said anything about the queues recently. The last red name post that I saw in something regarding the merged servers was when Maj'Dul crashed the other day and they were asking people to be patient. I certainly haven't seen anyone on Halls of Fate saying a thing about absurd queues (like the 24 hour one many were seeing).

People, some of whom have even dropped $90 for the upcoming expansion and other things can't even log on to the game. It's stupid to call it discrimination (cheapens the word) but that doesn't mean it's okay to expect people to just patiently wait with zero information about why there are these long queues to begin with. The excuse of "oh it's just people logging on for the first time, this is all temporary" we heard the first couple of days kind of ceases to fly nearly 2 weeks after the fact.

The situation would get considerably better if someone who knew what was going on bothered to drop by and give a little information instead of the great big silence we are hearing. Surely someone can step away from the beta forums long enough to tell people when they can expect things to change.

It really kills me all the people hopping on the forums calling F2P players freeloaders just because they don't pay a monthly sub. I know F2P players who spend more per month than I spend on the 3 all access accounts I carry (yearly subs so cheap subscription per month). I'm sure there are people who never drop a dime, but that isn't everyone.
    Rajaih likes this.
  16. Snivel Member

As I said in my post, the message was stated in game.

There was a broadcast message on HoF earlier from "Wyndstalker" advising that "memory fixes were in hand for the coming week and that they should alleviate the queueing issue".

I don't have a screenshot, but that was the gist of the broadcast message.
    Avirodar likes this.
  17. Csipi Active Member

The truth is that this game isn't very popular. Its old and outdated. The F2P players do make up a sizeable portion of the population and also contribute money to the game. Alienating the F2P players will mean less money for DBG which means more devs being laid off.

So for the snobby access players, next time your wondering why the new expac has half the quests as previous expacs or why there are so many bugs well you can thank DBG for driving away a good size of its playerbase.
    Rajaih likes this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

They should be posting on the forums where oh...the people who can't log on can see it then. That would make considerably more sense than doing it in game.

I've also been on HOF for a couple of hours and I never saw this broadcast, though as I suppose it could have happened while I was switching characters or accounts. Of course. it doesn't do much good for those actually affected by the queues does it? Someone needs to post on their forums.
  19. HobbitNecro New Member

I haven't paid a thing since 2011.
    Do keep supporting the game for me, Avirodar - there's a good boy.
  20. Avirodar Well-Known Member

In the unlikely event there is some truth behind your claims, one of two things must be true...

1) The EQ2 FTP model is far too generous, and needs to be locked down to properly incentivize the utilization of subscription services by the FTP crowd, of which love to claim they are spending bucket-loads of cash, but mysteriously don't consider a monthly sub that includes 500 DB-Cash, a Marketplace discount, a DBG store discount, access to additional character slots, double alternate currencies, added coin reward, 5 LON game packs, and a number of other perks, as a worth while expense.

Or

2) Such claims being made by FTPers are total crud.

I am going with #2.
    Taysa, Moonpanther, Livejazz and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.