Current Currency

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Guiscard, Mar 8, 2017.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Folks lets keep semantics clear
    a) Generation plat in game mean - using game mechanics to get plat OF NPC not from players
    b) Hoarding plat by players that is completely different story- all it take make plat changes PC hands and this have nothing

As it stands now you CAN'T generate cash in EQ2 in any notable amounts w/o braking EULA or w/o exploiting game. But you can HOARD cash
    Zeddicious likes this.
  2. Kenn Well-Known Member

1000 plat per half hour merc use should do the trick.

Edit:
    I had to edit this as the above is very un-Day Break like.

It should also have the option to spend 300 Day Break Cash per half hour instead of plat.
  3. Coty Member

And this will solve what? lol just punish the new players and these who lvl up still. The mercs are USELESS you can put all the gear DB tosses at you on them and they are still useless. who in their right mind would pay willingly 2k plat per h for a useless merc? Get a grip mate.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

At this rate of inflation, hoarding cash is probably the worst thing you can do. Buying things that will go up in value and holding on to them is the best investment right now.
    Lil Mantis, DoomDrake and Jrox like this.
  5. Fletch Active Member

If you don't have have enough play time to make the plat to buy the krono, you have to pay for your sub. Find more efficient ways to get plat or put in however much time it takes you. Why do people not understand that kronos are not a way for people to avoid paying for a sub without putting in any effort.
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yep and the ONLY stable commodity now is Krono :D
  7. Kenn Well-Known Member

I have a conspiracy theory.

Where does someone get 150k plat to buy a krono in the first place?

Well Day Break staff buy Kronos from the broker in game at high amounts so people pay real money to buy Kronos.
    Meneltel likes this.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

This is already not conspiracy :D
    milking game for plat became not practical somewhere past Moors of Yekesha x-pack (at time of AoM or so)
    I came back to game in 2015 summer time I had level 70 chars which I dusted out of storage and had fun re-connecting with game. I have noticed that doing certain dungeons in MoY were produced disproportional amount of plat from chests (2015) but nothing like 1000s plat. Also in AoM junk loot were sellable for sizeable amount of plat (so say mass slaughter of lizards could produce 100s plat per hour easy - trinkets were selling for like 3-5pp each)
    Saying that I do see that initial wealth of 10s thousands of plat were easy (relatively) generated from within game. I expected to see same picture in TOT (my expectation for trash trinkets were about 10 or so plat but to my surprise amount of junk plat was scaled back) so this is a moment when Kronos inflation really began
  9. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Nobody is avoiding paying for the game. In the end someone else bought that krono so the company got their money anyhow. Not to mention kronos cost more than the monthly sub. You are completely misreading everything I type. I have put in the effort. That is not the issue. The issue is that the time invested is no longer worth the hassle. Is it my fault that DBG allows third party sites to sell kronos and stand by and watch as those individuals alter the market the way they see fit? I don't think so. They made the choice. It is their game and they have every right to do so. But I know I am not the only one who relied purchasing kronos to keep my accounts going. Jump on IRC and ask the botters how they pay for their accounts (sometimes 24 accounts at a time, hmmm no idea why so many kronos might have vanished). I would be willing to bet you would have next to nobody actually paying the sub. Prices fall as shortly after an expansion for kronos because of returning/new members. The price of kronos almost never drops after this period. It might fluctuate a little bit but always ends up going up. Someone pays attention and yanks a whole bunch off of the broker to jack everything up. I know one of the guys who used to it (he may still be around). This is not DBG purposely dumping plat in the game or anything like that.

I have been an gold member for 12 years, this is not a shock or surprise as it happens every year since the kronos came into existence. It goes back to not enforcing rules yet again. Just because I am no longer able have time to enjoy the game I guess its my fault and should put in more effort. At least if you are going to point fingers you should know which direction they need to be aimed at.
  10. Fletch Active Member

Yes, I know how kronos work but thank you. A person who uses a krono does so because they do not want to spend cash on a sub, that was my point.
    I point fingers at all the people on the forum who say "I don't want to pay cash but it takes more time than I am willing to invest to get enough plat for a krono" and I stand by that. If it takes you a couple hours to make enough plat for a krono then you either put in the time or you don't buy a krono. It is a very simple choice, decide which is more important, your time or 13 bucks.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

Not true at all. Even while SoE existed inflation was a more or less constant 300% per year. I don't call that "controlled".

You could blame it on DBG's smaller QA team though, in the last year at least 2 different plat exploits were responsible for massive inflation. If DBG had more manpower they'd probably would of caught at least one of these exploits before it blew up the economy (again).

The funny thing is there are some huge plat sinks in the game now. It isn't like Dev isn't trying at all. It just isn't very effective.
  12. Meirril Well-Known Member

You have it backwards actually. People sell Krono because they want to gain large amounts of plat quickly. People buy Krono in game for a lot of reasons, but ultimately because its worth cash (which you exchange for subscription fees). Krono doesn't change in value. Its value is fixed. What changes is the value of plat.

What you can buy with plat now costs more than it did back when Krono went for 300p. Average SLR items back then went for about 50-100p. Now? SLR items start at 5k and go up, way up.

Trading plat for krono doesn't make more plat. It just moves it between players. If you want the plat price of items to go down you either need to make more of the items available (i.e. lower the value of the item), or you need to significantly reduce the amount of plat in the game to raise the value of plat.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. Kenn Well-Known Member

It does if Daybreak goes in with a toon they just made holding a million plat and buys your Krono so you rush out and buy more Kronos from the website. lol
    Snikkety and Meneltel like this.
  14. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

You truly are funny. You tell me how to CONSISTENTLY make 1.2 million plat every couple of hours without SLR and without exploiting and I MIGHT believe you. If it was that easy there would be no kronos on the broker (at least any below 2 mil). You probably pay the monthly sub and never actually earned a krono for yourself without SLR or more than 6 hours a day a play time.
    Meneltel, DoomDrake and Jrox like this.
  15. Jrox Well-Known Member

Did you really just say a couple of hours? Do tell please... I want to know the exploit your using. Yea I know I can spend all day if I get lucky with the drops for SLR in experts and grab 500-800K maybe a mil on a really good day. But in a couple of hours? GTFOH

In general I don't think your a moron, but I really need a moron quote button. Just for sometimes when someone says something without thinking. Hey, we're all guilty of it, but damn it would be funny to have that button right about now! :rolleyes:
    DoomDrake likes this.
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I beg for difference..
    During SOE time was major IN GAME plat influx WITHOUT exploits
    Here is short list of examples
    During Kurnak time is was like tens of gold per trash trinkets
    During Moors of Yekesha it was 1 plat or so per trinket PLUS like 15plat per chest in some instance (I was running that instance like every 90min as soon as I can reset it)
    During AOM - trinkets were sells for FIVE! plat each and you can run few instances in AoM to get stack of those
    Still with me?
    Now look what happened with ToT (at start Kronos were like 100k or so) unlike AoM - where were no cash trinkets anymore and those rare occasion that some sellable junk was dropped prices were between 1 to 3 plat for it (and drop rate much much lower compare to AoM) .. YET Kronos prices went from 100k by the start of x-pack to 200k by the end (again my point is that plat was NOT generated within game)
    Now look on KA x-pack, Cash trinkets even more rare, they sells for merely 1plat or gold and within just 3 months into x-pack prices on Krono grown from 200k to 1.2M
  17. Kenn Well-Known Member

I would love to monitor the total plat on the server. The only way to get rid of plat is to buy stuff from vendors and buy merc time. The vendors basically sell trash. I would pay plat to run faster. But this makes no money for DB.
  18. Meirril Well-Known Member

Ok, I see a lot of points being stressed but no explanation of what you are trying to get to. If you are trying to say there were no plat dupes during that period of time, then I'm sadly going to inform you that not only were there several exploits that allowed you to gain huge amounts of plats, there were also straight out plat dupes and even krono dupes in the time that SoE still existed. The main difference is there was more staff to keep an eye on things. With less staff, not only do they not notice as quickly, they also take longer to react.

You're also failing to take into account how the dev team moved away from trash drops as a source of cash and made it to where the cash reward was a series of simple quests in instances. Instance rewards use to be mostly a faction coin. Now you still get the faction coin, but you also get significan amounts of plat and status. Additionally there are more quests you can obtain from clickable locations that can often give you 20-30p guaranteed for each instance. That is a lot more stable than drops.
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Look even with 5 loyalty tokens for 500pp bag you won't get much - hell you won't generate even 100k by doing so. We are talking here about millions of plat on the hands of "regular" or "casual" gamers. I did some survey in between those. Most are simply bought Kronos for $$$ sold in game for plat. Some more "hard core" been farmed experts (some reported accumulated like 2M over month by SLR) - all this FINE because plat do change hands but NOT generated within game
    As it stands now THERE IS no legit way to generate a lot plat in game. Most repeatable quest rewards are within range of 1 to 3plat I do not see anything that can be produced by TS and sold to NPC for ridiculous amount of plat either.
    My whole point of whole rant is attempt to figure out source where from all those trillions of plat coming on constant base into economy (and keep coming because Krono prices are keep going up)
  20. Stach Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the premise of this thread, when you watch and see SLR gear going for 500-1 mil plat on a regular basis, Kronos now for sale at over 1 million plat, people not even blinking at buying shineys on the broker for 300k+ this is not just plat changing hands, it is being introduced somewhere and added to economy and fast. While I don't buy SLR gear, and farm my own shineys and support my characters with making my own food and arrows, and I got the year deal for account last year. so none of this really causes me much issues, but its really crazy the amount of plat in the system now

Stach
    DoomDrake likes this.