Dark Distortions -- Warlock damage capabilities.

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Spiritualism, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Avonjahl Guest

Lvl 26 here and did 423 dmg when I was in Nek Castle, just mined up a palladium so hoping to get it made into a adept 3 or something. (Dark Distortions that is). Here's hoping!
  2. ARCHIVED-Zhijn Guest

35 warlock, adept 3 Dark D. highest hit 670 (and thats on a debuffed mob), averange dmg 400-590.

But i have to say, iv seen a big diffrent in mobs´resisten above lv 35-40, their posion resist is indeed good if not superb.
    Even my debuffs got resisted a heck of alot which made it nearly impossible to land a "good" hit em on, without debuffing warlocks pretty much cant do s'hite (pardon).

Note - my debuff spells are all adepet1+
    Message Edited by Zhijn on 01-06-2005 07:48 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Kharron Guest

I love the power drain of the Dark Distortion, makes it so much better for longer fights. I was in a group about a week ago hunting the bosses in RoV and had a wizard in the group 2 levels above mine. True, the wizard had some higher hits than me, but 2 levels will do that, but overall our dps was about the same as our nuke casts every 11 seconds total and their every 15 sec, evening out the dps, perhaps even surpassing it.

The thing that I found very intersting is that on longer fights, like the named mobs in the sorceror/enchanter etc. workshops, casting at the same rate as the wiz who has 100 more PP than I, the wiz would completely deplete their power pool, where I would end the fight at 40-50% pp. It almost got to the point where I was getting afraid someone would ask me why I was holding back and didn't cast more. :smileyhappy:

Fidelio
    Befallen

P.S. another thing I noticed is that as you upgrade DD, your mana usage stays about the same. True the spell costs more to cast but the damage is a lot greater and thus the percantage of it given back scales with it. I just got my adept 3 dark distortion and haven't noticed any significant increase in power usage. Now I just need to upgrade my Steal Breath to adpt3 and then Suffocating Breath for even more dps. :smileyvery-happy:
  4. ARCHIVED-Tiberius Guest

I have hit max around 500 with Dark Distortion at level 30 it goes up a little every time I level also I have the Adept version of it atm.
    Not to impressed with new DDs I get they suck 80 damage spells are a joke at level 30 wiz and warlock in some respects need a beefing.
  5. ARCHIVED-scl Guest

Maybe a silly question but you did make sure the wizard and the the warlock you tested have the same int right?

EDIT: This goes out to all those who have tested a wizard vs warlock.
    Message Edited by scl on 01-06-2005 10:08 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

Might as well add mine in there.. At level 23 AdeptI DD did (Highest Magic Hit: 357 Damage) against a yellow con FireRock Giant Scout.

And thanks for the answer to my question..
  7. ARCHIVED-Thyriel Guest

got adept3 some days ago (hell that was money grinding on EL ^^), so first i went down to Thiefs Way before scribing it (where 28 at this time), and tested round 30 mobs, highest hit before with app4 was 428, after scribing adept3, the highest hit i made on those low lvl mobs was 595 (i really tried it often to beat the 600 but i just didnt made it, debuff isnt working on those low mobs and the Dot debuffs would kill them to fast ^^).

Practically now at lvl29, its a huge difference what mobs your fighting. In Enchanted Lands with Debuffs (all on App4), ill usually hit above 480, most times between 520 and 530, highest so far there was 560, but it seems they have really low poison resistance, for example in varsoon i have every 3rd or 4th withstanded, and hitting at all around 320, highest hit down there was 410.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ephelias Guest

I know this was posted about Dark, but I'm using Nil Distortion adept3 along with chaotic maelstrom adept3, my max is around 879 and normally nuke for about 600 to 800. The dmg varies so much each time I nuke it's rather frustrating. In one battle I can get anywhere from 400 to 800dmg each time i nuke. When I upgraded from Dark adept3 to Nil adept3 there was about 150dmg difference. Huge disapointment for such a lvl difference between the spells. Read a post from someone with nil master 1 at lvl 50 doing about 1030dmg. Have yet to hear what dmg is for devestation, I got rare for adept3 but i need to get to 50 yet, and highest sage on server atm is around 44. Oh yeah, the dmg for chaotic adept3 is about 100dmg a tik. Pyre adept3 hits for 250 to 500, between the 3 spells I can dish out some decent dmg and actually peel aggro from a tank if I am not careful.
  9. ARCHIVED-Flachette1 Guest

finally dusted off my warlocks spell book and dinged 23, highest DD adept 3 hit was against a green ^^ gnoll debufed with teryils searing orb and freezing whorl adept 3 for 413 Im thinking I like my warlock again and he may be venturing out of the craft cave some more
  10. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

Where do you people get adepts of DD?? Everybody here seems to have Adept 1 DD.

I'm nearly Lvl27 and check the Qeynos AND Freeport broker several times in the evening and several times in the morning. I NEVER saw an Adept 1 DD for sale or being dropped.
    There was ONE Adept3 DD, but it costed 28g, which I simply cannot afford.

I have Adept1 for 90% of my spells, and 5 Adept1's for the next 6 levels.
    Being a Warlock, reaching 30 and not having had teh main nuke for Warlocks makes me feel sad.
  11. ARCHIVED-Erowid Guest

It's rare and will sell within seconds of being listed on the broker.... have to be quick..!!