Daybreak, you need to fix pet classes

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kaptyn Fantastic, Aug 4, 2015.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Correct me if I wrong - but rumor has it that necro on production servers are top of the food chain regardless of the length of fight and regardless if this is AoE or single target fight... Only few warlock can compete with necro for the top spot on ladder on AoE fights ...
  2. Tabri Well-Known Member

Ok this thread looks just like the one back in KOS when us summoners got nerfed to high heavens on the PVE servers because people on Naggy cried about us being OP. DO NOT get my summoner nerfed again on the PVE servers, there needs to be a forum separate for PVP and it kept separate in game also please.
    Synistra and Moonpanther like this.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Just don't be forcing these changes on the PVE players and you can do as you wish for PVP.
    Synistra likes this.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Each class at some point took major nerf .. I do remember time when suddenly SOE nerfed root for warlocks ....it DID hurt a lot :) .. I guess thou people on this treat not calling for nerf but rather for beef up other classes for a some balance sake.
  5. Kendayar Active Member

naw son nerf pets so i can be #1 on the parse and i dont mean nerf pets i mean remove them from the game

-warlock
  6. MrDaltin Member

Disable multi attack and reduce white damage by scouts by 60 % and im good.
  7. Kendayar Active Member

Let's use a raid parse from the other night. This one lasted about 3 minutes.

Top 10 are:
    Ranger A: 1,975 (820)
    Necro: 1,680 (288)
    Ranger B: 1,608 (614)
    Wizard: 1,328 (332)
    Assassin: 1,324 (241)
    Swash: 1,183 (177)
    Warlock: 1,033 (115)
    Troub: 918 (485)
    Illusionist A: 880 (127)
    Illusionist B: 871 (152)

Now, let's reduce all the scout autoattack parses by -60% so after 3 minutes of hitting a target...

Our new Top 10:
    Necro: 1,680 (288)
    Ranger A: 1,483 (492)
    Ranger B: 1,240 (368)
    Wizard: 1,328 (332)
    Assassin: 1,180 (144)
    Swash: 1,077 (106)
    Warlock: 1,033 (115)
    Troub: 627 (291)
    Illusionist A: 880 (127)
    Illusionist B: 871 (152)

It's fixed, everybody! It's fixed!!! Wipe your tears away, mages, our time has come!
    Except it didn't. It's probably a lot worse without the raid buffs, I'd imagine.

GG, another entry in the long, long list of reasons why forumites playing lead designer get ignored by devs.
    Synistra likes this.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

your illusionist's suck
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Illy doing damage comparable with warlock ... it's kind of disturbing ...o_O
  10. Galatea Member

Not sure where this misconception of "it's a PvP problem don't break PvE", it's a problem for both to the point questioning playing anything else if you want to enjoy all aspects of the game alone or with others. Great solo, great damage, and some utility. There had to be a stat not normally in the core version of the game for other classes to even compare.

Will it be a problem a few expansion packs down? No because more melee stats and casting stats that effect scouts and sorcerers more than summoners will come into play but until then don't fool yourself its a balance problem. The question is do you want to fix that problem now or let it fix itself a half to a whole year later when the right content releases to balance such things? Or the crowd pleaser do both fix them now and then fix them later using more time and resources.

PS: On the note of the lone parse wands and the fact people use auto attack stats with them should kinda mean a global reduction in damage values it's just not as harsh for casters because the lack of stats on their gear.
  11. Koko Well-Known Member

Not to derail this thread, but in current TLE mechanics sorcerers/summoners have stronger base auto attacks than scouts.
    2.1 Fighters
    2.0 Summoner (focus)/Sorcerer (focus)
    1.9 Scouts
    1.0 Priests/Enchanter (melee)/Enchanter (focus)/Summoner (melee)/Sorcerer (melee)

tl;dr weapon rating/stats being equal, mages do more AA damage than scouts on TLE.
  12. Season Active Member

Summoners are OP, like 70% of your damage isnt even you pressing more buttons other than pet attacka nd dumbfires, if you arent topping parses it is cause youre bad
  13. Padrepyro Member

Cool. Except they have nearly no +dps or +haste on any gear, scouts have absurd amounts.

Anyway, I can hardly believe people are still crying about pet damage. On live, necro pet damage is about 40% of their parse, conjy is 50%. They do nothing for this dps and it's far higher % on TLE, but what are scouts AA damage %? Even on TLE scout AA is still bigger than the OP pet damage of summoners at 50. As far as the illy pet, it's OP in low levels, then becomes barely anything as a % of dps at 50.

And in the spirit of "not derailing" the thread, now think about how much dps comes from procs and passive buffs (not doing anything) on live. Yeah, it's a joke. Might as well get used to it. It starts out an insane % and at 100 is equally insane. If there's a problem to be addressed it is across all classes and is more than just damage, it's heals, it's utility, etc.
  14. Koko Well-Known Member

This says more about the quality of mages than scout AA damage.
  15. Tabri Well-Known Member

Summoners compete with warlocks wizards rangers and sins they are not OP and I dont care what they are the point is people yelling nerf again on pvp keep it on the pvp server period.
  16. Season Active Member

the top guilds on server have summoners doing 500 dps more than wizards, which is 25% more with like 10% of the work. 75% of your parse is pets and dumbfires. lol
  17. Azian Well-Known Member

Well, the only parse data we have in this thread doesn't support your position. I'm under no delusion or trying to imply that summoners are weak right now. That is certainly not the case. I actually would like to see parses for raid named encounters on TLE to get more information on how the top dps classes really do shake out.

I have to admit that I think it's odd that you have, not once but twice, called out dumbfires too. A dumbfire is nothing but a DoT with a graphic. Most have 6 second durations. It's not like you cast a dumbfire and direct it around to different mobs. Just like a DoT, if the one you cast it on dies, it goes away. Complaining that summoners don't have to push buttons because of their dumbfires is contradictory. Just like an assassin casts bleeds, a summoner casts dumbfires. Just like a warlock hits apocalypse, cataclysm, acid, etc. a summoner casts dumbfires. Like any other set of class abilities, some dumbfires are strong and some...not so much.
  18. Season Active Member

okay fine. ill say it like this. you have 3 buttons that do 75% of the dps..

Adon post some of the parses you have so i don't have to search
  19. Season Active Member

plus look at your top 5 or so spells on ACT. they are your pet
  20. Maergoth Well-Known Member

To be fair, scout auto attack, even as a ranger, is 40% or lower if you're doing it right.