Deleting my 9 year old warlock

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Cythemia, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koko Well-Known Member

Terrors of Thalumbra System Updates
    Next.
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

Split conversion between potency and crit bonus...

If you read FC this is what it does in beta:

Increases CB by 50% of base CB
    Increases POT by 25% of base CB

If it bases the increases off CB, which caps at 3K, it no longer scales. Its a 750 POT buff and nothing more.

It would be better if it increased the 25% of POT off of base POT, but it doesn't. Its CB.
  3. Yards Well-Known Member

So apparently you don't understand what fc has been changed to so I will explain it to you. Increases crit bonus by 50% of base CRIT BONUS and increases potency by 25% of base CRIT BONUS. So since the increase to potency is based off of CRIT BONUS that caps at 3k how does that scale. I would like to see some more of your fake math to explain this to me.
  4. Koko Well-Known Member

Thanks! Confirmed in game. I agree, it should likely be base potency. ='(
    You got me, I thought it was base potency. FB math omits AAs (which makes it better), but also omits Unda/procs/dots/dummypets (which make it a lot worse). All considering, I expect these to be optimistic values (real values will be lower). I could give full formulas if you'd like, but they aren't too difficult to derive.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

What's even better, if they DID base the 25% increase to POT off base POT instead of CB, it would be Spellbind, because that's what Spellbind is. 25% increase to POT off base POT.

Basically, they've nerfed our FC to the point that its worse than Spellbind. Which all mages can spec for.
  6. Koko Well-Known Member

True, but we'd have two! ;3

It is odd that the skill is drastically more powerful below cap than above it. A 'scaling' fix would be 25% final ability damage, with reduced reuse and remove the reset if the intent is to mirror FB. 35% base potency would be similar, however CB was selected instead. Odd.

[edit]I suspect they wanted to do the scaling fix, but players would have been more upset if FC was nerfed to effectively 1/3rd effectiveness (1.75*x vs. 1.25x) with reduced cooldown. It is all about the perception I suppose, to the casual player this change feels much less 'destructive'.
  7. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Koko - You may give my concerns a decent bit more validity when you consider that I was well exceeding what will now be a 3k crit bonus cap. It seems odd and obtuse that the potency portion of the ability "caps" at 750, but that is exactly what happens. Which means that FC is unfortunately significantly worse than you may have initially considered, which is why I'm so "doom and gloom" about the long term shape of Warlocks.
  8. Koko Well-Known Member

Mmhm, if it was 25~35% of base potency I'd insist "lets see what happens!" but it isn't. I'm now on your side, the FC rework needs slight tweaking.

I don't think this is a difficult change though. Lets calmly present the argument in the beta suggestion thread to rework the nerf to a slight degree. e.g. 37.5% CB->CB, 37.5% P->P. Nothing that undermines what the developers are doing, but enables a smoother transition between damage tiers at the end game.
  9. Germs Member

How are Assassins topping multi encounter fights? Doesn't seem balanced. Wizards and Assassins should be kings of single target encounters.
  10. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Assassins are already topping every single encounter in the game, by very wide margins. Granted, the two that I've seen do it are both on Russian servers, but no one else is even close to these guys. No one.
  11. ZUES Well-Known Member

I'm still seeing locks in the top 2-3 on beta. This number flipped once everyone start equipping the raidwide proc jewelry. But ya Assassins seem to be number 1 on just about every single target and aoe fight now. In some cases they double my parse on aoe fights (I'm a swashy).

We did the x2 last week and I got excited when the zerker pulled a ton of mobs. Woot I'm finally gonna catch the assassin! Nope. He was 111 mil and I was 60 mil.
  12. Isult New Member

Really, the solution is quite simple. FC/CB/CB cap is only an issue because everyone is hitting critically. Raise the critical resistance of the mobs so we aren't able to hit critically 100% of the time. Do away with the critical tiers (no more legendary, fabled, critical hits-I suspect the lag we've been getting is from the massive amount of processing required to determine at what tier a spell or CA is going to hit). Have FC change all damage to nox and make everything cast during FC irresistable. Take out the uninterruptable aspect of FC and take out the 100% increase to crit chance (that puts us on an even footing with classes that can't raise their crit chance through an ability). CB cap will be a non issue since everyone will have to try to raise their crit chance...everyone! To my fellow warlocks: Stop whining, we've been in much worse situations than this!
    ~Isult~
  13. ZUES Well-Known Member

I respectfully agree with this statement. You locks are in much better shape than you realize. A lot of the new raid proc stuff favors mages substantially. So by default you're pushing scouts down the parse. Then there's the new bard and swashy changes (it effects you even though you're not elemental casters). VC's for the mage group just doubled? while the scout VC's increased by MAYBE 25%, if that. There's a lot more going on than some of you are choosing to see. The surface changes mean nothing. Just hang in there. ACT is about to tell you a different story than what people are claiming in this thread.
  14. SacDaddy420 Active Member

sounds like maybe its time to dust off my wizard. Ive never really dug the Fallout francise anyway.

well played, SOE er , Daybreak.
    Jaden likes this.
  15. Gigglezzz Member

Why do you keep dragging me into this? Geez, enough already. Warlocks are fine, you did fine in raid. As Yards said, they are not torn to all hell and a basket currently. Maybe later, who knows, but right now they are not as broken as you are making them out to be. Good luck in main changing to necro and THINKING you will beat me on parse.

No one will be starting off the xpac in 100% infused gear. Really, probably no one will be using the plat aspect of the infusion system, but that is another topic all together. Everyone will be starting off with the same gear and stats pretty much they have on live now. As has been stated, FC in its current state is better than it is on live right now with current live gear. As warlocks gear up, yeah, I agree that warlocks may drop on the parse some, but not by the astronomical effects that some warlocks are making it out to be. In our raid testing, you were still in the top 4 on the parse. In my opinion, that is not OMFG the class is obsolete.

Um, point and nuke? All classes that are doing new content are in the same boat, summoners are FAR from point and shoot. ALOT has changed on how to play a summoner correctly. There is a crapload of things that are situational for our class, as well as other classes, just like there is for warlocks. Warlocks are not unique in that aspect. And again, you were primarily 3rd or 4th on the parse depending on the fight. Sometimes, you were even 1st or 2nd on most if not all aoe parses just under the beastlord. Only fights you were down on were single target fights.

So I will state this again, Warlocks will be fine, they may not always be on top of all parses, like it has been for an entire expac like AoM but they will still be at least be at the top. Welcome to how other classes have been. I am not always on top of the parse as a necro, I sit around 3rd or 4th on parse depending on our setup, grouping, buffs, vcs, single target vs aoe etc. And this has been for an entire expansion. You did not see me or other summoners sit and cry OMFG, I am not the number #1 dps class, my class is freaking useless, just let it die already, let me delete all my summoners. No we just rolled with the punches and made the best of it and pushed our classes to the max that it could put out, hoping and praying that one day they will really fix our classes. Necros have been in a sad state for awhile, so much so that Necros and Inquisitors are probably some of the most broken classes in the game right now (lifeburn scalability, ETox HUGE nerf, resuse on undead horde, totally broken utility with no use for hearts/healer pets, AA tree completely borked, etc, etc, ect). All the complaining about the FC nerf does not really does not put anyone in any place to have any compassion for warlocks right now when you guys are stil way up there on the parse. Maybe later, it might show that you are broken, as stated numerous times by numerous people, WHO KNOWS how this is going to play out when other gear starts dropping from raid/heroic content. WHO KNOWS, there may be gear to offset the CB cap or WHO KNOWS, class specific gear for warlocks that converts the FC increase to base potency. Again, who knows.

I will continue to play my necro even in its borked up state, WHY? Because I have always loved the class and enjoy the challenges of working with a broken class and still attempt to compete with other t1 classes. There are other classes that are far more broken than warlocks FC. As stated, switch to a summoner class and see how that works out for you, then you will truly see how it is to play with a broken class.
  16. Foretold Well-Known Member

I'm just not into this game right now. I really, really don't want to log in tomorrow and play. It's like that relationship where you know you need to move on, but you've been together so long you just can't bring yourself to leave.
  17. Gigglezzz Member

So Mogrim, you planning on playing another class or betraying? Since this is your advice to ALL warlocks?

P.S. Man, I have seen some Chicken Little posts about class nerfs before, but not as many as I have seen concerning the FC changes. The sky is falling, The sky is falling.
  18. Gigglezzz Member

Bunch of the usual crap?

You dragged me into this, not the other way around. Get over it. Please stop dragging my name in this stuff whining about your class and I wont comment. You cannot expect to comment about me constantly in public forums and then I am not supposed to comment back? Is that how its supposed work? If that is the thought process, its not gonna happen.

Again, I stick by all I am saying and have said. Parses do not lie. ;) Geez, I wish I could get 750 additional potency in addition to Spellbind or hell 2k - 3k CB. With all the beta gear and 100% infused, I was nowhere close to 2k CB, not alone 3k. So again, the sky is not falling.
  19. Foretold Well-Known Member

It's the same bunch of crap because no matter how many times I try to explain the problem to you, you don't get it. When we hit the CB cap, FC becomes a 10 second 750 pot boost with a two minute cooldown. Worse than Spellbind. Worse than the coercer class cloak. So bad you probably wouldn't put 10 AA points into it if it were an option.

But hey, I parsed top 4 in beta raids, where we had... what... 4 dpsers. I parsed behind the beastlord, you, and went 50/50 with the conji for the 4th spot. And that's as GOOD as its gonna get. It only goes downhill from there.

I could keep going on, but you steadfastly REFUSE to comprehend. I think its on purpose, because you're a smart guy...
  20. Gigglezzz Member

We were missing 1 of our dps classes (assassin). Just 1, and our conjy was NOWHERE near you. I am looking at the parses from all our raids right now. Please stop fabricating stuff. You were 1st on parse for over 50% of the stuff we did with as you have said yourself that all your gear was infused, so the only other gear you could get for upgrades at that point is stuff from heroic/raid content and you were still 1st on the parse on 50% OF ALL THE CONTENT. In my opinion that again is not, OMFG my class is useless now. It just means you will not be #1 on parse for 100% OF ALL THE CONTENT. I do not refuse to comprehend, you are just refusing to understand that other classes are in WAY OFF WORSE SHAPE than the precious warlock class. You guys had your time to shine in the spotlight, sometimes tripling some parses of people equally geared and skilled and you want to keep it that way or try to finagle a way to make it so that you stay that way. Geez in some cases, less geared and less skilled warlocks were hitting parses higher than people more skilled and more geared than them simply because of the broken mechanic that FC turned out to be. Now, since CB is capped, now you want to make potency pretty much do the same thing that FC did with CB. Its crazy. Just play the class and make the best of it, just like all other classes have had to do for the longest time.

Please explain to me what other class is getting 3k CB PLUS an additional 1500 potency (750 from FC and approx. 750 from spellbind)? If I was able to get those type of stats, do you realize how much difference that would make in my class and my dps? Yet, there is still whining for MORE?

I will keep saying this over and over and over again, Warlocks were some of the main people on the summoner forums that directly contributed to the ETOX nerf of summoners, but now since you guys had a nerf, you want to cry a river. And to top it off, are all over the lets nerf Beastlords and Assassins and all other classes that might compete with your precious #1 dps spot to ensure that you are always #1 on the parse. Give it a rest. And welcome to the club of nerfs that a lot of warlocks have contributed to for other classes.

As I keep saying, I haven't said anything about the warlocks in weeks. And even then, I said "no one knows what the future holds for the class". Nothing negative!! Other than the FC changes were needed. Then all of a sudden I am dragged into the whining about your class and all the defensive posturing about the class and that I do not understand or I refuse to comprehend things about the class. It truly makes no sense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.