Current Currency

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Guiscard, Mar 8, 2017.

1. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Items don't sell for as much as they used to in comparison to previous expansions. For instance I worked with quints. In AoM they were roughly 700-800pp a pop. To get the 32k it cost right after the first krono jump I had to sell 40-50. Now that kronos are 900k and quints are around 8-9k I have to sell double what I had to sell in AoM just to meet the same requirement for a krono. The changes are not what you claim, nor are they even remotely close. I don't SLR because I don't enjoy sitting in a zone waiting for people switch toon, run to the bank and all the other BS (logout and no response). I make items to sell on the broker so I can actually have fun in the game with friends while my items sell. Like many other people who play this game in their limited free time I played to enjoy the little bits left not spend all day trying to see how many millions I could pull together.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Interesting discussion with lots of speculation. People are talking about kronos, SLR, shiny selling, etc. Those are ways to spend plat. Last time I checked, most quest rewards in game run around 1-2 plat for completion, find a "rare" merchant item and sell it for 2 or 3 plat. I'm not aware of any quest rewards rewarding 100 plat for completion. That doesn't mean there aren't any--I'm just not aware of them. And we're talking currently. Go back in times to earlier xpacs and we know rewards were even less. I can remember having two thousand plat in AoM and thinking I was wealthy. Let's get real for a minute. There's no way in hell someone is earning through legitimate play in game the kind of plat that's floating around. The kronos aren't the issue, they're just the evidence.The central point here which many people seem to want to dance around is this. There simply is no current, legal in-game quests, rewards, etc. that allow for the amount of plat exploding into the game in the short time since ToT and KA. Talk all you want, but plat is flooding into the economy and it can't be coming from the game. The reward system doesn't support it. It's coming from somewhere, which means it's being artificially introduced into the economy. All the rest of the discussion about SLR, krono selling/buying, people saving it for the last 10 years, etc. is simply missing the fundamental point. Based on the current game rewards and the amount of people playing, no legal system exists to support the amount of plat that's in the economy and what people are spending on average in a day per auction item.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  3. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

You did include the millions of plat from the burnt key zone right?
    Snikkety likes this.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

You're arguing in this thread without knowing the dupe glitch in AoM? It was kinda a big thing. There was a merchant that sold items for 7 copper, you could sell that back for 7 gold. Pretty easy to dupe. Selling PLs shinies and items does not make new money. It just takes money already on the game. The merchant glitch INTRODUCED more currency into the game.
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

Wow, finally someone to tell me how the glitch actually worked in AoM. If that's the case, every account found to have been participating should have been drained imo. Not banned, just completely drained. Why didn't they you ask, lack of backbone... Cheating assss hacks.
  6. Ubesoft New Member

krono on skyfire is going for 850k to a Million . I wouldn't buy that nor could I afford it
    DoomDrake likes this.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

Last night Krono's on HoF were over 1.25Mil
    DoomDrake likes this.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Lets be realistic
    Keys sells at best 2.5k a pop - maximum you can harvest 34keys every 6 hours so we are talking about 85k/6hours which FAR shy from 40k/hours your claim. Okeyif you have 3 alts that do nothing else but farm keys - sure but still to complete key run you need about say 45minutes? (about 30 min for 4 easiest one - which I do)
    About infusing .... well while infusing everything will eat some money infusing single item is about 80k plat so .... its no longer drain plat out of economy (well it do but not by much considering how much plat is currently floating)
  9. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I know about it. I also know about the one that has been around since the release of agnostics. It is still exploitable to a degree. Before the barrier was put in it brought more currency/status in the the game than any previous dupe. Possibly even more than all of them combined. Someone went around in AoM dumping hundreds of millions of status in guild hall doors just for the S's & G's on AB.
  10. Fleurs Active Member

12 minute per key quest, 60 minute => 26 key. which could easily do 40k plat.

Now i never said i was doing that all the day (because it's boring and don't want to). So if i do a "key run" it take one hour of my time, and reward me 40k easily.

About the infusing part, i take your number:

80k * 21 item equiped = 1.6m + 80k each time you loot an upgrade in heroic or raid

All of this multiplied by a fair amount of raiders players on the server and a lesser number of heroic player too.
  11. Fletch Active Member

Accounts were banned but a lot of plat made it into the hands of people who did nothing wrong and that plat remains in the system and it is a lot of plat.
    Jrox likes this.
  12. Fletch Active Member

You could be right. I don't like making an argument on anecdotal evidence but without knowing how many kronos DBG sells, anecdotal is all we have. My opinion is largely based on the converse of yours. I know many people with millions of plat that have never purchased a krono. In my experience there are far more people that acquire wealth through participation in the economy than those that purchase kronos. If they are selling enough kronos to change the economy then that is great because it would take a lot of kronos and that is more money they can spend on development.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  13. Fletch Active Member

This would be a good example of not adapting to the changes in the economy. This is a dynamic game, you have to roll with the changes or you will get left behind.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Last I recall, that didn't last that long and even had a dev post about it. Nice try, though. In other words, a fairly short event that was on a 24 cycle and only one player could get is your logic for explanation of where all the plat came from. Seriously...
  15. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Not saying it all came from there but a lot of it is spread out. There is no overnight million dump that everyone is referring to. The same thing happened with the cloaks and people complained that everyone was duping status items when infact there was a legit way to merge it all. So yea seriously.....it didn't all come from one place.
  16. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

That is pretty funny. Managed to stick with it for the duration they were out through 100's. SLR is the only way to stay with it now unless you don't feel like ever spending your game time actually playing the game. Justifying your comment would be like justifying why everyone isn't billionaires in the real world. Should have adapted.......lol. I am pretty sure you will see a nice population drop. Guess nobody cared to "roll with the changes."
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Not THAT much of plat because it that would be truth SLR for eth runes back in last summer would yield much higher prices than 2-2.5M for fighters runes :D
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Its not over night its over month or so lol just watch dynamic of Kronos until up to December (about 1 ,month or so into KA x-pack) Kronos prices were steady and slow grow and were sitting at around 200k (at most on most production servers) - retroactively by beginning of ToT they been at around 120k give or take. (see dynamic? less than 100% over 1 year) ..
    Now watch this
    by end of January - around 400k (double)
    by end of February - around 600k (triple)
    by end of first week or March - around 900 (quadruple)
    by middle of March - around 1.2M (6x compare to ToT end x-pack)
    To create 6x inflation within 3 months ... its take a lot more then simple plat dupe btw ...
    Malleria likes this.
  19. Fletch Active Member

Now I'm really having a hard time taking you seriously. Comparing the ability to generate enough plat to buy a krono to being able to become a billionaire is ludicrous. I compare it to being able to remain in the middle class but that doesn't really matter. The point is a lot of people know how to make plat in the current economy (not all through SLR) but others struggle, that is the way of the world. If somebody would make a suggestion on these forums that would actually decrease inequality while maintaining a healthy economy I would be all for it. Unfortunately we just see the same arguments despite trying to explain to people why they won't work.
  20. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Ok at what point do you then say I am spending most of my time generating money just to be able to have the sub versus being able to enjoy myself in the game. Of course it isn't anywhere close to being a billionaire but its the principle of having to spend the majority of your time earning when you could be actually doing what you bought the game for. Not everyone has 1 account either. Before KA I kept 3 accounts going through kronos. I still had enough down time I could raid and run groups with friends. The amount of time it would take me to keep the same process in motion would practically limit me to almost no game time. Not to mention my method of earning the plat heavily depends on people buying what I sell. If the population falls or people stop logging in my generation of plat becomes even more difficult. At the current spot in the game it is not worth my time to go through it all. Its a wonder why people run around trying to find whatever exploits they can because I am pretty sure some people don't know the easier ways to make the plat.
    Meneltel likes this.