[DEV] Savage Allies vs. Shadow Agent

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Darchon6, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Talduke Active Member

its much lower on a long fight though. I will get a parse posted from a long duration fight later tonight. but it was at 400m damage for both damage sets on a four and a half min fight. with total dps at 1.562bil

thats using it with fervor proc and pot stacks to over 32k
  2. Protips Member

Any single ability does that much dps is wierd. I feel assassin's pet is more in the line of an epic ability that does not break the game, 2 shot heroic name etcetc.

If what it is now doing is still intended, like Vynie said this game is done.

I have like 3 or 4 friend already quit the game after the dev made the BL so much better than other class, and 1 more said F this when the nerfed BL pet is still doing damage of 3 ascension spells combined and quit yesterday.

Sad days. I don't think dev care, they must be told by higher up that BL must be better than any other class because its a paid class period.

Vynie I think it's time for all of us just go ahead and quit the game, no more suprises coming. Good news is there are much more game that don't favor 1 class over the other 30.
  3. Darchon6 Member

Funny that you mention that -- I was just discussing w/ Hike that the assassin ability felt balanced for its cast and recast times. Now, if only the developers understood that much.
  4. Talduke Active Member

everyone is quick to call for nerfs but there are still a lot of classes that have not gotten their epic abilities to ancient or even raids with half not even wearing an epic yet. We need to see how these all balance out when we have the full picture. you guys are going to want t1s doing as much damage as possible when you try some t4s. unless you enjoy endurance fights that last 30mins. that being said i totally get why it sucks seeing one class way in front of the others but that should be a reason to push for a bump to your class not rip everyone else around you down. there are a few classes that if you took ascension abilities and tier, deity levels, epic ability tier and buff stacking/debuffs/raid composition out would be right there with me on the parse. there are a few however that need a boost to be caught up.

With regards to BL dumbfires, I would want to know how much dps is added from both your abilities not just comparing apples to oranges. Combined from my ancient warder and adept dumbfires on a long duration tier 3 mob i got 523mil extra damage on a 1.56B parse. My warder did 120m, dumbfires did 403mil. it should probably be noted that I am at around 210 fervor when i hit these abilities and likely around 28-32k potency. my opinion on them pre-raid would be they need a little more tweaking. but after pulling t4s, nope. bc long duration endurance fights are the suck.

I say once more people get their epics and abilities to ancient. and dbg fixes necro/conj pet we should look at some dummy parses for long duration to see what really needs to be adjusted rather than looking at one burst fight for a dps with epic vs dps without. side note assassin pet just needs to be able to do auto attack damage and it will probably be right with bl. if other assassin ability adds more than 120m to your parse that needs to be taken into account in the total as well.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  5. kluxor Well-Known Member

Agree completely. Vynie, you should mention in here your findings on how the Grandmaster/Ancient Shadow Ally is in no way an upgrade over the master tier. Assassin dumbfire really needs a serious looking at to bring us back in with other t1's.

Completely unrelated fix to assassins...adjust recast of assassinate, the 2:30 recast on it is awful without resets
  6. Veta Well-Known Member

1. If one class is far exceeding, why would they bring all other classes up to that one? It takes a lot more effort to bring more than one class up to par than it is to bring the one class down. Which do you think is more likely to happen?

2. I find it strange people keep bringing up fervor. Has this actually been tested with and without a fervor increase (easily testable using a fervor increasing charm)? The damage they are putting out is auto attack damage. Auto Attack is not modifiable by fervor nor is it by potency. Auto attack is modified by primary stat and it could be likely the beastlord epic buff giving the pets 33k+ primary is applying to swarms (easily testable, test one set with and without the buff on); however, I doubt that would spike up their auto attack damage super high, even if it did share. The only logical explanation would be the swarms have super high base auto attack still.
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. Pitta Active Member

You must not have played assassin pre-aom.
  8. Entropy Well-Known Member

I agree with your points save one: if one class is far ahead of others, they need to be brought down, not handled by a broad buff to everyone else. I strongly disagree with the mindset of "never nerf just buff buff buff".

But yes, as you mentioned, the following things should be considered:

1) Discussing class balance wont be feasible until everyone has their epics and has leveled their abilities.
    2) T4 raid mobs should be difficult but reasonably killable for a properly geared raid force.
  9. Protips Member

Talduke said:
    “everyone is quick to call for nerfs but there are still a lot of classes that have not gotten their epic abilities to ancient or even raids with half not even wearing an epic yet. We need to see how these all balance out when we have the full picture. you guys are going to want t1s doing as much damage as possible when you try some t4s. unless you enjoy endurance fights that last 30mins. that being said i totally get why it sucks seeing one class way in front of the others but that should be a reason to push for a bump to your class not rip everyone else around you down. there are a few classes that if you took ascension abilities and tier, deity levels, epic ability tier and buff stacking/debuffs/raid composition out would be right there with me on the parse. there are a few however that need a boost to be caught up.
    ===========================================(my reply is bugged so cant properly quote)

It doesnt take that to realize something there is wrong.
    dev, I kept losing friends in game due to quitting, plz do something
  10. Darchon6 Member

Regarding the difference between Shadow Trickery and Altered Beast, let's do the math:

96.1 static fervor (5 offense stance, 16 belt, 5 neck, 5 cloak rune, 25 fabled epic, 5 ancient scale helm, 0.5 guild buff, 30 heartbound, and 4 from 3-piece purple adornment set) + (8 / 30 * 100) = an average of 122.77 static fervor at all times (considering that ethereal ravaging procs instantly at 30 seconds every time) before the 15 fervor gained by ancient Shadow Trickery. That's also not including the possibility of group buffs which enhance fervor even further (e.g. mystic bolster. troubador group buff, and bard's Requiem). Increasing fervor from 122.77 to 137.77 is an increase of 12.2% fervor. Since it affects all damage output equally (to the best of my knowledge), it translates to a 12.2% increase of overall dps.

The percentage increase from the fervor gained by Shadow Trickery will continue to diminish as we gain access to more fervor. What's to say that the mythical version of our epics won't have 50 fervor? If we reach a point in which fervor is capped at all times with or without Shadow Trickery (wouldn't surprise me with the direction the game is heading with statistical inflation), then it means that we have an ability which contributes nothing to our performance in raids.

In order to compare ancient versions of Altered Beast and Shadow Trickery, I first have to know how much dps your warder inflicted before the enhancement.
  11. Entropy Well-Known Member

Dummy testing with static (i.e. I don't engage so my stats stay same) stats, CB capped, 24k pot, 68fervor:
    - Unenhanced Warder: 48M dps
    - Epic Boosted Warder (apprentice): 98M dps

The scaling of Altered Beast is also going to be pretty rough (bad) because of the logarithmic curve that governs MainStat; something like 12% improvement to base damage going from Apprentice to Ancient. The proc on it does scale appropriately though, so there's that. If it's giving the warder ~50M dps boost at Apprentice, from how the parse breaks out I'll estimate that's probably around 80-100M boost at Ancient.

If people are quitting over temporary class balance shifts, they didn't really want to be here anyway. The people who enjoy this game will ride out what they perceive to be issues, whether that's Ethershadow Assassin being broken as heck, summoner pets going crazy for a week or two last xpac, beastlords being solid DPS, or whatever.

People who care will move with the waves. I saw the writing on the wall for sorcerers and switched classes within the same general role. I have basically zero utility on raids, but do strong DPS; I'm comfortable with that arrangement.
  12. Protips Member

that is because you are the winner here.

its not only the dumbfire pet it's a whole series of unfairness.

please ride the wave alone as I am done with this. soon you will only play with less than 300population on one server
  13. Orthogonal New Member

If you can't beat em, join em.
  14. Protips Member

only one class is viable just make things less fun.

I know dev is doing hard work on balancing, but I guess if boss say something they just need to work around.

anyway happy gaming and congrat on all beastlords.

the very same game, the very similar effort, some get 5 times the return than others and you think that is ok, fine by me.

and I feel sorry for all other dps class.

And yea there is no need for waiting things to be balanced ever, this will not change, so to save money and effort and sad emotion, this is the time to go.
  15. Protips Member

and it is not a temp class balance issue, everyone here know it has been there for over a year, and will remain there for more than several year until the very same issue brought service termination due to lack of player.
  16. Entropy Well-Known Member

It was so much more fun in EQ1, where NO-TRADE wasn't really a thing, and you could throw out the cliche "So, can I have your stuff?" joke when someone threatened to quit. EQ2 killed the joy. A part of me longs for those days.
    DoomDrake and Snikkety like this.
  17. Talduke Active Member

This part of my statement is directed at the constant outcry for beastlords in general to be nerfed bc we are "OP" as mentioned if you take out extreme variables that are not related to the class we are not really that far ahead. As previously listed those would include ascension level and ability tier (pay to win), tithe grinding, gear, group buffs and buff stacking, current epic abilities and their tier, infused levels. Etc. with these and other variable I may have missed off the table it would probably come down to player skill in proc luck for parse spots between a few of the current t1 classes. As I said before there a few classes that really need adjustments made to be brought up to these levels. I did not mean that because bl were givien these wtf trololol level swarm pets that all of a sudden all t1s should be extreme buffed. I guess that is easily confused when I started talking about t4 raid bosses but that was more of a comment on their current standing for damage requirements.
    I later went on to mention bl dumbfires which I acknowledge need adjustment however, we do not yet have enough info on all the t1s new abilities at max tier to be able to say how much adjustment is needed to be back in line with the competition. As well as what epic abilities need to be actually fixed before assessing. It's quite possible the assassin pets are meant to be doing auto attack damage like the bl. And that the summoner pet when working will produce similar numbers. So again let's wait and see how the cards fall in the next few weeks as more of the masses get their weps and abilities before quitting the game or losing sleep.
  18. Vogie Active Member

I know there's issues with BL dumbfire pets and such but I can't believe no one is complaining about the Monk's Master's Interpose? Is it because they are under 1bill dps that no one thinks it needs to be fixed?
    Protips likes this.
  19. Protips Member

Maybe hitting 1bil with all they got is something finally happening to a dps tank. Hitting 1.5 bil dps with one key press is totally a skill. Vogie you are the first one straightly admit there is a problem with the dumbfire, you deserve a star. There is no argument that at the same stats BL already do more than other classes, hence there's no reason BL's dumbfire should do more than what other class's skill is doing. If everyone should have a skill to do that dps, no t1-t2 raid mob will live over 30 sec, the raid need no direction, coordination, instruction, and people think that is ok and we just need to wait till all class suffer their skill for another month just to (wait and see), which is 1/10 of xpac lifespan.

Well it's none of my business anymore, but I just want to give Vogie a star, because he is a good man.
  20. Vogie Active Member

No the Monk ability is clearly not working as intended, if they are the main tank they cannot get even close to those numbers. It happens when they put their ability on the Main tank it reflects 10% of the damage back at the mob and the Monk gets credit for the damage. Our's feign deaths the entire fight and usually out parses a good chunk of our raid force, it's definitely not working as intended.

As far as the BL pets are concerned I'm not sure I would be a good person to take info from. yes I usually out parse any of my raid members however my guild is not a top 20 WW guild. We don't blow things up in 20 seconds and I am probably the best geared of my entire Guild. If I didn't parse #1 there would be some issues one would think.

I would take other peoples' comments far more serious from competitive guilds rather then my 2 cents. I do see my dumbfire pets hitting for a bunch NOT 1.5bill dps worth but like many others have said lets get a good look at all the Epic abilities before we call nerf.