Dirge Training

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Woobs, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Xanusus Guest

Yeah that would be nice to know if playing those 2 would stack with shaman slows also. Better yet, it would be really sweet if you could stack it with chanter's slows on top of that. I'm just wondering and I know someone out there did pick the Daro's power drain specialty upgrade and I would like to know if that one stacks with the regular Daro's line as well. Anyone care to find out for me? It's really simple to see if they do. If you can cast both songs and have them going on the maintained window, just go find a grey and perform a simple test. Wouldn't take you more than 10 minutes at the most.
  2. ARCHIVED-Woobs Guest

Sound good in theory to have 20% slow on a mob, with a msytic/defiler it could get even slower. But you are giving away 2 concentration slot for that. Losing Ballad and Cacophony is a big hit, but im guessing it can be usuful to have a super slow mob.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xanusus Guest

It is. It very good in a prolonged raid battle lasting 30 minutes or longer. Once the mob is out of power I can slap both slows on him and drop Harl's/bria's and it does make a difference in the amount of damage the tank will take. Now on your normal day to day grinding it's pretty worthless but put it on a prolonged battle with a mob out of power and it's priceless. Harl's really isn't missed. The str on it was nerfed. The agi on it was nerfed. About the only thing it really is helping now is HP total and that really doesn't matter when you have several healers keeping the tank pumping. Bria's isn't a problem either. We have chanters present and generally our healers will finish a raid encounter with 50-75% mana still left. Usually when the mob is out of power I switch song line up in raids. I'll drop Harl's/bria's while keeping Discordant Boon going and clara's and slap both slows on the raid boss. Admittedly it is very limited in it's use but nonetheless useful.
  4. ARCHIVED-Orgingrinder Guest

lvl 10 trait = root song

why? because it's the only form of CC we get until garisons. Also because it's on it's own timer, and we dont get anything that upgrades it ever in our song line.

lvl 20 trait = pick whatver

why? because they are all dust collecters when you get higher lvl and the spells are replaced.

lvl 30 trait = Jonathans Mobilizing of Arms

why? because it's the only song in game that we get, which increases our run speed. It doesn't stack with Harls Kindling strain as far as stats go, however the speed itself is very valuable all the way up to 50, and probably beyond.

lvl 40 trait = Jonathans Demorilizing Discante

why?
    Jonathans Demoralizing Discante = 35 agil, 35 str debuff with 10% slow to encounter, costs 86 power.
    Oppressive Discante (lvl 47.6) = 35 agil, 35 str debuff, costs 105 power.
    ***10% encounter stackable slow for 19 power less*** it's a no brainer

Orgingrinder
    50 dirge
    Grobb
    Message Edited by Orgingrinder on 02-23-2005 09:24 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

Level 20 rins song of luck is gonna be ok for quite a whioe as its one u'll use alot.

i went with the ae shriek and never changed it on /respec so far, its doing upto 90 hp so far usually 75-80, although its listed damage is higher, with the faster cast time and interupt its ok. Some dirges hate the line of spells, and they do need fixing, but this song does alot more than the 29 version does at adept 1, pretty sure it would rival the next one after that unless they fix them. So of the level 20 traits, if you use the alins line at all, this one would have the longest life.

Rins however would see alot more general daily use, great for soloing etc too.

Lots of people stating opressive discante at 40. is the slow with power drain any good, i.e is the power drain effective?

Message Edited by Jziad on 02-23-2005 09:52 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Orgingrinder Guest

Oppressive discante isn't a slow w/ power drain... Oppressive discante is a lvl 47.6 debuff which debuffs encounters str and agility by 35(at adept1). The lvl 40 trait you can chose which is the same as discante is the same 35 str and agil debuff, but also adds a 10% slow (encounter, so AoE). lvl 40 trait also costs 19 power less... so as i said in prior post, you basically gain a 10% group slow for 19 power less... ie. no brainer.

Orgingrinder
    50 dirge
    Grobb
  7. ARCHIVED-Xanusus Guest

No response yet from anyone who took the power drain/slow at 40. :-\ I just want to know if it can stack with the regular Daro's. I still have a /respec left in me and if it does, i'm switching to it. anyone out there who took it al all? I know there's got to be at least one person who did.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dreamdahon Guest

I did take the slow power drain and I love it. 35str agi debuff isn't greater than the power drain, imo, and they both slow for 10%. I don't know if they stack, I just assumed that didn't and never tested. That sounds kinda stupid now, don't know why I thought that. I will test later when at home, at work atm. Will also posts the exact drain, but it drains the entire group for the complete duration of the song. Its great on long raids since will get them down alot faster. It lists out much it drains for each person, each tick, but can't remember exact number and don't want to give wrong info. Will try to remember later to post it for you here. We get a str/agi debuff, this is our only encounter power drain, and I never liked the str/agi debuff much anyway, at least not at a con point. But each to their own, but I think this spell rocks and except for guys will huge power pools, you will drain them down fast enough where the slow actually matters more since it doesn't effect their spells anyways. Just my two copper.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dreamdahon Guest

Ok, here is the description on Selo's Chords of Cessation(lvl 40 training)

power cost 68
    Slow encounter by 19%
    Decreases attack speed of encounter by 10%
    Decreases power of encounter by 47
    Decreases power of encounter by 18 every 6 seconds

I did a little testing. Took me a bit cause I was having a lucking night with repostes and had to get starting over. I did 6 sets of 1 minute tests

All durations are one minute
    No slow
    23 hits
    24 hits
    one slow
    21 hits
    21 hits
    two slows
    21 hits
    21 hits

So its sucks but they don't stack. Btw anyone know if they other training stacks. I assumed it did since it is a different line. Also, I am about 17% from the last slow so I may test it again but pretty sure it won't stack either.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

Yes I realise this, i was asking on the effectiveness of the slow with power drain, as several 40+ dirges have stated the similar debuff with additional slow that stacks with Oppressive discante as a no brainer... suggesting the option of the slow with power drain isn't that good.
    The details of this song were posted above, so got that info now thanks. The power drain looks ok but not huge, as its on the same line as our regular slow and doesn't stack then yeah, interesting.

Message Edited by Jziad on 02-24-2005 02:09 AM
    Message Edited by Jziad on 02-24-2005 02:11 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Xanusus Guest

Yeah that's a little disappointing to hear. I was hoping it would stack with the regular line for 20% slow. Well, dream can you give it one more go with the last upgrade to Daro's just to be sure? Regardless, I still think it's a good ability because Dirges really don't have alot of options in the mana damaging dept. right now if we want to kill mana we have to spam thuris/bereavement and back out for our bow attack to kill mana.

I was hoping for the stack because I want that 20% slow on raid mobs. That's the main reason I took the str/agi/slow was because I assumed it would stack and it does. I sure as heck didn't take it for the str/agi debuff because that part is ****. The slow however, is good on an out of mana mob.

Oh well, those of you who took it I wouldn't really worry. you're still contributing quite a bit to running mobs dry with it. Heck I may end up taking it anyways and just leave the slowing to our shamans.