Daily Objectives

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A few things to note, to get the ball rolling with talk about the Daily Objectives that are on Beta right now.

1 - they're account-based, it seems. My completed objectives carried over from one alt to another.
    2 - we can't check out the rewards because you have to /claim the reward, and /claim is disabled on beta
    3 - If today is anything to go by, there are 2 crafting, 2 adventuring and 2 battleground objectives - and you only need to complete any two.
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Someone didn't really think this one through.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

What I didn't like was when you complete the objectives the quest doesn't auto-complete. It sits there taking up space on your quest helper, and you can't hide it, just reduce it to only show the quest name.

I assume it will auto-complete eventually. Probably at midnight PST.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Where do you find these quests?
  5. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

It should be in your journal when you log on to beta,
  6. oldskool Active Member

Not for my level 5 toon. I wonder if they get unlocked at a certain level.
  7. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I Used a Beta Buffer (On the broker for 5 silver a a piece) and I Have it. so Yea, I Wouldn't know...
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I just tried the Daily Objective - I completed the craft 8 items and the travel locations, but I seem to not be able to complete the rest. So my question, is it just a choice of two per day and you get a reward based on which two you do? or can the full list of objectives be finished?

I'm still in Beta trying different things to see if triggers completion, but the journal states that I've completed the daily objectives. Also as Niami DenMother pointed out, can't claim the reward.
  9. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I actually like that they are account-based. Keeps everyone on even footing, and prevents obtaining them from becoming a grind, since the objectives are very easily stuff we do every day.

The daily objectives show up in the active quest window sporadically. On my 91 dirge they showed up as soon as I loaded her. On my 90 necromancer it showed up immediately the first time I logged on, but when I logged on later in the day it only showed up after I'd zoned several times and opened my quest journal. On my 46 beastlord it never showed up at all.

Apparently crafting for writs counts as the crafting items counter? I crafted some quest items on my necromancer (6 cobalt chiori paste) and they counted as 6 items crafted. Switched to my beastlord (95 jeweler), did two rush order writs on her, then switched back to the necro to see how the daily applied. It showed "Craft Items: 8/8" as the completed objective, and Craft Writs was at 0/2. Admittedly, I'd also done the Visit Travel Locations objective earlier in the day, so perhaps once I completed 2 items for the writ (bringing my total crafting to 8) it stopped counting?

Not sure how I feel about items for the writs counting as crafted items - seems to be double-counting the same task. On the other hand, writs are the majority of crafting done - especially if the crafter in question has no consumables or commissions they need to make. Anyone else have any pros or cons for writ items counting both towards the writ and the item objective?

What counts as a Boss Creature? From experimenting, greyed out heroic nameds in contested dungeons (or at least in Stormhold) don't seem to count, even if chrono'd down to an appropriate level. Do heroic nameds that aren't greyed out? Any non-grey named? Only nameds in instances? Only the end boss in instances? Only the nameds/end boss in heroic or raid instances?

edit: Oh, and I can't find the merchant where the coins we're supposed to get as rewards get spent. Are they not in the game yet?
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

I killed the first heroic name I found in Clefts contested and it was a count for the boss creature, killed another in the zone without it counting. so I went to Deep Forge, killed the first name in the zone and got it updated
  11. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

So... inconsistent? Or only one mob per zone counts?
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

seems kinda inconsistent, although since it only needed 2 to complete the objective I can't say if it's 1 mob a zone or not. since after the first name in DF I was done
  13. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Oh, interesting! The tasks change. No bosses or ts writs today, instead its types of creatures and types of items.

I wonder how many different tasks there are. Do they cycle in a pattern or is it random selection from a list of available options (like TS writs)? And are there any gathering ones?

Oh, and my beastlord's pet despawned when I completed the daily objective. Of course, it also despawns every time she zones, so that's probably a bigger issue.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

fun, but doesn't matter if they change since we can't even get the rewards :p
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's the first place I checked. No sign of it on either copied toon (95/95 nec/carp and 82/95 conj/sage)
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

It is a fourth tab on the quest journal. Also, it should appear independently in the quest helper (assuming that the quest helper is active).
  17. Gninja Developer

We are looking in to all of these issues. /claim is turned off because we do not have a way to stop you from claiming things from your live accounts. This is also currently the only place we could award items that any player on your account can claim.

We are already working on a solution for some characters not getting the objectives showing up for them.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I can't really speak for others, but I know that I just want to see the rewards at this point. Perhaps you could put something like a merchant that shows roughly what rewards will become available. Another thing: are the rewards purchasable via a currency from the daily objective*, or is each reward based upon a given day's daily objective?

* In other words, is it going to be something where we can save up the daily object currency to purchase stuff with higher prices, etc.
  19. Gninja Developer

Hmm the reward merchants should be in Qeynos and Freeport. I will hop on in a bit and make sure they are there.
  20. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

My claims list is full of stuff now, not sure this is the ideal method of distribution. If you want people to desire things, it would be better to show they are out there much like city merchants.
    I am still appalled at faction merchants that don't show me what I could get if I had faction. I know many times I never bothered because I didn't know what was there to choose from.