Daily Objectives

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Tabri Well-Known Member

@mae I didnt say anything about with hardly no effort but there is an extreme to everything I play video games to have fun not have a 2nd job that doesn't pay much. For me its exciting to try to get new appearance items or gear that I need or new mounts either for appearance or better stats or plat or fabled stuff etc etc etc BUT on that note its not exciting to spend 8 hours in a zone to try to figure out a strat to still not complete it, run a zone over 36 times(Unrest for an example for the cloak of unrest) for what Im trying to obtain, to camp for hours on end(at least they fixed this for the most part), or run zones to the end with trash loot that nobody wants or do quests that give trash rewards after hours of time spent. Fun is the keyword, not job.
    Guiscard likes this.
  2. Tabri Well-Known Member

I havent jumped back onto test but if it has to be locations that you have never been to before to update the daily I think my main has been everywhere in the game already I wont be able to even do that one, will check it later myself also :(
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's how it is. I ran through a bunch of locations earlier and received no updates. There were really only two options for this: get it fixed or eliminate it. It's still a nice easy task for newbs and alts.
  4. Gninja Developer

Each day you are given 2 Adventure related Objectives, 2 Tradeskill, 2 PVP, and 1 Exploration. You only have to complete 2 of any to complete the day's objectives.

There are more than 2 Adventure, Tradeskill, and PVP objectives in each category so each day they will randomly choose 2 for the day. We are aware that you need to go to a Newly explored area for exploration to count which is why it is in its own category. Consider it a bonus objective if you are exploring somewhere new otherwise you have 2 other objectives that should fit your playstyle.
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

Actually you did:

See, you said give them instant gratification, give them rewards for no grinding.

For me, it's exciting to put in some effort, take the time, and get a nice reward for it. Not to play for 10 mins a day for 5 days and be rewarded with stuff other people had to wait years to get. No, they didn't have to work for it, but they still had to wait, and now any joe schmoe off the street can buy it after a week or two.

I LOVE rare drops in zones that give me a reason to run them multiple times, even dozens of times, to get. I love a zone so challenging it does take me several times to figure it out. I hate zones like Dreadcutter (tho I ran it my fair share of times), or easy, mindless questing for nice rewards like the cloak at the end of the COE sig line (I did that quest 10 times, it wasn't hard, it was boring and mindless, and I hated every second of it). This game doesn't need to be instant gratification, it doesn't need to be like every other game, where people play for 2 weeks, get bored, and leave. It also doesn't need to be hard for the sake of being hard. It needs to have rewards that justify effort. Not nice cloaks for almost no effort. Not logging in for 5 days and getting a nice trinket. NOT instant gratification.
    Feara and Sambril like this.
  6. Gninja Developer

Let's get back on topic please.
    Cyliena and Calthine like this.
  7. Tabri Well-Known Member

Let me rephrase instant gratification.To me running through a group zone and at the end I get something I like/need is instant gratification I do not mean I want this with zero effort.Zones would be more gratifying to me if at the end everyone gets a box with something in it

Signature quests and Heritage quests used to be awesome because at the end of the long grind you got something useable I havent seen that in years really they need to add some but with items you can use not trash
    Outdoor zones would be more gratifying if there were treasure chest scattered throughout with trinkets in them if you find them.

Shinies love this
    Getting greater spirits and obols for gear you can use from the merchant love this
    Fabled drops in solo zones and chances at ethereals love this
    LON once a month love this
    Goblin game tickets once a month love this
    5.00 month station cash a month love this
    Claymore quest line was a grind but worth it
    Mythical weapon was a grind but still worth it
    Peacock quests were a grind but worth it
    Fallen Swords
    Where are quests like these now? These were long and tedious but worth it and I mean for useable items not just to do them
    So I agree with you on some things and some things not but to each his/her own
    Duo zones- go run those then see how fun it is to figure strats out to get something useable out of it
    Grinding useless zones for useless trash loot is not fun
    Killing named in a zone that is too hard for most that drops trash is not fun
    Anyway soe hits and misses on things daily objectives are awesome to me maybe not to some others, nowadays a lot of people dont have time to spend their entire day in a game either
  8. Tabri Well-Known Member

On my main I will probably have to do the adventure portion and crafting portion to get the tokens as I dont pvp and exploration is out but there is something there for everyone regardless.
  9. Gninja Developer

Why not just do the 2 adventuring ones? You get offered 2 in each category except for exploration which is just one.
  10. Tabri Well-Known Member

Why not just do the 2 adventuring ones? You get offered 2 in each category except for exploration which is just one.

OH didnt know you could do two thats even better I will probably craft also though to mix it up, love crafting also even more choice thank you
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

SOE is borrowing ideas for these daily's and the loyalty you can build up to get veteran rewards from games like GW2 and Rift. Why are they doing that? The reason is because it works well in those aforementioned games. A game this old needs more features like this to keep it exciting for veterans and to entice new players.
  12. Jrral Active Member

A request for the daily objectives in the quest helper window: provide a way (like with regular quests) to toggle display in the quest helper off or on. The daily objective takes up a lot of screen real estate in the quest helper, and for a fair number of people it won't be something they need reminded of constantly. If I know the objectives and they're ones I'll clear as I'm going about my normal business I'd rather use the screen space for the quests I'm actively working on.

It's probably too late to suggest just treating the daily objective like any other daily mission quest.
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

any chance of giving a small bonus for someone who does 4 objectives? to give maybe get more pvp'rs to run pve and vise versa?
  14. Sambril Well-Known Member

I think that would be against the spirit of the loyalty points. The idea is to reward players for being active each day doing what they normally do, not to encourage play in areas that they don't enjoy. It is not intended as a grind which is why the objectives are fairly easy to achieve.
  15. Silresa Member

Indeed. It's not exactly rocket science! Just in the same way WoW borrowed from EQ and other games, EQ borrowed from UO, UO pulled from M59, and they all pulled from D&D/Forgotten Realms/LoTR/etc. etc. etc. It just so happens the current iteration of ideas is very focused towards accessiblity, ease of play, and so forth, so it becomes much more obvious now than perhaps before. The similarities are there no matter which way you slice it, it's just more obvious now, than say, years ago when you'd compare EQ to DAoC to Horizons.. Compare TOR to WoW to Rift etc. and the similarities are much more glaring.
  16. Daray Well-Known Member

Personally I don't mind which vet rewards are included on the merchant (as long as they are appropriately priced). However, the current costs all seem on the overly cheap side to me, and ought to be increased.

One thing I do disagree with on that list though, is the inclusion of the bag of platinum. I get that some people miss their welfare payments, but handing out 75p / 5 days is just asking for abuse, even with the current gold restriction to buy them.

If you wanted currency options, you could offer bags of city tokens, far seas tokens, obols, dungeon marks etc.
  17. Loch Well-Known Member

99% of the players looking to get their "welfare payments" did so because it was a short, simple chore that could be done with plenty of time left over to play the game. What you're describing would literally take all day, for 100 days to achieve. Not to mention, your scenario assumes the player has 50,000 platinum to invest to begin with.

I know this hypothetical situation of yours can be scaled down to a more realistic number of accounts and days, but a player with that level of dedication and obsession with this game deserves to make 100,000 platinum profit. And then they can sit on their pile of cash because I'd imagine there isn't much that 100,000 plat can buy that their initial 50,000 couldn't.
  18. Tabri Well-Known Member

I believe they said you had to be gold account status to even get the plat bags, free accounts wont be able to obtain this item.
  19. Daray Well-Known Member

You quoted me before I thought better of it, and edited some of the detail out.

Actually, in that particular scenario, you'd be talking about gaining 100,000p (or more) from 500p seed money (every 500p would make you 1500p - or more if you held on for longer before upgrading the account to gold, multiplied by however many accounts you wanted).

You must have read the post superficially. You can accrue loyalty tokens as a free account for 100 days, 200 days, whatever. Then you can make your ~500p Krono/Game card (or fraudulent sub time) purchase per account, which puts you at gold and able to convert all those tokens you saved up.
  20. Tabri Well-Known Member

I can personally make more than 75 plat in 5 days without getting a bag of plat easily heck I can make 75 plat in this game in less than 30 minutes if I choose, technically if I feel like farming stuff I can make 500 plat or more in a few hours without much trouble. Im assuming someone with a free account can do the same thing as I do to get plat in this game without the bag of plat thing on the loyalty merchant. The more kronos that are bought in game make soe more real life money because someone has to pay cash for the kronos so I dont see why it matters how much plat anyone has anyway.