Devastation Fist Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Almeric_CoS, Aug 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-tt66 Guest

Hydor@Runnyeye wrote:
    Current word from the test servers is :

2184- 4056dmg at 708 STR

Can we start complaining now?
  2. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

tt66 wrote:
    Yes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Siatfallen Guest

Att: Dev that may or may not read this forum:
    Okay, I'll join the bandwagon for once. This is utterly ridiculous.

If you want to give up a "high set damage", try multiplying that damage listed on Devastation Fist in the post above by, oh, I don't know, five at the very least. The damage you have set here is an insult. Our three "heavyhitting" normal combat arts, which will not stifle us for ten seconds, should be about the same kind of damage, without the long recast timer.

Additionally, you keep telling us that the reason brawlers are not being buffed for raid content is that we are too powerful in group content... So why do you now set this CA to do much, much less damage on raids than against, say, the Torklar Battlemaster in Unrest? If my information is correct, the battlemaster sits at a ridiculously high 100k hp - admittedly a lot for a heroic mob. With Devastation Fist, we can now smack him around for 25k in one shot.
    - But we do 4k at most (handwavy, guessing how strength modifies it) with the same CA, on an epic mob? What?

Way to try and a balance the class in all situations. If you want us to only run heroic content, please tell us now. Y'know, instead of continuing to beat us on top of the head with the fact in these updates. If that's the case, at least we know you're not listening.

So the first version of this new modified CA may have been overpowered. This change in an insult.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Oh for godsake, give us 1 dollar, demand 20 dollar payment.
    4k dmg on friggin Epics is bullcrap. Especially with the goddam stifle.
  6. ARCHIVED-mr23sgte Guest

Heroic Nerf INC -- watch and see
  7. ARCHIVED-Kainsei Guest

Why didn't they just put the immunity timer on something like 2 min instead of making the ability useless in raids (come on, even with ad3 / legendary gear any decent monk can do more than 4k damage in 10 sec just by using CAs).

Like we needed a 25% hit against heroic mobs.....
  8. ARCHIVED-PantherXX Guest

I agree. Why even bother with this change. If memory serves, Dev. Fist costs 500 power. So huge power for a 2750 hit that stifles us for 10s. Using dev fist, for most raiding brawlers, will actually lower DPS for anyone who is good at timing CAs.
    And frankly, I do think 25% on heroics is overpowered. 10% would be a little more reasonable, but it should stay at 1% for Epics. Afterall, a healer class gets a spell that does 2% damage to Epics and somehow is not overpowered! If it is a concern, make the immunity permanenton epics so I can only be used once.
  9. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Lanari@Storms wrote:
    I liked that...
  10. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

Aeralik,
    Can you please give us some background on why this change was made, and why the damage was set where it was?
    Based on the current numbers, I WILL NOT use Devastation Fist on raids -- I believe it would actually be a net negative to DPS. With the 10 second stifle, I am giving up ~4 CAs that have a better chance to hit, for the same or more damage, with much more power efficiency.
    So . . . if 1% is overpowered (which I doubt), that's fine, but don't give us something that's manifestly useless. IMO, the damage would have to be at least 4x what's shown on test to make it worth using.
  11. ARCHIVED-Raidi Sovin'faile Guest

Morrolan V, you should check out the other forums on the web that deal with EQ2, as you'll find such answer as this:

Aealik wrote:
    Personally, I think it could still use a doubling or tripling in Damage against Epics to become worthwhile. My idea of "keep % values and institute a cap based on our Health" is simultaneously capping the damage against epics and everything else (the last thing we need is MORE soloing benefits really), putting control of the damage in the players hands (getting the player more involved in the process, which equates to more fun), as well as making the CA worthwhile to cast and a "wow" factor. AND it still scales it to level.

A 3k damage attack doesn't need a 10 second stifle. A 25% damage to heroics might. The problem is you have WILDLY varying results that keep the SAME drawbacks.. which is very poor mechanics. This needs to be normalized, and basing it on Health for capping damage would be a perfect compromise.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

i feel pretty 'bla' about the whole thing. imo the devs see that we need fixed and they are throwing us a bone to try to shut us up. dunno. will hafta see what actually makes it to live servers.
  13. ARCHIVED-shaolen Guest

Kaisoku@Mistmoore wrote:
    With all due respect I call Shennanigans!!! on that post by Aealik.
    First off I would not call a 1.9-3.6k damage a "high damage attack". I can do that much damage with my staff using auto attack. Secondly all we can do is armchair quarterback since we dont work for SOE.
    Is it me or does it sound like Aealik got a little "defensive" in that post? It sounds like they changed it before it went like so other classes wont complain. But the crazy thing is, some of the other classes will still complain. For GOD's sake SOE throw us a bone or two, so what if the other classes start [I cannot control my vocabulary] and moaning. The status of monks in EQ2 is truly sad, it makes me wish for the old EQ days when we were needed.
  14. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

To stop the joust scenario, put a root on it.
    If you're worried about such massive burst dps in the dying moments of an encounter, why not put a rule in that when a mob is below 10% you only do 50% of the dmg or some other mob health/dmg out scaling method.
    My concern is that your issues only come out when people raise theres. Why not speak to some players that appreciate balance and discuss things?
    In the past it's been amazingly frustrating when it seems like a skill has been "dealt with" and crossed off the list by the developers even though actual players have serious concerns. There are always people that want themselves to have superhuman skills, but tbh, the majority of the brawlers out there are just after some equality and wouldn't seriously promote the incorporation of a "over-the-top skill".
  15. ARCHIVED-Eowyna1979 Guest

Kaisoku@Mistmoore wrote:
    What game is Aealik playing? Because in EQ2 I would hardly say that 3k is one of the biggest hits in the game.
  16. ARCHIVED-mattmandude Guest

Anyone on a PvP test server know if the ability will be changed in the pvp setting?
  17. ARCHIVED-Taiken Guest

lol... See I keep telling you guys.. This company doesn't care about it's consumers. Which is REALLY bad.. Because the second a new game comes out that offers the same game content but better customer relations and services.. I'm sure at the very least.. Half of the entire population of the game will leave..
    What this company fails to realize is, any successful high performance company must know who their key clients are and what their needs are. Given, you offer your clients entertainment.. Not everyone will find every aspect entertaining.. BUT.. You guys at SOE messed up the game's content so much.. adding useless features like card games, rediculously long quests, constant nerfs and changes to the overall classes, bad customer service / relations .. And numerous other things your KEY CLIENTS DO NOT FIND APPEALING!
    From a business stand point, you guys are on top because of the marketing strategies your comapny first deployed way back about 3 years ago and as well as your loyal customers on EQ1.. You're a ruler of a niche market.. But what happens when your key client's interest changes?.. What of their new demands and needs in an evolving entertainment world?..
    Think Im not making sense?.. It's simple, every high performance company thus far knows that adapting to change to better serve their key customers is a rule of thumb.. Yet we have developers running their mouths and keeping key clients at a dis-advantage.. Telling them what "they" think is right instead of listening to what consumers "need' and "want".
    Look at the apple ipod for example -- since the distrubution of this product.. Along with the change in music distrubution.. Look at the major music distribution companies from back in 1998?.. What happend to them SOE?.. They have all struggled to keep with the current demand of the still evolving *DIGITAL MUSIC* market.
    Another example -- Look at google.com.. Major companies realized that majority of the consumers do not even care for commercials anymore, nothing seems to be getting into the heads of the consumers.. Sales are down even tho companies have invested so much in TV adds, print promos.. Why isn't it working?.. Simple.. The key clients needs have changed.. Where do these clients go now.. They go to google, youtube, myspace, "ME" marketing. That is why you see adds on google, that is why ou see adds on your myspace.. These are marketing strategies to regain the confdience of their key customers!
    YOU GUYS AT SOE better shape up and start listening to your key clients before they all pull the plug on you, as soon as the next 'ipod' of MMO's hits the stands.. Right now, you're standing on the leg of a niche market.. what happens when a new competitor capitlizes in all the mistakes you guys have made?.. From the constant nerfs to classes, to the un-answered customer demands, to the lack of customer service!.
    If you guys ask me.. I won't be to surprised, by 2009-.. This company actually starts losing key clients and starts struggling to keep up with the next 'ipod' of the MMO... Because folks, in this forum alone.. We have had people actually go so far to give the company feedback by making posts/threads that state ideas, some have even don the math and even came up with VERY good senarios for changes to be made in the game.. What will happen if an emerging game developer takes all of our considerations to heart?.. and starts implementing them in a brand new MMO.. I dont see the benifits in staying here at EQ2 if another company offers me...

A better service, a better online experience, a better customer relations service.. And what if they start giving us things like a myspace, a search engine in the game?.. What if they figure out new ways to attract the average entertainment consumer?.. What can your company do about it?.. You gonna tell me that you're right and that I the consumer am wrong?.. Fine, I'll gladly leave to the other company where I feel I am valued and appreciated.
    This is what happens when companies fail to realize the importance in valuing the demands of their key clients rather then protecting their precious blue print plans for "success".. Quality over Quantity SOE.. Quality over Quantity..
    start recognizing the changing market infront of you and deal with it.. Otherwise prepare for a major financial loss in the coming years..
    You guys are so in trouble within the next few years... I just can't wait to see how you will manage.
    -Taiken
  18. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

It is ok guys. The greatest monk among you has figured that Dev Fist will rock the hell out of heroic adds in all the cookie cutter EoF fights. So not to worry, we will be hitting for 25k+ in avatar fights, cmayong, mayong, tender, gardener, that FTH guy etc.

That is until Aer reads this and nerfs that too :p !!
  19. ARCHIVED-mattmandude Guest

Yeah I was thinking about that.. I'll probably be able to solo a lot more of the T7 zones like Acadechism now...

And the named farming? Man, that makes me excited
  20. ARCHIVED-Cirth_Beer Guest

[IMG]
    That is what dev fist looks like today on test