Deathtouching non fighters

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fairin, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Kabbe Member

Correction of statement soloed it once. Not a single curse in 4 mins. (My guess is that it can't land on tanks)
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

i tried on healer, I can cure the curse (of course), but then he hits me for 200 million.
  3. Fairin Active Member

this is a problem why? i have a krono addiction. and refuse to give db money.

burn it with fire, along with the self cure curse i also use my self res to stand back up if i didnt beat the timer - i bring the merc out for that one and the last one.

they basically are advanced solos. since theres no other solo content in the expac (fount buff makes it dumb af)

KA was the same way - was soloing them all before the end of decmeber (ones without horribad scripts - kly - oozes)

experts needed to be out now and dare i say it. copy wow and make a expertplus difficulty with even better loot for the hardcore. (wow calls their dungeons - normal / heroic / mythic / mythic+) all we get are lolcarebearsolo/advsolo and heroic and a challenge zone no one bothers with.

burn the named with yer ascended grandmaster abilities. There you match the other dps classes because thats what we're all doing untill they nerf it =) if theres 2 players deuoing it, just combo with each other and the bosses die in 30s.

heroic zones were always solo'd in every expac its like a challenge to see how strong your character is.. now its. oh you didnt bring a fighter. you die! (basically) this expac it a slap in the face for all solo / deuo players.

it is quite possible they read and fixed it so non fighters dont have a chance again. its like they're telling us to move on...
    Dude likes this.
  4. Dannni Active Member

I love how these threads turn more into dieck swagger with peoples subtle brags about how great they are because they can solo or duo easy zones. Daybreak has succeeded with the illusion of making everyone think they are amazing at the game lol
    Dude likes this.
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's not what they were ever designed to be as.

I would be hard pressed to believe people were soloing Nizara heroic 1.0 while the expansion was live.

Mechanics are just there to make the game tick over to the next expansion and reel in players and keep them busy with trivial content and give them the false sense of achievement by dishing out power items for little to no effort.

This game did a lot of things right at one point, now it does not.

It is all about the next premium edition pre-order beta and any and every way they can milk the customer through microtransactions.

In case it was missed, i will say it again. This fighter only nonsense was added to not have a situation where people were running group zones without a tank like in KA and to keep dps in check so tank can sustain aggro in fights.

Pretty weak stuff.
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

It's lolworthy how we've gone from "no one would ever turn down a real tank" to "I want to solo zones to SLR and buy krono!".

It only took 17/18 pages to get the truth out of them.
  7. Fenin Member

That's the truth of 1 person, not everyone. The biggest problem remains anyone who plays at non peak hours or on low population servers are still missing out on almost all heroic content. I don't care if the few raid geared elite ppl get to solo them, that's not the norm.

And fighters can do most the t1's solo without raid gear anyway, which is hurting the normal non fighter pug people even more because many of them do that or just duo with a healer to farm the mats.

Please remove this function, it's killing the game for non raiders / non fighters who just want to do heroics.
    Fairin likes this.
  8. semisus Does not play this game

The truth is for me is that they locked celestial teachings behind a tradeskill achivement that requires 48 drops pr grp member in total to get , so we have to run zones 100s of times to try and get em , there are not that many fighter playing so sometimes some of us do not have anything to do and would like to run zones to try and get these but we are prevented from doing so , not by the nameds or the zone itself but with a mechanic that ignores our gear/etc and just simply targets you and says "your not a fighter try to withstand this" and one shots us
    Never before in this game have there ever been a mechanic like this and while before we could do easier zones either alone/duo etc when our gear progressed long enugh that these easier zones came to a point that allowed us to
    Now a fighter can do the same and where doing this in previus expansions as well but now fighters are the the only ones that can do this.
    Now i understand that fighters wants to feel needed and wanted but surely daybreak can find other ways to make this happen than introducing scripts like these
    Fairin and Fenin like this.
  9. Fairin Active Member

i came back at the very end of ToT about a month before expac after a 4 year break - i admit to attempting the solo of the zone, with a little CC and knowledge of the zone i did clear all the way to the final boss. had to call in some friends for her tho - my mate joined me after the 2nd boss of the zone so it wasnt a complete solo/molo huntin that 800 pot item ftw. im sure people that had the gear could do it much easier if they could CC and deal with incomming damage as well as a troubatank.

(it was mez the named deal with the adds asap, keep named mezed till all defensive cd's were back up burn her down as far as possible mez again - they actually nerfed this method silently making **** immune to mezes after the first)

you can't do that - its against my religion!
    you can't solo that i don't think you should be able too! - or maybe "i cant solo that so neither should you!"

reasons i want to do my "solo" zones : SLR to pay for my gametime, get my own crafted materials. run my groups when "I" want not when soandso fighter wants too, not have to bother someone to box their fighter(which is against the eula) to get it done. not have to spend $$$ to make my own fighter to get it done. and most deffinately...

not have to sit in LFG chat LF fighter for hours during the non peak hours i tend to play - i got better things to do.

also rolling against 5 other people for crafting mats blows,

however if i were a fighter i wouldn't even be here raising my torch and pitchfork while i watch other people just up and quit silently without complaining they got tired of being lfg for hours. i'd just be doin my own thing solo/deuoing heroics with my mate havin fun with the game. instead i get to come here and reply to comments like yours.

and if i were a fighter i'd truely support this removal as well alot of my hardcore raider friends actually enjoyed the challenge / looting / slr / gearing of alts through their own effort of doing the dungeons with less than an ideal group of 6 1 to 3 ect, now those groups must contain a fighter.. and them guild fighters are severely overworked now.
  10. Dannni Active Member

A lot your posts turn into you gloating about how great you are, none of its very impressive though. Come back when you’re solo or duo gears in the machine or winds of change with your mrs.
  11. Rougez Active Member

Nobody was soloing Nizara back when it came out with Fallen Dynasty, get real. I also get a good chuckle at how the thread started out as we want fighters but none are around to screw rolling against somebody else. All while trying to brag like this game requires a great degree of skill, the fact that most named die in less than 30 seconds, really? Good job /sarcasm off
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

What I just heard you say: I want the devs to change something in the game so that I can continue to play the game without really paying into it and I don't have any friends in the game because all I do is solo.
    Castegyre and Mizgamer62 like this.
  13. Dannni Active Member

Indeed its a tough sell to the devs to get them to change something just so you can SLR items and not pay your sub. Get a fighter, share the wealth a little, its 1 extra person you need to share with. A little less greed goes a long way
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Dinglebert Jones Member

Daybreak wants him to SLR to pay for kronos. People like him are the driving force behind krono sales.
    Castegyre, Fairin and Mizgamer62 like this.
  15. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I always find it odd when people seem to think that kronos mean others are playing for free. Someone is paying for those kronos. CN doesn't give a crap who is giving them that money so long as they're getting that money.
    Earar, Dinglebert Jones and Snikkety like this.
  16. Fairin Active Member

they're doin a great job of making me play something else however. 5stars

was talking about the one with the 800 pot wrist that came out at the end of ToT, i understand seeing what you want to see while trying to read, a skill most mmo players do not have.
    there is a skill gap in the classes im sure you probably ran with a bard doing less dps than a healer right? (gear equivalent of course)

please educate yourself there's no need to be one of the many instruments in the shed full of tools.

the difference is i'm not trying to impress you or anyone for that matter. also why those zones in particular do you think they are hard?

i want gninja to un!#$! his mistake so i can keep playing the game like i have been, is that clearer?

I dont want them to change the game for me i want them to change it BACK for Everyone.

and so i'll feel the need to continue playing it

17. Dannni Active Member

Its like you think you are a self appointed representative of the entire playerpool. If you dont like the game anymore, suggestion, stop playing.
  18. Dinglebert Jones Member

I've heard people say things like, "I'm not giving Daybreak a dime, they're not getting any money from me!" Welp, you may not be giving them money directly, but you're still helping to feed the beast.
  19. Rougez Active Member

Oh the irony, you quoted somebody talking about Nizara, which came out way before ToT. So I guess your statement is right, you lack reading comprehension.
    Dude likes this.
  20. Fairin Active Member

obviously i don't represent everyone, those people speak for themselves. however the silent majority will just take your second piece of advice.

what do you think would happen if they made player pets deal 0 dps without increasing player dps? people !@#$ing on the forums and you know there will be people like you going.. ohhh you're not top dawg now that your auto attack dps is gone.

why if you dont like the game anymore just quit! - this is wonderful idea.

no imma stand here with my torch and pitchfork and wave it around occasionally.