Daybreak, you need to fix pet classes

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kaptyn Fantastic, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Kaptyn Fantastic New Member

Necro, Conjy, Illy. all super broken and over powered. It makes your game suck, and I came back for my love of eq. I cant get behind a game where toons almost 10 lvls lower than me can lock down and destroy my char ive taken days upon days to harvest craft and gear. its super Fin lame, figure it out.
  2. trixster Active Member

I gotta say i'm kind of mad my guild let me roll a coercer if Ill pet is on par with necro pets.
    Rozyn likes this.
  3. Anunnaki Active Member

We really need to separate TLE threads from current content threads.
  4. Charlice Well-Known Member

You know what, at some stage players are going to have to start looking at themselves rather than ask for nerfs. Is it possible that the 'omg scary pet class' that killed you was a much better player than you?

Learn to play. Seriously, just do it. Do you even know what class it was that killed you? ...
    Moonpanther, Mizgamer62, Kazz and 2 others like this.
  5. Hammdaddy Active Member

If you play on pvp server and you don't think pet classes are stupid broken then you are either
    A: stupid
    B: play one of the pet classes and can't face reality
    C: see A
    It has nothing to do with being good. If i'm an assassin im pretty sure i can jugular slice you and assasinate you and kill you in two seconds? Does that mean im a god at eq2? No. It means i can press two buttons. Pet classes can just do it in one with send in pet. (with no cooldown basically)
  6. Malachy Well-Known Member

Scouts are OP, wardens are OP and pets are OP. So? Get used to some classes being significantly better than others for a short period of time, it is a timeless tradition here. If you're mad, put said classes in your group or roll one. As soon as DoF comes along, you'll see a slightly different story. By the time you get to EoF, it'll be a drastically different story.

Stop wasting everyone's time with this garbage.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

You forgot brawlers, they're OP as well. DEVASTATION FIST RUINED MY LIFE.
  8. Dixa Active Member

any class you lose to is OP. this is the mantra when pvp exists in a game that was not designed from the ground up to have pvp.

roll a ranger and own that pet class.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

it's common knowledge that pet classes are overpowered at the moment, anyone that thinks other wise is clueless to the matter.

also not your quote but just to say, illy pet is not on par with necro pet :p
  10. Dixa Active Member

this is a pvp complaint thread started by someone who don't play a mage. necro/conjuror pretty op on tle right now. rangers - if they give a ratonga's butt and actually try - can keep up with both classes thanks to their insane auto attack damage, 35% self haste in their offensive stance combined with any extra haste on gear. dude just needs to roll a ranger, stay stealth and learn to pick his targets.

pvp balance in game not built from the ground up to have pvp is a pipe dream anyway.
    Dread1313 likes this.
  11. Ponderous Member

Clearly, the noobs and trolls responding to this post cannot comprehend the effort the OP has made, and the injustice being done to him. He took days to harvest, craft and gear. DAYS. Some of the trolls responding are level 1 UNSKILLED! (meaning they do not have DAYS of harvesting and crafting invested.) Respect his authoriteh!
    Lunshea and Tennas like this.
  12. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Not only was the game not originally designed for PVP.. but the game STILL isn't designed for 1v1 ganks.

It's not so much that some classes are OP.. it's that MOST classes are OP. Some just don't perform solo.

Might I recommend making some friends?
    Mizgamer62 and Dread1313 like this.
  13. Rubick Well-Known Member

Also, just from a DPS perspective, pets are absurd. I have been playing a wizard since original launch and know the ins and outs of the class, but at level 47 I was super upset with their state compared to summoners. Then at level 48 I got protoflame and my DPS skyrocketed. It's going to do more dps than if I had a mastered Ice Comet. Pets are out of control right now.
  14. Kazz Member

Kaptyn Fantastic: roll a pet class and I guarantee you will lose to the same summoners you are losing to now. Just try it because nothing else will convince you that player skill (not class) is what's killing you. I know furies that I can kill fairly easily and I know furies that can kill me. I know SKs I can kill and SKs I can never kill (damn you Cuoco!) I complained the same way you are now many years ago when I started pvping. A friend offered me the priceless advice to make a toon of a class that I hated because I thought they were overpowered and I did and I got my toon decently equipped and I kept losing to the same equal lvl and equipped player. Player skill does matter. Everyone who is fairly new to pvp will always feel that some (or many) classes are overpowered. Some classes have advantages over others - and that is a good thing - but the advantages are always situational. Learn the weaknesses of your opponents and learn how to fight each class. If you simply use the same strategy and casting order in all of your fights then you will lose to most classes except the ones that your button mashing order happens to work on by coincidence.

Food for thought: pets are not epic, if they are your main source of pain kill them!
    Dread1313 and Kalderon like this.
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

running around solo, my expert level pet does a little less than my dps. it's about 55% me, 45% pet.
    in group zones it turns about 60%-70% me, 30-40% pet.
    I would say the problem is more summoners and not illies.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On conjies and necros, it currently matters whether you are using your scout pet or mage pet. Since they fixed the scout pet, it has the best DPS, though the mage pet is situationally a little better with AOE.
  17. Nuada Active Member

warden op? in what? healing?? i think not ... but he need sure 100%+ dmg boost
  18. Kazz Member

Guys, girls, kids, please stop with the "summoners are broken OP" nonsense because summoners were underpowered broken for 5 years (read the forums if you don't believe me) and 2 out of 3 of our primary pets were completely broken we were forced to use the squishy mage pet for years - defeating the purpose of being masters of pets. We finally got our class fixed to be on par with other mages so please leave us alone and just learn to fight us instead of asking for nerfs. It's bad enough that we lost a lot of our utility and our group buffs are still a joke; to ask for more nerfs is just absurd.

Learn to PVP against pets classes! Don't run around in PVE gear and PVE group AA specs and expect to win against seasoned PVPers who have tweaked their AA and gear setup to survive PVP fights. I would be happy to help you. Come to Nagafen or drop in the BG WZ every now and then and get some real 1:1 PVP fights going, you will see for yourself if you fight a summoner enough times you will learn what it takes to defeat them. TLE is not a true judgement of a class's potential.

</rant>
  19. Xerikton Active Member

well said Kazz

after coming back to the game from 2112 it is refreshing to use a scout pet for the first time ever.:p
  20. Rubick Well-Known Member

So your class being under-powered in the past somehow justifies being the best solo class in game as well as the best DPS classes now? How about balance it out so you actually have to, oh I don't know, be good at this game to be able to run over people either on the parse or in pvp? I know that's an absurd concept to want them scaled down a bit to balance them with everybody else... Somebody really likes killing people on an easy mode broken class instead of actually having to know how to play the game to do well.