[DEV] Savage Allies vs. Shadow Agent

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Darchon6, Feb 3, 2017.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Eh something really strike BAD in my memory..
    Like year and half ago I do remember some summoner was complaining about how bad FC been broken and some warlock was asking not to look onto burst fight just cause FC is burst damage tool and in the long run (should longer duration fights exist) it balanced out.
    Now we standing here 1.5 years later, 1 x-pack later and guess what I do not see any warlocks around, heck not a single of them (thanks for killing alts btw Daybreak so no one playing them even as alts). Anyone wonder why? But guess what summoners still here they did trive and prosper over last year and half ... trick was don't get ahead to far of crowd and stay low on other hand warlocks are gone.
    Back in time it was not that hard to switch main (unlike nowadays with epic 2.0 contributing easy 30-40% damage to the parse easy and another 30% that comes from thither grind/ascending class spells leveling).
    I quite EQ1 way back in time because playing became a second job (to stay afloat with mainstream) - I see that bad notion coming down to EQ2 its nearly becoming second job with amount of grind it required now to stay afloat
  2. Vogie Active Member

So getting back to the Monk situation, one Monk has the Intervene ability the other does not. Before they used to be neck and neck on the meter maybe 30-50mill difference.

(04:57) Gorius the Gray: 5028910439 BL-Ethershadow Assassin-8,010,640,952
    BL (epic) | 823573821
    Monk (epic)| 489789231
    BL (no epic) | 440903347
    Swash | 412008917
    Conjy | 349922024
    Brig | 335519953
    Troub | 267188000
    Dirge | 264915910
    Wizard | 223352997
    Coercor | 221620133
    Wizard | 171935502
    Bruiser | 149190733
    Monk (no epic) | 142433100
    DoomDrake likes this.
  3. Whiomaju Member

That's an interesting and valid observation Vogie, but irrelevant to the topic of this thread. Please take it to the fighter forums and keep this thread clean.
  4. Dabb Active Member

Was there an Inq in group by chance, with Epic 2.0?
  5. Vogie Active Member

Sorry I thought this was a ***** fest about 2.0 epic abilities :(

But I think it's relevant the more I look at it. The BL on top of the parse has Savage Allies, he gets the best VC's, Jcap and whatever else can be thrown his way. The Monk gets a Dirge . . .

The people complaining here are saying Savage Allies are overpowered and Assassins pets aren't. Overlook everything else because Savage Allies are op??? This is showing you that while Savage Allies does add nicely to a BL parse the Monks Intervene is clearly the most OP to date.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  6. Vogie Active Member

No we currently have 4 epics, BL, Trouby, Dirge and Monk.
  7. Twisty Well-Known Member

unfortunately for your point, your parse doesn't show much, and that's me being politically correct. "listen, i know this savage ally thing is giggity-stupid broken, but look - someone else's epic ability is broken too. look over there, not over here" are the words i'm hearing coming out of your fingers

here, i'll throw you a bone, you're right - monk's epic needs to be fixed as well, preferably even in same patch as allies. this isn't news; it scales with mob's power, not player power and the scaling factor is way off.

and T4 mobs need to be tweaked, like they are in every expansion to date once ppl start taking pulls on them
  8. Vogie Active Member

Thanks, I never once said that BL pets were okay the way they were I just find it funny that because they are on top of the food chain everyone complains about them. Meanwhile one class almost quadrupled in output and can outparse most raid forces while feigned is an "okay" ability LOL.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

What give me "careful" optimism about not over fixing things - is damage of EA - it "suppose" to be fixed right? - 8B looks for me waaaaaaay off compare to other ascending abilities, I agree thou that we haven't seen yet level 8-9-10 abilities in action from other classes but still EA outperform rest of other classes ability by really good margin. I feel good then I see my Septic goes around 2B
  10. Healsu Active Member

Hey Doom
    First off EA was fixed but you are comparing apples to grapes here. First off I see you only have around 15k potency and not sure how much ferver you have but understand that people that are posting those parse are around 20k potency plus high ferver plus im guessing some great MIT debuffs. Maybe they had rising tide and ravaving procing at the same time as well I don't know and don't care.

A lot of people need to understand that just because one parse shows high dmg does not mean everyone else can obtain it or that it is broke.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Not quite,
    While I am still running with 14k (been doing side tracking some Epic 2.0 pre-req hence no tithe grind here plus waiting for VO to ding adept before I will pump a bit my sanguine line to adept/expet). All this beyond that point
    My point is different - even after fix EA hit at very least 3-5 time harder than ANY OTHER ascending skill and because of this fact I draw conclusion that there is a good chance savage allies won't be "over fixed" (like monk epic effect from 10% deflect to 1%).
    I also intentionally mentioned 8B crits on EA (which mean person either did not had mythical crit, or did not spiked past 30K Pot or did not spiked past 215 Fervor) - "before" nerf EA was hitting for top dogs consistently over 100B. But back to the point after all changes Septic did not start hitting harder :) but none the less with rising tide prebuff and all temps in with 14k base pot and 50 (150 on spike) fervor it hit for about 2B. Now should base pot grow by 30% and fervor on spike by another 30% total gain would be 1.3x1.3=1.69 (1.7 for argument sake) so it "technically would hit around 3.4B ... now you should see what I am talking about
  12. Healsu Active Member

Your right easy fix change ascension class
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I will at some point once I hit level 10 on thaumaturgist :D changing it now will simply send me back in terms of Epic 2.0 :)
  14. Arieva Well-Known Member

I think most would agree that Summoners and Beastlords were some of the better off dps classes going into the epic 2.0 experience. I also think its reasonable to say that those classes if they were being honest with themselves did not expect to get overwhelmingly OP epic abilities.

That said from a summoner standpoint I figure I've gained about 10-15% overall on encounters pre and post epic 2.0. That's considering apprentice level epic 2.0 abilities and possibly a few bugs yet to be worked out on the epic pet.

The BL swarm did 33-36% of the BL's parse on every turn and burn encounter I looked at from last nights raid. Think he said that ability is at adept right now (and he could confirm as I know he's in this thread hehe). While I know assassin's would like to see theirs brought up to that level I just really don't see it going that way at this point.
  15. Entropy Well-Known Member

Assassin dumbfire was brought up to BL last patch. At least the dummy testing I did with a guildie confirmed. Average 75B damage per cast at Ancient tier. Theirs is a slightly longer cooldown. Yes, this produces dis-proportionally large effects on short burn fights, just like any hard hitting longer recast ability will produce (remember Focused Casting back when it was still relevant?)

I'm confident that when everyone has their epics and has leveled the spells that the devs are going to continue to watch and adjust. They've been willing to do that historically, no reason to believe otherwise here. The only question is "adjust others up to BL/Assassin/Summoner", or adjust those down to other T1s? I'd rather go with the latter, if it produces better balance and less trivialized content.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  16. Arieva Well-Known Member

I'm willing to be patient and see what happens with these abilities but at this point they feel to me like Ethershadow Assassin mark 2. Did my first heroic instance with a BL sporting the epic swarm and I wont lie it was ridiculous. We're right back to names dying so fast that anyone without the ability cant get a hit in. My grandmaster epic planeswalker had nothing on this ability at adept level. As others have pointed out the shorter the fight the more skewed the ability becomes and I acknowledge that. But I respectfully remind not only the players but the devs that this game has been and continues to encourage all levels of gameplay, It isn't all about t3-t4 raids.

If t4 raids require this kind of firepower then so be it but I would like to know how the devs hope to reconcile this requirement without completely trivializing their heroic and even t1 raid content. Nothing is fun to kill when it dies so fast it doesn't allow any kind of rotation. They keep bumping into this and it keeps happening too soon in the content lifecycle (imho).

Right now epics are in the early days and in the next few weeks more and more will obtain them. t1 raid mobs will begin to die in less and less time and the ability of those classes without these kinds of epic abilities will continue to degrade. If left as is it may well become a "wake me when we get to the t2 or t3 encounters so I can actually push some buttons" scenario. And forget about heroics at that point, bring one dps and run it shorthanded to get any enjoyment from it (and less competition on shinies!)
    If we are going to continue to bump into this kind of situation in eq2 is it time to consider a tiered damage scenario where an ability will hit for less against a heroic versus a t1 raid mob and hit the t1 raid mob for less than the t2 or t3? Spike damage is all well and good till it completely leaves those without it out of the equation.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Please take no offence but looking on evaporating T1/T2 heroic content by someone who have his Epic 2.0 (or better say by group with Epic 2.0 AND Ascending) and complaining about how trivial it is - is about same like complaining that GU100 trivialized KP contested to the point that several classes become able to solo it very decently. Or better say - its like after you got T3 raid geared in ToT you are complaining how trivial now T1 heroic like stigians.
    Anyhow no one seems to be worry about Ossulary (sp) - ANYONE can pull 6-8 heroic mobs at once and single shot kill them .... for 9k tithe per mob why should be anyone worry now about T1/T2 heroic content? Doing AS as Kurnak been released in ToT heroic gear was moderately challenging but in KA is way past trivial - this is nature of the things
    Epic 2.0 in conjunction of fully trained Ascending been designed to fit T3 heroic (where 1.5B group DPS IS requirement for last mob) and T3/T4 raiding environment AND as per developers Epic 2.0 supposedly be BiS for this and next X-pack
  18. Arieva Well-Known Member

Thats old content thats been trivialized by new. We are at a point where there is no new content and this is what we're stuck with at the moment. These epic abilities will basically kill my desire to do any kind of current heroic content period which is not a good place to be 3 months into the xpac. Ascension skills that were one shotting heroic mobs were reduced significantly, then they turned around and put out epic abilities that can do it instead...

It goes back to the same thing I posted when Ethershadow Assassin was hitting for so much..any ability that hits that hard has to be damage over time (significant time not an 8 second swarm) or this happens. When summoner swarms were doing this, it was fun for the summoner but still very broken. It got fixed and now we seem to have a new situation that isn't related to summoners.
  19. Yards Well-Known Member

There is no ability that should ever be introduced, no matter how long it lasts, that doubles your outgoing damage. These temp pets just doubled classes dps and that is including the already way overpowered ascension abilities. I'm not sure if it is just bad coders or if it is intended but either way it is flat out dumb.
    Arieva and Kioske like this.
  20. kluxor Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong...but don't warlocks now get a stacking fervor buff for like 150ish fervor total? Wouldn't that effectively double your dps also?