Dark Distortions -- Warlock damage capabilities.

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Spiritualism, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Ghostal Guest

You can't use 2 spells of the same line together. If you cast one, the others will grey out.
  2. ARCHIVED-DarkSyphon Guest

oh, right...too excited I guess. My bad
  3. ARCHIVED-LordMunks Guest

Noxious debuff was added to Freezing Whorl a few patches ago.. Check the description of it in game now.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mencius Guest

after Cleric, and Dirge debuffs+ the dirge increased damage song, with Adept III of Dark Distortion, i can nuke over 600 consistantley
  5. ARCHIVED-Vresk Guest

Stupid question, but is noxious debuff a poison and disease debuff at the same time?
  6. ARCHIVED-SINisterWyvern Guest

I just hit 29 tonight but using Dark Distortion adept1 I have a high hit of 475 that was on orange^^ Clay Guardian in Ruin of Varsoon. This was with Curse of Darkness and Steal Breathe on at the time. The thing is with freezing whorl and steal breathe is, they don't stack. You can have both on the mob at the same time, but freezing whorl will not affect the mob while steal breathe does (i.e. not do dmg or more debuff). Just adding in what I've seen of it and but I am definitely getting adept3 for it.
  7. ARCHIVED-L'ArchAtan Guest

Adding a bit of information..

I use a Dark Distortion Master 1, my highest hit at lvl 34 was just below 800. I usually always hit in the 600-700 hundreds..

The other day I was playing with a guy ina group in Runnyeye, who had software to measure DPS, so we tried that out on our different classes including a Wizard.

The winner was the Warlock (me) after a fight with a named clay, in which I did over 200 dmg per second. The Wizard, Monk, Guardian and whatever couldnt beat that at all. I believe I was 33 at that time.

So yes, you can RULE as a Warlock.

- Archatan Deathdealer
    35 Warlock
  8. ARCHIVED-d3caffed Guest

How do you get master at a spell ? Is it like adept (its droppable by mobs) ?
  9. ARCHIVED-Kaziq Guest

Mob Dropped, very rare.

------
    Madouse
    Message Edited by Kaziq on 01-02-2005 10:15 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Marlow Guest

Hmm well, running my adept 3 Frozen Whorl, and eh...whatever that poison debuff we get at like 24 is, my app 3 dark distortion has hit a max of 336 that I remember on a yellow con two arrow up group mob.

EDIT forgot to add, I'm a 25 Warlock.
    Message Edited by Marlow on 01-02-2005 11:20 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Banshye Guest

30 Warlock here, using Adept 1 Dark Distortion - highest hit 474.
  12. ARCHIVED-WaachBack Guest

31 Warlock / 27 Alchemist BlackBurrow Server
    Highest hit 498 (debuffs on) Adept 1 Dark Distortion
  13. ARCHIVED-Shub- Guest

Im wondering the same thing, is noxious debuff a poison and disease debuff at the same time?

-Shub
  14. ARCHIVED-Marlow Guest

347 highest hit with app3, now level 26.

Some guy had a highest hit/total damage/damage taken/DPS program he was running in group the other day. If I wasn't first every time, it was because I wasn't paying attention, and I was out DPS a berzerker(who was usually second), ranger, and swashbuckler.
  15. ARCHIVED-TheRealDude Guest

noone answered it yet correctly so i will heh :
    DD gets is power drain from the damage it does ... says so in the description "and returns a portion of the damage done as power to the caster" you get one later however that does drain power but returns it to the group
  16. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

30 Warlock, highest magical nuke has been 562 with Dark Distortion (Adept 3).

I always cast steal breath and curse of darkness before I start my rotation of suffocating breath, dark distortion, suffocating breath, invite void or AoE, repeat.

Using that rotation I have yet to have anyone match or surpass my dps in groups. So, at least for now, Warlock's rock. :)
  17. ARCHIVED-WaachBack Guest

Update:
    32 Warlock Dark Distortion adept1 (debuffs on)
    Highest hit 543 (orc in zek)
  18. ARCHIVED-SINisterWyvern Guest

Lvl 30 now and picked up adept3 of Dark Distortion, newest high hit now is 558 was something yellow in EL, curse of darkness and steal breath on. Real nice since i think it's about 118 power to cast, but got 55.8 power back and that's not bad at all. (I don't know if it's 10% of the damage you get back in power but it seems to be about that.) Haven't seen anything less than 330 with it yet either.
  19. ARCHIVED-Thyriel Guest

Ill find it good that it takes its drain from the damage done, on longer fights mobs often run out of power and otherwise we would not get any more power drained
  20. ARCHIVED-Renshiren Guest

Well I just dinged 23 yesterday and had a chance to use this spell at Adept 3 lvl. It hit for 350. I only had one fight so I do not have any long term data but I was very happy. I doubled my damage useing Blaze Adpet 3.

Kathuk
    23 Warlock