Deleting my 9 year old warlock

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Cythemia, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foretold Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa. I even posted on that ETOX nerf thread that I didn't want our summoner DPS nerfed because we rely on their DPS in our raid. I've never been pro nerf of ANYTHING except hemotoxin. You, on the other hand, haven't STOPPED complaining about my parse for 6 months. Openly, and often. I actually hit 120 mil on a linked trash group in beta raid ONE TIME and you had to comment about that. You're sick of hearing warlocks whine about the FC nerf??? I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing YOU whine about warlock DPS. Thank god that will at least stop.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

A lot of this finger pointing and complaining could/is contributed to active and geared beta players outparsing fresh copy and paste players from live. None of it means anything until we can all look at the parse when everyone is equally geared and in a proper raid setup.

Gear is 90% of the parse after all....
    Kraeref likes this.
  3. Gigglezzz Member

I have never whined about warlock dps, I merely commented, "Whoa look at that parse. Freaking FC is borked". I have not slammed warlock dps, so please don't put words in my mouth. I have said the same thing about assassin poisons of "Holy **** look at that, poisons are just damn crazy". But you don't see our assassin getting on public forums dragging me into bullcrap. FC was broken plain and simple, if you cannot see that, I don't know what to tell you. Geez, get some thick skin and stop thinking everything is about you or the warlock class. IT IS NOT. The raid and the game is NOT set up around you or any other warlock. That is the problem with ONE class being the primo class for an expac, they think they should always be that primo class, receive all the buffs, receive the same group over and over again, it is not realistic. Anyone that knows me in game, knows I am nothing like you are ATTEMPTING to pin me as and when you come onto a public forum and try and character assassinate me, I find serious offense in that. If something in the game is Overpowered, its just overpowered. There is no rebutting that. I could really give two ***** about what you parse in raid. IT TRULY DOES NOT MATTER TO ME. BUT, when you come on public forums and keep dragging my name in your whining and then expect me not to comment, then I am sorry, you are seriously mistaken. I am done with this conversation, if you have anything else further to say, talk to me in vent or PM me, this is just plain stupid and it is obvious you are going to find something or another to whine or cry about.
  4. Gigglezzz Member

Amen, Zues, Amen! No one knows what all the gear will look like. It will have a great affect on parses. Its one of the main reasons I have been reserving my opinion on classes until after expac hits.
    ZUES and Kraeref like this.
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I'm playing Warlock solely because mana drains. Our other Warlock is main changing due to the guild asking he do so because of the class's loss in strength.

As gear approaches BIS, our temp buff gets weaker.
    That isn't true for any other T1 temp buffs like FFU/FB/Dance of Metal, etc.
    That isn't to say Warlock is the only class that needs issues, but it is more to say that our class is fairly bad if the one thing that kept us relevant doesn't work anymore.
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Which is why I made sure to have the sig quest mount, the achievement neck, and a prestige piece and relic piece along with some good heroic pieces, all fully item and plat infused to max, along with simultaneously using two deity temps (Judication and Trickster's Mockery) as well as using both temp adorns.

When I say a Warlock cannot compete with a T1 scout that has BC, I'm not making it up.
  7. Anunnaki Active Member

Like the conjy....umm...hmmm...lets see here....nope, no T1 temp buffs here, just the same ones that all mages get *on top* of their OP temps.

Oh noes, I hope my guild doesnt drop me for a Sin or BL!
  8. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Hey, I am in agreement that Summoners need a bit of love sir.
  9. Boldac Active Member

First, let me say, I've never played a warlock as a raid main. But, I do see what the issue is.

And I think it's bigger than just class X or class Y. When they first launched EQ2 there was a defined line between single target and AoE classes. A defined line between dps and utility classes. Those lines are gone. Obliterated. No Assassin (or wizard) should ever be able to out AoE dps an equally geared/played Warlock or Swash. But they can. No pet class should be able to out dps the non-pet dps classes. But they do. Why? If I had the answer, I would be running the game, not paying to play it.

We need to look at more than just fix ability x or y or nerf this or that. We, and not just the warlocks or summoners or tanks or whatevers, everyone, need to come together and show DBG that we want to help. Not to make class x overpowered, or to nerf class y. But to show that we understand it can't be fixed overnight and we value their effort to make the game better.

I, for one, would like to see the defined lines back. It's a give and take relationship though. Some classes have way too much survivability for the dps they can do. Make the warlocks, wizards, rangers and assassins the benchmark for dps. With swashies and brig's close behind. Summoners and Beasties next. With bards and 'chanters rounding out the dps. Tanks and healers could potentially dps in their respective offensive stances (while losing 90% of their tankiness/healing respectively).

Is it possible to bring "balance" to the game? Sure. While it take a while? Absolutely. Rome wasn't built in a day.

My advice to the OP, don't delete your Warlock just yet. Take a break, work on an alt, or just stockpile snowballs during frostfell.

(And yes, I might be just a little nuts)
    Deveryn likes this.
  10. Xuma Member

I completely agree with what you said Boldac..so I'm not going to add anything else - I think your post sums up my perspective.

That being said, I don't think the Devs have any intention of even attempting to re-balance things, and have other priorities and objectives. I lost any hope that they would work on this a couple of Expacs ago...
  11. Anunnaki Active Member

And why not?

lolwut.

The point of "balance" is that you bring utility or dps. These two should be inversely proportional. Rogues bring a good amount of utility and summoners bring....none? A pretty ridiculous notion that you think that T2 rogues should be ahead of T1 summoners.
  12. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Slow down now man!! Them necros can rez people!!! And heal too! They should have warden dps!
  13. Anunnaki Active Member

lol Necro's pretty much do have warden dps.
  14. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Balanced.

Next!
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

Warlocks have been the top of the parse for every top raiding guild for the last two expacs. So much so that guilds have started running two mages groups so that they can have two warlocks in their raid. If a T1 scout takes over this expac, is it really such a big deal that people need to be complaining and changing characters? So what if Warlocks are gonna be second on the parse instead of first all the time. Quit crying.
  16. Kioske Well-Known Member

You people saying that warlocks have sucked for multiple expacs are really drinking Mogrim's kool-aid. She's been the top of the parse by a wide margin, she just doesn't want them nerfing the class because she wants to stay the top of the parse lol. All of this "warlocks are going even further down the rabbit hole in terms of DPS" crap is quite a load. Everyone knows that warlocks have been tops of the parse since the beginning of ToV and they were the tops of the parse until the end of AoM. If another T1 takes over that spot, is it really that awful?

"Warlock DPS is so situational, depending on when adds come in etc etc. You don't know the best time to gain or use 180 inc"

Right, and Assassin or Brigand DPS isn't situational either. You know, when a mob stoneskins at 90% right after you hit your first FFU the first time you face a mob. Cause we should build your DPS based on the first time you've faced a mob. For you warlocks complaining about your DPS going into ToT, please refer to Assassin DPS in ToV. Thank you for your time.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Kisoke, if you read careful Morgrim parses they show a lot different picture that you trying paint. Warlocks coming now not second not every third or fourth on the parse they distant 5th-6th ... Enchanters who mimic BLs coming ahead of sorcs. Basically nowadays ladder looks like
    BL
    Sin
    Swash/RNG
    Illi/Coercer
    Warlock
    Conjure
    Wizard
    Necro

While no one would argue that warlock should come on top on every fight on even I dare to say on any single target fight on AoE fights warlock should be definitely on very top (which is no longer a case). Necro, Wizard also can use A LOT love (like 30%?). And having T2 mages easy toping parse all T1 mages it something to think about it? no?
  18. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Why should anyone class be on top of the parses 100% of the time no matter the player's skill, gear, or competency? The view from the top sounds so damn conceited.

Honestly, why don't you main a swash? We've been going down the shitter for real for upwards of half the expansions the game's had, and we're finally getting our problems addressed. Experience some time being truly at the bottom before getting your knickers in a kicker over the fact that Warlock got bumped down.

If Warlock is looking low on non-AoE fights, it seems pretty balanced -- in an AoE fight two classes should top the parse, since their sole duty is burning down packs. One of those is Warlock, the other you are placing as a possible third (but unlikely since Ranger has better sustain) in ST fights [Swashbuckler]. We are the two kings of AoE, so slightly lower parses make sense in a strictly single-target fight since we cannot use our abilities to their fullest with less than eight targets.

Every DPS, realistically unless they're purely a utility class, should be viably able to top the parse given the type of fight, whether it's a short fight or long fight, and given the discrepancy caused by player skill and competency [Gear should not be a factor once you can clear DPS checks, but it is becoming more and more of one].

A shame some Warlocks are so thin-skinned they'd let a little competition send themselves into purgatory. And yes, I said the same thing about Swashbucklers who gave up the class to go brig during the stigma development that started around TSO.
  19. Veta Well-Known Member

There are necros that parse well. Prime example, the russian necro. Our necro parsed near me back when we were similarly geared. I did well those few weeks I was necro while we busted out conj apps.
  20. Anunnaki Active Member

That post was a joke. Almost as big of a joke as this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.