[DEV] Savage Allies vs. Shadow Agent

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Darchon6, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Jasmin New Member

What are you laughing at 20-25%, the difference between beastlords Ranger and more than 100% of the Mages even more
  2. Zelox Active Member

The differences in what percentages you guys think is out of balance is disturbing...
    I'm telling you it's really not that difficult to get good data
  3. Healsu Active Member

Again I said 20-25% to keep in line with summoners and I said I didn't know enough about preds but they need loving. Im sorry that rangers and assassins are broke and im sorry that locks and wiz are as well > This post was started to get the swarm pets in line with each other and then came a whole BL are OP. If you want to get your class to its proper tier then opening a proper discussion on what needs to be fixed is what you should be doing. I also understand that those threads have been started and looked at by DEVS. I can only try underdstand the frustration of players that are playing other T1 dps classes that have been left behind.

Zelox if you can tell this forum or make another forum on how to get proper data for the devs to balance classes then please do so I would be more then willing to give you my data. I like class balance I like the completion it brings when all T1 are jarring for the number 1 spot in raids. but with all the temps the tithe the extra ferver and casting rotation and when and not to cast big stuff etc etc its hard to get a proper base line. So all I can say is to keep myself inline with my raids top parser on raids I feel that a 20-25% reduction in my swarm pets is valid. As I have looked at the data and compared potency for potency ferver for ferver and im not just tossing out numbers for the ***** and giggles of it.
  4. Yards Well-Known Member

They should only be doing 20% to 25% of the damage they are doing.
  5. Jasmin New Member

(03:49) Amalgam of Chaos: 7422335693 Perchik-Ethershadow Assassin-5 992 296 952
    beastlords | 1839186442
    beastlords | 1308199956
    assassin | 894980328

Ranger | 495496753
    nekro | 447176453

the difference 80-110%
  6. Healsu Active Member

So let me try and understand this and im sorry if I have mistake your post, but you want BL to get nerfed to be inline with your Ranger and assassin? instead of your assassin and ranger get buffed better?
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

Yes bl's and assassin should both get nerfed to bring them down to what the rest of the dps do. Do you actually find it fun that you have one ability that doubles your dps. That takes no skill at all, you can basically hit your epic ability everytime it is up and not hit any other button and still outparse all other dps. It is flat out rediculous. The funny thing is that if/when the temp pets get brought down to what they should have been, people will cry saying they are useless now.
  8. Veta Well-Known Member

Considering potency and fervor doesn't affect auto attack, which is what the swarms are doing, makes me giggle. You're comparing irrelevant stats to defend your posts.
  9. Carni Active Member

As an assassin I've learned not to use my pet every time that it is up and ready. Yes, the dps is nice, but in a group situation I'm almost guaranteed to die while using, and even in raids it is problematic. The sustained dps is pretty sweet when it happens, but any fight that has adds, well, you can forget about that. Any add that spawns will immediately go for my pet, and that's the end of that burst for the next almost three minutes. I'm not sure how the beast lord pet functions, but it certainly seems more stable than the assassin version.
  10. Healsu Active Member

OK so right now on longer T2 and T3 raid fights im just beating my raids top parser ( summoner ) and you think you should nerf BL? sorry but that makes no sense at all. Again im sorry other T1 dps have yet to get brought up to the other T1 dps numbers. I also never said I found it fun that im beating everyone by a large number cause I want other T1 dps to be right beside me jarring for top spot. I also have no issue with swarm pets getting brought back down but I don't want the whole summoner swarm pet crap that happened last year where they where OP then nerfed then op etc etc.

Yards you have always been one of the pinnacles for sorcerers and have always been a supporter of your cause and im sorry that DBG have over looked them for so long but asking for a complete nerf of one class to be where sorcerers are is just wrong.
  11. Healsu Active Member

Actually Veta im comparing my over DPS with that of my raid mates and there potency, ferver and other stats VS my own not just swarms.
  12. Veta Well-Known Member

Bringing everyone up to 1 class is nonsense. It would be easier, and make a lot more sense, to bring the other classes down. The content is not balanced around these abilities doing high amounts of dps, like ethershadow assassin, in it's first form, and now the elementalist's swarm, it is game-changing.

How I propose fixing this. Drop the auto-attack damage significantly, up the ability damage slightly, and lower the reuse. This would stop it from being huge as far as burst and still keep it relevant on the sustain. If you want it to keep auto-attack damage, which I may remind you doesn't scale with potency and fervor, the ability will lose it's value over time.
    Zelox likes this.
  13. Healsu Active Member

14. Jasmin New Member

means your bislord bad Beast and without pets were stronger than others dd
  15. Arieva Well-Known Member

Healsu you have to remember other guilds are reporting 3:1 ratio on Beastlords beating next highest dps when the stars align and the tanks hold agro. 50% more dps when not. Pitta is in very established guilds with good players. While I don't always agree with him I trust his reporting on players that probably min max everything and know the class in and out.

Also if the longer fight you were referencing was from last nights raid, as we discussed its really not a good sample set to argue your point with on this thread. You know darn well aggro was all over the place. I'm guessing your swarms were dead more often than not especially with how add heavy the fight was. Give it some time and try to choose parses that are representative and I'm sure you'll see the same type of discrepancy in parses Pitta is reporting.

Have a look at the 2:40 minute fight that was one single mob with a joust mechanic. Your swarms did 54% of your parse and you topped me by 25% on a joust fight. The new epic components of my primary pet contributed 12% to my parse as a conjuror. That's the best fight we have to provide data for from last nights foray I think.

Edited to add the BL swarm is now expert level, The conjurors pet is grandmaster for any dev taking note of reported values
  16. Zelox Active Member

I'd have to do it myself and there is no chance of that happening so basically all I was saying is that it's pretty doable if youre a dev just impractical as a player... just give me an account with dev tools and I'll sort out all the problems easy peasy
  17. sycla Active Member

How it stands now

BL 100
    sin 35
    sum 25
    rang 20
    sorc 15
    try balancing this:eek:
  18. Entropy Well-Known Member

Beastlords never asked to be a bursty class. I would much rather have had my warder made super powerful (you know, like the class theme suggests) so I'm doing good sustained damage over time. Instead, we got a minor bump to the warder. And then we got a hard hitting swarm, which is skewing parses on short fights and causing angst and discontent. I'd much rather the situation be flipped - make my "epic boost" come from the warder instead and make the dumbfire do moderate DPS (or remove it entirely and give me some additional group utility like a decent damage proc buff).

Oh, and if it could go in this direction, please give me a mechanic to take the hate generation from my warder to myself so I can control if it's tanking or not. Thanks. :)
  19. Jasmin New Member

(00:32) Valigez, the Entomber: 23208284155 Perchik-Levinbolt-6 081 959 044
    BL | 6861311908
    Assa | 2524258720
    Rend | 1747320343
    Dir | 1305398690
    Nek | 1286664603
  20. Zelox Active Member

seems legit