Devastation Fist Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Almeric_CoS, Aug 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Almeric_CoS Guest

[p]Anyone know what, if any, upgrade we're getting to Dev Fist in LU38? There's been a statement that everyone gets one, but how do you upgrade an Insti-Kill?[/p][p]Perhaps make it more accurate? (that'd be REALLY NICE) Or maybe some sort of short buff for a successful kill?[/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Percentage or scaling number damage on Heroics/Epics? I mean I wouldn't want to one-shot Naggy(ok YES I would but I highly doubt that would happen) but it would be ice for it to be marginally useful in raids just increase the stiffle time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Harpax Guest

At Fan Faire Lockeye specfically called out Dev Fist as something that was going to get an upgrade and be something less of a 1 trick pony. Not sure what he had planned though.
  4. ARCHIVED-Fleaball Guest

GAWD, I hope they do something with Devastating Fist. The only time I pull it out of the knowledge book is for duels vs. summoners or to go OHHH LOOKY AT ME!! I just one shot a no con mob..... I really, REALLY hope they made whatever they are coming up with usable vs. raid mobs. It's the only Bloodline skill that can't be used in a raid environment...
  5. ARCHIVED-PsyStorm Guest

A good use I've found for DF is using it against named mobs w/ pets. The last guy in CoV is a good example. He has a pet gargoyle. I alway DF him when the fighting starts. It may not but a huge savings to damage, but you never know. Plus it makes me look good on the parse!! :mrgreen:
  6. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

Why the hell are you people complaining about something that's an instant kill to soloes?
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

[p]Not all solo's and there are even some solos that have a buff that stops the insta-kill part. DF does not work on vvv just vv,v,even nor on any ^,^^,^^^ nor Epics and I've run into at least a couple of Balsiks for writs that had a buff that let them survive with a sliver of health.[/p][p]BTW odd in Duels I tried it use DF and I got the Too weak comment that vvv's have. [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Fleaball Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Trying to use it on Dumbfires or shammy pets??? Either way you're just stifling yourself for no reason. Our aoe can handle dumbfires and the shammy dogs go down in 2 auto attacks...

I'm talking about the summoner pets, you don't need to worry about any of there pets in a duel to be honest, but it does add insult to injury after they spent a minute summoning them and buffing them up just so you could 2 hit them to death...
  9. ARCHIVED-Fleaball Guest

Cocytus wrote:
    They can keep there insta kill on solo's. The only time I kill solo's anymore is when I'm bored or farming for a new tingy for the Hurricanus fight.

If your hotbars were [I cannot control my vocabulary] near filled with CA's that had "does not effect epics" in there description you'd see where we are coming from.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Fleaball@Crushbone wrote:
    I was refering to a Guardian who was my guild leader at the time, lol, this was back when duels where first implimented
  11. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

I see it as a skill that's really nifty, but at the same time, not overpowered. If they change this skill to something that isn't an instant kill, it's just not going to be the same. It's not going to be cool anymore.

The only thing I could offer to upgrade it would be something that makes it work on heroics and/or single ups. And that's kinda pushing it because with that, someone could just solo Unrest.

And seriously, why complain about it not working on vvv's? You can pretty much one shot those with a 5 hit combo... if not, twoshot. Basically, you kill it before it knows what's going on, heh.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cornbread Muffin Guest

Abuh? I'm dumbfounded that anyone can find this ability overpowered.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

True, but I got the same message fighting a equal leveled Guardian in a Duel.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

Cornbread Muffin wrote:
    I meant to say NOT overpowered >_<
  15. ARCHIVED-Almeric_CoS Guest

Any testers learn anything about this yet? :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Brawler
    • Devastation Fist - Improved reuse speed from 5 to 3 minutes. Can now be used against all NPC opponents, but damage varies depending on the difficulty of the opponent. Self-stifle duration is now set to 10 seconds.
    Woot! looks like it will be more useful too bad my Brawler on test is too low to obtain it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Almeric_CoS Guest

I wonder if the damage will just scale with level forever, or if it'll get some other upgrade in the 50s?
  18. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

4.0% damage to epics.
    25% damage damage to up arrows.
    100% damage to no arrows and below.
  19. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

If it is going to be true on live, I can understand why we got doomed in tanking comparing to mitigation tanks.

It looks like we will be dpser rather than tank that's why we didn't get fix in tanking.

As long as we get enough dps boost to real dpsers, I am fine with the change.

EDIT: I am really confused. Is Devastation fist 1% or 4% on epic target? By the screen shot on the test server, both 1% and 4% shown on epic. It's contradiction.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

Couching@Crushbone wrote:
    You're right - I re-examined and it shows 1% at the bottom as well.

Whichever one it is, that is still a *load* of dps.