Deathtouching non fighters

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fairin, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Fenin Member

Hasn't been a dev response to this for a long time and it's 15 pages of complaints about the mechanic now.

Some kind of response or acknowledgment that you guys are paying attention would be appreciated, thanks.
  2. Dannni Active Member

You should be grateful there has been a dev response at all. Complain all you want, dont think the devs are going to kill off fighters relevance in heroics entirely. Theyve given you torden and innovation, be happy :)
    Scalo likes this.
  3. Fenin Member

They changed how the innovation and torden deathtouches work just to be sarcastic and mean about it. Ppl complained it was "scripted death", so it was changed to an unmitagatable 5x 150+ million dmg hit instead. Still a death touch unless you have 5 death saves stacked on you every 30 seconds. I'm not sure how you think that was "given to us"

It might depend on server and your play time, but at non peak play hours on most servers you have almost 0 chance of doing any heroics if you don't have a preset group. Even at peak you'll have to spam for 1-2 hours on average for one There simply aren't enough fighters in game.

I realize the real purpose is to try and make people spend money on spells and kronos to gear up main changes and alt fighters, but if it's disabling nearly all heroic content for such a large portion of the playerbase is it really worth it? Sub loss must not outweigh the new spending yet, but over time it'll end up being a loss probably.
  4. Fistpower Well-Known Member

If only there were some way they could make it more attractive for people to DPS on fighters so more guilds would bring more fighters into raids... Which in return means more people would run fighters for heroics.

But who am I kidding thats way too complicated.
    Meneltel likes this.
  5. Fenin Member

Balancing is the focus of this expansion, that's why these bandaids were put in right?
  6. Scalo Active Member

sounds perfectly fair. as a tank, i can survive this. but my parse doesnt even come close to that of a summoner, BL or ranger, which makes me so sad.
    so just give me all the DPS, wards, power feed of a BL and the convenience of having a pet. Then I can maybe understand why you would wish to tank like a tank.
    Meneltel likes this.
  7. Fenin Member

The point isn't non fighters wanting to tank, it's having to because they're simply aren't enough fighters. It's either tank or just do solos. Noone would ever turn down a real fighter for a dps tank, just like they don't pass on healers for a BL, or all utility for more dps.

If you really wanted to do away with classes using this same mechanic, BL's can solo heal every heroic, we should put in a healer req script too. There's 0 point to ever bringing a utility class or rogue if you just want names to die faster, we should have required scripts for all of them so they get to come as well.
  8. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I am seeing the 2nd account thing or just automated stuff.As a dps class it sucks struggling to get the weeklies done esp when you can’t gain in stats ie divine potency from running weeklies or a chance with the currency lottery merchant as you don’t have currency to burn . I used to just run my own zones now its sit around do some solo stuff, for me I’ve bout had it .
  9. Relanah Active Member

Technically, there's always the possibility that their response would be:

"We actually don't care to make Fighters interesting or useful ever. So that's why we put in DT and quasi-DT and that's how it's gonna stay"

Which would not be well received and thus, it makes sense to hold back on saying that...

To be fair, it is fairly complicated.

Since, you gotta do it in a way where's there's parity so people don't complain.

I.e. If you let Fighters fulfil DPS and Tank Roles, you gotta let the other 3 archetypes dual role too. Which for the most part is simple enough. But then you come to Sorcerers, Enchanters and Bards, which do present a conundrum (That being: Sorcs don't really inherently have any real direction towards a second role. They don't have a Def Stance, they don't have heals, they don't have major support skills to the level of actual supports... So you'd have to think of what to do with them. Then the 2 supps have the issue of doing their currently highly valued role passively. So you'd have to figure out a way to stop them from being buff bots to allow them to perform another role, without rendering 99% of the class obsolete...)

It's a fair bit of work for the 1 guy on the team doing the balancing. I mean, you also have to wait for a major holiday to dump it onto live servers without testing so when everything breaks, no-one's around to fix it for a month... Kappa.

These bandaids and Balancing are two completely different things. These bandaids do literally nothing for balance, all it does is make the 5 people who still main Fighters feel special.

Balancing would be trying to solve literally any of the multitudes of issues that caused the need for a bandaid such as this.

Now, that's not to say that a temporary band aid such as this couldn't be used while they work on balance, but they've not given any indication that they're doing that (Since, it would have made a ton of sense to at least put in a single change to affect a single issue in alongside the bandaid so you can at least be working on tweaks to change things (I.e. Learning from Blizzard's stupid "Lets change a million things! Oh shi-- Everything is broke... Change a million more things!!!!" style of balance...)

Like, if you wanted to look at DPS differences as an initial balance pass. You could have done something like make mobs in HC's put a cap on the DPS that is dealt. With that cap being about what Fighters do (Before overbuffed RiggedFire). Heck, you could even have put in an Agnostic style DPS boost to a minimum value to even help out those Fighters that do not so good damage too!

But no, they just slapped in the bandaid, with no real indication of any intentions to do more...

I hope that they're gonna do some balancing. I really do.

But as of yet, there's not been much indication of anything of the sort :(
  10. Scalo Active Member

sorry, that is exactly what is happening.

BLs I know openly say they wouldnt waste a spot for a tank. they feel better tanks. they cant rez or cure curses, so healer is still needed... not all the time though.

some even say straight this xpac isnt interesting because in KA they could have soloed or boxed every heroic, or even raid bosses. now its way harder.

it might be fun for them, but mostly because other classes cant perform so good. what joy is there in soloing solo zones if everyone can?

thats the kind of gameplay that kills groups and makes others want to solo/duo eveything as well.
    Earar likes this.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

right now all u need is a DPS fighter (monk or SK are best).. dps, mana and heal.

a BL can do 3 of them by himself,

so if a monk/sk knows a good BL, you don't need anything else :)

and BL only bring the tanks along coz needed .. otherwise they are dead weight :p

so much for balance
    Scalo likes this.
  12. Fenin Member

That might be the case in your small group of players, but definitely not as a whole. The only tanks who get passed up in general are the
    really bad players who can't reliably tank or hold aggro.

I'd still like to see requirement scripts for healers and utility though if this is going to continue. It's exactly the same thing, they aren't needed at all in heroics. I don't think daybreak could get away with that much blatant money grabbing though, maybe next xpack.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

heals are needed, not healers

mana regen is needed .. not supports :)

BL heal and mana regen
    wardens mana regen better than chanters
    defilers can fill the spot too
    mystics also

sadly warlocks can't anymore.

the fun part is in tower breach, if u have 2 tanks none get the curse, so u can duo with 2 tanks, as if u get another class, he gets the curse (if not healed he dies)

and right now with the material hunt, most people only need to farm T1s .; they are the fastest (ecxcept gears and winds of change) and NONE requires healer. only tank, dps, mana.

that's where u see how the class balance is crap right now. some do it all .. some don't shine anymore ... and only tanks are required :D ... lucky ones ;)
  14. m0zone New Member

seeing how death touch has been around sense everquest 1 1999 and it use to effect anyone in the raid who gained agro ..i dont think this is gonna change ..i have been DT by godish mobs 30 levels below me before
  15. Fenin Member

For raiding yes, and it should be there. Not for easy casual heroics
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Just me and it shows to me how far the game has sunk when we are putting the words "casual" and "heroics" together...
    Dude likes this.
  17. semisus Does not play this game

But in eq1 , the DT was normally just totally random and from raid mobs only , it didnt just say "no fighter around" lets death touch all of you.
  18. Arieva Well-Known Member

You guys better be careful..you are gonna get BLs nerfed with this thread.
  19. Onci New Member

A tank that has cures and a healer merc can solo most heroics now. Sad to see happening in guild with people wanting to group and a tank soloing it without guildies.
  20. Dannni Active Member

Not true. T1 can be duo’d, solo’d is extremely difficult. All T2 you’re going to need a bare minimum of 3