Dirge Training

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Woobs, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-bagrada Guest

So the level 30 choices are:
    - upgrade to clara's cacophony
    - mobilization of arms - speed + stat buffs
    - ??
    - ??
    Anyone know the other 2? Not worth considering?
    Mobilization of arms sounds like a clear winner but if they nerf the speed stacking its more of a choice...

I took the root at level 10 and was disappointed, if I had a respec I'd try the defense debuff with damage debuff. 10 second root will help with getaways but not with crowd control really, except slight help with mob peeling.

For level 20 I took the luck because I had upgrades for everything else already. It seemed to add +23 hp and +13 power at level 28. I won't be using it ever (I never use the normal luck either, though I would if it only took 1 conc slot - Haste may be worth 2 slots but luck doesn't seem to be imho).
  2. ARCHIVED-Woobs Guest

I just dinged to 30 yesterday night.

Choices were

Mobilization of Arms : upgrade to Harl's euphony, it gives me 2 (agi,str,sta) stats more than adept1 Harl's and SPEED buff!

Upgrade to clara's cachophony : I dont remeber the specific text, but I think it's the same song and stacks (guess)

Upgrade to darksong blade : dmg, disease DoT and snare

Upgrade to Death's scent : agi, int, magic and poison resist

I was leaning a bit with death's scent upgrade, but I felt it was too much of a gamble. Since it might be better than death's scent, it's short lenght and buffs are self only.

Got excited when I saw Mobilization of Arms. This is the best song ever! Even if there is an upgrade to this song later, a few stats cant make up for the big out of combat speed buff. I couldnt believe how fast I was going and no need to stay in place to cast it unlike pathfinding. Stack that wiht pathfinding and sprint, nothing can catch you!
  3. ARCHIVED-prisoner17 Guest

Caskin's Raging Swipe is pretty cool, very nice in groups for dps. Does lots of dmg for me at 21, usually hits between 70 - 110 and a small dot for 27 dmg for a few ticks. Its on the same timer as taffo's though, and is a flank attack. Also picked up Jonathan's Whistling Warsong. I can't really tell if its better than Merciless Melody, I dont noticed that I'm hitting a whole lot faster or harder but meh. Seemed like the good choice.
  4. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

"Stack that wiht pathfinding and sprint, nothing can catch you!"

It doesn't stack with sprint. In fact, sprinting is pretty useless if you have both those on unless you are in-combat. I had Pathfinding and this buff up and sprinted while my friend followed with Pathfinding, this buff and no sprint and there was no speed difference.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Non-stop no power drain sprint is godly still. I noticed most the 30+ dirges picked the same stuff as me. root, AE disrupt, movement ++. Makes me wonder if I'd have gone another route if I was leveling up and picking them as I go. Also I switched from gnoll mastery to orc since that's what I'll be killing more of now. Kinda almost makes up for going with out all that good stuff for so long =)
  6. ARCHIVED-Woobs Guest

Yep, you're right, my bad! Sprint doesnt seem to take effect. I tried with 2 speed buff from a warden and I was running fast but im not sure is there was an increase. Sprint didnt take effect also with these 4 speed buff.
    I test if something could cath you out of combat, ran past a snake in Zek (a red one), hit me 1 first past, "too far away" next hit and I lost it not long after. Questings and "suicide run" are gonna be more fun now.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xeryna Guest

I think the nerf bat taking a swing at the pathfinding + JMoA stacking is imminent, but it's fun for now =P Pathfinding was far too slow anyway.

I dinged 40 tonight, here's the choices for 40:

Discouraging Discante upgrade (that's what it says in the description directly, does not say Oppressing Discante which I believe is what we get somewhere in the 40s), also decreases the encounter's attack speed.

Daro's Dull Blade upgrade, says it does more damage and I believe it also adds a stun or interrupt (?)

Lucky Break upgrade, increases blocking as well (or something equally as useless for the 2 concentration cost).

Daro's Doleful Dirge upgrade: adds a power drain component.

None of these options were particularly attractive to me, the Lucky Break upgrade was an immediate write-off, but I was hesitant with any of them really, since all the songs / arts they were upgrading were like low to mid 30s anyway, so I'm not sure if the upgrades we get in the 40s will be any better than the trained ones.

I ended up choosing the Daro's Doleful Dirge upgrade, since we're kinda lacking on power drains. At level 40 it drains 47 power when the song first hits, and 24 per tick afterwards (and yes, you get spammed every tick for every mob it landed on). The skill range is listed as 200-250 (level 40-50), hard to say if it will be better or worse than Daro's Sorrowful Dirge. I know they are supposed to be upgrades of existing abilities, but JMoA does give me a bigger stat increase than the 38 Harl's, but that could just be because the trained abilities are adept 2.
    Message Edited by Xeryna on 01-08-2005 03:39 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-pheonyxe Guest

at lvl 30, I took Largos Cacophony (upgrade to Claras)

After I got over my initial disappointment of not takig jonthans from what I read here, I must say I am very very happy with it.

Landed a regular melee hit for [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] near on 200, and out tank and other DPS in our regular group are just going Bananas ove rthe amount of damage they are doing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ellrin Guest

Just dinged 30 last night and to be honest spent a good 5 minutes umming and aahing between Jonathans and Largos with the icon begging me to choose before i plumped for Largos mainly due to the fact that i have a regular exp group and it has a wizard in it.

Thank god I just read your last post was begining to wonder if i could petition for a wrong choice :p
  10. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

I'm thinking of taking the discante upgrade, leave power drains to the troubs :D

Assuming the slow is decent, being able to stack two slows on mob = <3
  11. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

The slow is pretty good from our testing. Guardian was 40 and I was 39. We were taking on level 43 Nightbloods (One group, two mobs, single up and double up), and the healer would be at little less than half power at the end of the fight.

Dinged 40, used the slow on the same group and the healer was around 75% power. Not sure if it was due to my higher damage output or the slow...but I think the slow counts into that.
  12. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

I think Jonothan's Mobilization song is a no-brainer for 30th. Like some others here, I debated doing the debuff because i use Cacophony all the time -- but that debuff will upgrade at some point, whereas I don't see us getting another song that has a run buff that stacks with pathfinding -- so the choice will be useful for longer. (Not to mention making the Nek run and other jboots runs easier and making it easier to travel without worrying so much about aggro).
  13. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

As is unless you have a mount, JMA > any lvl 30 training ability, if you decided to take the 40th discante.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Some fyi incase you didn't know, the training abilities named with "Rin" were after a guild member:D

http://drow.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12104&sid=5a4f8d571843e900421246c5cd26b4dd
  15. ARCHIVED-LincolnLogs Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Anyone here taken the 40 training option of Daro's Dull Blade care to comment on how much of an upgrade it is?
  17. ARCHIVED-Pepper82 Guest

Lucky Break Upgrade would be first choice for me - the skill is awsome, and I would use it even for 3 konz.points
    Message Edited by Pepper82 on 01-24-2005 09:20 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Cinderup Guest

"at lvl 30, I took Largos Cacophony (upgrade to Claras)

After I got over my initial disappointment of not takig jonthans from what I read here, I must say I am very very happy with it.

Landed a regular melee hit for [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] near on 200, and out tank and other DPS in our regular group are just going Bananas ove rthe amount of damage they are doing."

Or the 38 Claras, which descreases Trauma mitigation

VS

Mobilization of Arms : upgrade to Harl's euphony, it gives me 2 (agi,str,sta) stats more than adept1 Harl's and SPEED buff!

Harl's is level 38.6, I am level 39 with it at app 2, and JMA is 1 stat point higher on each, so I think right now the only advantage Harl's has is that it can be upgraded and it has poison resist

I'm undecided and near ding to 30. Thing is, what is trauma mitigation, is it as good as the level 30 clara upgrade (Largos)?

Mind you, the speed buff part of Mobilization does not impress me. The stats dont either, knowing it takes 2-4 points of a stat to make a bare difference. I love claras so...
  19. ARCHIVED-Xanusus Guest

I've just got a quick question for you about this ability. Can you play this song AND your regular Daro's at the same time? i'm just curious because if you can there might be some stacking going on there and you may be able to effecively get a slow on the mob for 20% rather than the normal 10% weak slow from just playing one at a time. Both stacked also would probably snare the mobs more too. again I don't know if you can stack them both but would really like to know. I do know that str/agi/slow specialty training will stack with regular Daro's for 20% atk spd slow. I've parsed that out and it does. Wondering if the same applies for this song stacking too.
  20. ARCHIVED-DOLPHYNN Guest

At 40 I ttook Jonathans Deomoralizing Discante, which upgrades Discante and adds a 10% slow to it. I hope that it would stack with our other Slow debuff for 20%.

I then tested it out on a gray mob, and it does indeed stack, so we can get 20% slow on an encounter (and add in snare and some STR/AGI debuffing).

Results of a 40 Dirge vs a 34 Dust Adder, using Adept 1 Doleful Dirge and Adept II Demoralizing Discante. Tested on the same snake in timed tests of 2 1 min intervals.

No Debuffs:
    13 Swings and 10 Specials in 1 minute
    19 swings and 4 specials in 1 minute
    Mob was now out of power so kept testing
    23 Swings in 1 minute
    24 Swings in 1 minute

With Demoralizing Discante on mob:
    21 Swings in 1 minute
    21 Swings in 1 minute

With Demoralizing Discante and Doleful Dirge on mob:
    19 Swings in 1 min
    19 Swings in 1 min.

So they definately seem to stack. I wanted to test our slow stacking with Shaman slow, but was unable.

Anyone know if our slow stacks with the slow from a shaman? If so we could slow the mob 35%.

SCANDIA