Daily Objectives

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I like that idea...not that it will ever get me doing pvp, but it's a good idea.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I think the 2 tasks for one token is fine as it is. The whole idea is that it's stuff you already do in your daily playtime, not some extra challenge or quest.
  3. Senya Well-Known Member

My understanding of this is that the purpose of the loyalty system is to reward players for playing. The objective is to play whichever way you like to play and the updates will automatically happen during your regular play session. If you're not actively playing the game and the account is just sitting idle, no tokens. But if you are logging in and playing, regardless of how you play, you're probably going to get a token for that day.

The last thing I personally want is one more thing to grind. Between adventure factions, tradeskill factions, obols, greater spirits, essence of ___, elemental tokens, city tokens, havoc marks, assorted holiday currencies, adorning materials, and a host of other things we have plenty to grind already no matter which playstyle(s) we prefer.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Oh, both my silver accounts are already working on earning tokens on beta. Once they have enough I'll buy 'em each a krono and cash in the plat.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Good thinking. I could see that being worthwhile every so often. However, it's something like this that makes me think plat should be removed from the vendor. The market for krono will get screwed up and inflated if a lot of people start doing that.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You must have missed gninja's post that only gold members can purchase the plat bags..
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

sure but the main reason that the game seems empty at times is because people do what they do and nothing outside of that (like raiders who log in and log out after raid and aren't seen again until next raid time). you amke bg's, crafting, heroic dungons and other aspects of the game more appealing and the game starts making better use of it's population.

specially with those plat bags things.. it would be greatly beneficial to the game to reward playing all aspects of the game.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I didn't miss anything. They missed the fact that someone could just earn tokens on an alt and cash in with a krono or 15$ once in a while. One day, maybe six months down the road, the one krono that cost 500 plat turns into 2200 profit. 15$ = 2700, making it cheaper than a krono, but only for so long and those that farm to earn their kronos find prices rising..

Whatever. The amount of money is a bit on the small side, but it's still something that anyone can do in just 10 or 15 minutes each day no matter the level.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Seriously if someone is going to make alt accounts and log each in every day for this, then buy a krono, hoping that when they finally decide to use the currency to buy their plat bags and that they are still there as a reward? Well more power to them!
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

My knickers aren't in a knot, and I don't appreciate your condescending tone. I am just as entitled to say I don't like as you are to say it's fine. I haven't insulted those that like it, I merely said I don't, and then corrected someone who gave false info about vet rewards.
    Wirewhisker and Mizgamer62 like this.
  11. Calthine Well-Known Member

Seems better after today's patch, I ran all over Qeynos without an update.
    Cyliena likes this.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

well they didn't put CoV on the merchant, so that's something :p I wish they would add pots of vitality to the list though.
  13. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The orb of concentrated memories restores adventure vitality, and the hammer of adept hands restores tradeskill vitality. Even with the week-long cooldown they double your vitality for the week.
    Deveryn likes this.
  14. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Some people excel at using that condescending tone if you have a different view point. Glad we have them as official resident experts (not). :p
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

they do but they don't stack and share the cooldown.
    in other words if you already have the Orb (like me) than buying another does nothing for you
  16. Tabri Well-Known Member

I hope they do more things like this in game people play games for current rewards not just for rewards based on the amount of time they play the game. Im an 8 year vet and I really dont care who gets the veteran rewards that I already have now. This will make people go out and do things to get goodies or loot or whatever. I hope soe gets the "stingy with loot" philosophy out of their head people will just go to other games if they dont get instant gratification in this one.

Here is what I see in game. I am not listing everything

Cobalt Scar- you run the quests collect the shinies in the zone then there is nothing to do after that pretty much. People wont kill the named in the zone the difficulty is too high for the reward. Heck a lot of people wont even quest due to the not so great quest rewards the zone is barren every time I go into it and I only go into it to get to the raid zone.

Holiday events- everyone loves these why? They offer new things every time they are put into game, mounts, appearance items, petamorph wands, xp some coin, some of the quests are unique and fun.

ST contested- soe put ethereals in the zone and they do actually drop people still do this zone
    ST hard mode- soe put awesome charms in the zone and a mount people will still use so everyone still does this zone
    Dreadcutter- the zone is fast with a chance at a fabled drop people love to do this zone due to time taken to finish it
    HE two mounts will drop one is best in game besides the raid version people will do this zone
    SG there is a rare chance of a mythical or an item to make a best in slot and some mats for tradeskill app items but its really rare the zones are long and tedious I cant count how many times I ran it and got absolutely nothing for my time people dont run these zones much that I see unless they want the best in slot item from drop or shinies.
    Skyshrine people still run this for the xp amounts
    PR people ran that for plat ummm not anymore I never ran it for plat but I didnt see harm in people that did if people cant run PR for plat then make a current fast zone that people can run for plat instead
    Dungeon maker- useless at the moment nothing to even run this for

Basiclally the more rewards there are for people(without grinding to death for it) in a game the more people will play the game so this is a great idea.
    Deveryn likes this.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

So, let me get this right.

If you give everyone everything they want with almost no effort, they'll keep playing the game? Makes total sense.
    Lempo, Alenna and Quabi like this.
  18. Sambril Well-Known Member

I was actually disappointed to see that change. There are only so many locations in game, so after a time this daily objective becomes useless. It was better when it reset each day, though perhaps the number could have been increased a little to encourage travel instead of just parking a toon on a zone line and getting the update with little effort.

It also seems that the slay 25 creatures one has been removed unless there are different ones each day?
  19. ElectricPotato Active Member

They seem to cycle a little bit. You get 2/3 of "Kill eight kinds", "slay 25", and "kill 2 bosses". The 2 picked have been global between the 3 characters I do them on, IE the server has those two picked for everyone that day. That being said, the "3 location explored" would be nice to have some alternates, as the location pool is vast, but limited and eventually will run out(much faster if you've already been everywhere/don't go far far out of your way).
    Cyliena likes this.
  20. ElectricPotato Active Member

I was using the same 3 each day for a couple of days, either 3 or 4 days with the same 3 locations, as of morning 7/19 the same locations aren't giving updates though.