Crushbone Happenings

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

Dexella wrote:
    I learned that a long time ago :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

I've just heard from Oylenna's cousin, and it seems that something came up at the very last minute and prevented her from running her errands today. She is deeply sorry to anyone who might have made the trek to Mara on her behalf, and asks me to let you all know that she'll be trying to head that way again in a few days time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Hi there, everyone! It's your old pal, Ely, here with all the rumors fit to scribe!

• Sunday, Sept. 23rd @ 6pm - Don't forget about that curious note that was left on Monday! There's a very distraught person seeking assistance in Darklight Wood near the entrance to Neriak. I'm dying to know what that's all about. You should check it out!
    • Monday, Sept. 24th @ 9am - I've heard a rumor that there will be some sort of charity event for a family of frogloks that have been unhoused by a nightblood invasion. Philanthopists are asked to stop by the docks in the Enchanted Lands if they are able to assist with the family's needs.
    • Tuesday, Sept. 25 @ 12pm - Oylenna's rescheduled her outing to the Village of Shin to see about some tome repairs. Anyone with experience repairing parchment, leather work, calligraphy or other arts should seek her near the docks around lunch time.
    • Wednesday, Sept. 26 @ 10am - I overheard talk at the priest guild recently that one of our druids has been doing research on a specific type of fruit under the assumption that it may possess magical powers. Those interested in the study of botany (or, really, just anyone who wants to see if she's as crazy as she sounds), stop by the Steamfont Standing Stones for more info.
    • Thursday, Sept. 27th @ 2pm - Someone slipped me a small piece of parchment which reads, "Jooluhreez by Hathia seekz help findin shinee bitz fer jooluhree makinz. Youz come ta see Hathia in da Sinkin Sandz ta helpz!" Umm, could someone fetch me a Troll to Common dictionary?
    • Thursday, Sept. 27th @ 10:30pm - Speaking of trolls, it's time for the Harvest Festival in the Commonlands. Unfortunately, that also means the return of the evil witch who takes half of the harvests each year! If there are any brave adventurers in the area, perhaps they could lend a hand to the local farmers?

And, as always, these are only some of the crazy things happening across Norrath courtesy of the green clad clan! Keep your eyes peeled for us, because we could be lurking anywhere!
  4. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Have you noticed the chill in the air, friends? The Festival of Shadows will soon be upon us! I'm so excited! It is my absolute favorite time of the year! I hope that you're all getting ready for all sorts of ghosts and ghouls and goblins (I mean, aside from the ones you'll run into in Darklight Wood!)

We've still got a few days yet before the changing of the guard, but in the meantime, here are a few weekend activities that might pique your interest:

• Friday, Sept. 28th @ 4:30pm (please note time change!)- WANTED: Manual laborers to obtain materials for use in experiment. Applicants must not have pathological fear to explosives, bright lights, or vertically challenged scientists. For further details, please seek out a Mr. Wurcs near the gates of West Freeport, within the Commonlands. (Note - insurance benefits not provided. Please ensure adequate safety precautions at all time.)
    • Saturday, Sept. 29th @ 12pm - Everyone's favorite beer loving dwarf will be stopping by New Halas to see if anyone might be willing to help him get a few things together for a new autumn ale that he's looking to brew. Grab your gardening shears and lend him a hand!
    • Saturday, Sept. 29th @ 5pm - Karleena Stormshield returns to the Walk of Glory seeking new, brave adventurers to venture into the depths of Kael Drakkel! She asks me to remind everyone that if you've already assisted her, she's not yet gained any new information to share, so be sure to tell a friend or relative who are in need of a challenge!
    • Sunday, Sept. 30th @ 1pm - Fyreweaver asked me to let everyone know that she'll be setting up camp in Antonica and she'd love it if the storytellers of Norrath would come join her for snacks and a tall tale or two!
    • Sunday, Sept. 30th @ 7pm - Jumjumie, culinary artist to royals and commons alike, will be holding a baking contest in Kelethin! She's preparing for all of the spooky parties that will be coming up and wants to get some fresh, new ideas! Bring your impeccable palates and your posh ideas to the table and see who wins a coveted rolling pin trophy!

Oh! I almost forgot! Did you know that the Guide Program is always recruiting? If you enjoy participating in events, you might even enjoy running them too! Come see a new side of Norrath and fill out an application today!
  5. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Hey y'all -
    It seems that Mr. Wurcs had a teensy, tiny, little, bitty explosion today and wasn't able to make it out to the Commonlands since he's currently up to his now non-existant eyebrows in what was his current project.
    He sends his deepest apologies and asks that you not hold it against him when he comes calling again - and he promises to do so very soon!
  6. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Awww! One more day until we're faced with another 5 day recovery period until the next weekend.
    Perhaps some rumors will help you make it through yet another boring week?

• Monday, Oct. 1st @ 10am - Pirates! Pirates in Antonica! Whatever could they want?
    • Monday, Oct 1st @ 7pm - Ever plan a trip and realize that you've forgotten something important? Looks like this fella did! Head on over to the Moors of Ykesha and see if you can lend a hand.
    • Tuesday, Oct 2nd @ 12pm - She's got milk, eggs, butter... oh dear! She's fresh out of the most important things! Have a heart and find this desperate halfling in the Village of Shin.
    • Tuesday, Oct 2nd @ 3:30pm - She's creepy and she's kooky and she likes her houses spooky! Shiedara needs your help finding some extra special crafting materials. You can find her in Nektulos Forest, most likely seeking inspiration.
    • Wednesday, Oct 3rd @ 11am - A kerran trader has been having trouble making his quota recently. He's hoping to strike a bargain with experienced hunters. Seek him in Kylong Plains for more information.
    • Wednesday, Oct 3rd @ 9pm - Rumor has it, the pirates will be making another stop in Antonica.
    • Thursday, Oct 4th @ 10am - Someone with a shameful secret needs help in Lavastorm. Sounds fishy to me!
    • Thursday, Oct 4th @ 11pm - Are you good with children? How about with... well, shall we say rambunctious children? A proud papa needs a sitter for a little bit while he runs some errands. You can apply for the position on the Thundering Steppes docks.
    As always, these are only a few rumored happenings around Crushbone. Keep your eyes peeled for anything unusual happing around Norrath!

Also, we love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a message here for the Guide team with your requests, concerns, or just random thoughts that you may have (but, please keep it PG or better - won't SOMEONE think of the children?!)

Have a great week, everyone! See you in Norrath!
  7. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

An Othmir Fisher will be in Antonica on the docks looking for folks to aid him in his quest for fish. He should be there aroudn 4:eek:o PM PST 6:00 PM CST. Stop by and say Hi and give him a hand.

As always subject to change without notice due to real life and other creatures of the night.
  8. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Everyone knows that halflings love a good party (especially ones with fancy hats and tasty snacks!) Fortunately, Dexella's got that covered! This Friday, October 5th, the Community Lounge will be open for Oktoberfest!
    Das Beer Garden! Das silly hat vendor! Das... ummm... fahrvergnügen? I don't know about all that - I DO know that I'll be popping into the Crushbone Community Lounge off and on during that time, laden with shinys and snacks for all.
    Woohoo! Party!
  9. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Elyshka wrote:
    I heard from Shiedara and... well, I don't know how to put this delicately, so I'm just going to come out with it. She was decorating in a maze of mirrors and... well, she couldn't find her way out. I tried ever so hard to not laugh at her, but it was impossible. I'm gonna have a bruise on my shin for a good three days.
    She mentioned that she's going to be avoiding mirrors for a bit and that she'll be out seeking help tomorrow at an even earlier time - Wednesday, Oct 3rd @ 8am.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go dunk my leg into Everfrost Bay for a bit. /em grins
  10. ARCHIVED-Pij Guest

Heya Elyshka, first of all thank you very much for running a regular schedule of guide events and many of them even at european times
    I was just a bit disappointed that out of the 6 events I tried to attend with my wife, we only got a hold of you in 2, so please please if you get a chance then tell us when you can't make it (preferably before the event but even afterwards is valuable too), like you did on the 28th September @ 1:30pm one and on yesterdays @ 3:30pm. We all can understand if the RL raid hits you like a truck and I'm not upset about it, just leaves me with a funny feeling when I'm not sure if I missed it or not. Oh and it would be really helpful if you'd show up on a "/who all guide" search
    Other than that keep up the good GREAT work you and your fellow guides are doing (also thanks to Kellin for yesterdays fishy event). Oh yeah one more thing whenever possible try to give us a (real journal) quest or a house item to remember the event, while the food and drink are a nice gesture and appreciated there is nothing to stay on you to remember the fun you had with another player. Now I hope you're not frustrated with all that critique and say "screw Crushbone ", but take it as a constructive comment to increase the quality of the events you run
    Best regards

Pijotre Kajek

P.S.: For consistency the events we tried to attend:

Thu 27th Sep. @ 2pm - Troll Jeweler - Sucessfully attended
    Fri 28th Sep. @ 1:30pm - Mr. Wurcs - Cancelled
    Sun 30th Sep. @ 1pm - Fyreweaver - We were in Antonica from 1:08pm to around 2pm and saw no guide
    Mon 1st Oct. @ 10am - Pirates! - We were in Antonica from 10:02am to around 10:35am and saw no guide
    Tue 2nd Oct. @ 12pm - Pie in Village of Shin - Sucessfully attended and got a house item WOOHOO
    Tue 2nd Oct. @ 3:30pm - Shiedara - Cancelled
  11. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Pijotre,
    Thank you very much for both the kind words and the critiques. It does help to know both, and I appreciate the feedback. It is always lovely to see you and Naina when I'm out and about, and the folks who ask tasks from you adventurers all seem to have the nicest things to say about you both.
    I do apologize for any events which do not go off as planned. I try my very best to get to each and every event as scheduled and update as quickly as I can should there be a delay, however I sometimes find myself unable to get to a computer to update (and I do not have one of those fancy tinkered telly phones that many folks seem to have these days), but I try very hard to keep everyone informed.
    As for the comments regarding the quality of items received for quests run, I will certainly forward that feedback to the team responsible for reviewing scripts and such, to see if there's anything which can be done with regards to adding house items and the like. Please keep in mind that everything we do has to be approved by the appropriate official persons, so it may take some time for changes to be made if they are even able to be made at all. Feedback, feedback, and more feedback from the players is what we need.
    With regard to the /who command to find guides, sadly, that's something that requires technical work that we're unable to ask for. I will forward your request to the appropriate persons, but I am uncertain that anything can be done about the situation at this time.
    Finally, Fyreweaver did finally make it to Antonica on Sunday, but unfortunately she'd gotten caught in a rainstorm over the Karanas on her way to the lighthouse and was delayed a few hours. As for Gracey Oar'Malley, that pesky gnome pirate, she was indeed in Antonica on time (Oh my! Her tinkered pocket watch was off, and she was an hour early! I shall have to let her know about this right away so she's on time for her next events!), tinkering away on the Aether Race track and asking folks to take test rides for her. I'm sorry that you missed her, but she'll be back 11pm this evening and again on Friday at 3pm. She's even hoping to stop in one more time during the morning hours either on Saturday or Sunday, but she hasn't ironed out her plans just yet.
    I am doing my very best to ensure that everyone gets the opportunity to spend time with me (you lucky folks you! *giggles*), but sometimes I get overanxious to come visit and spend time with you all and my wee body just can't keep up with my mind. I will do my very best to let everyone know in the future if there will be any changes, and I'm very sorry that you've felt any disappointment as the result of my actions (or lack thereof).

Most sincerely,
    Ely
  12. ARCHIVED-Pij Guest

Thank you for your the reply Elyshka,
    I'm glad that you've taken my critique in the intended way *phew* and I'm glad that I haven't lost my marbles yet and that you indeed weren't in Antonica at those 2 events. I hope you get a fancy tinkered telly phone as a frostfell gift then, so you can keep us updated on changes. Regarding the "/who all guide" command, that command is already in game and working and I know from a fellow player of Crushbone who is a guide on a different server that guides have an option to hide themselves or not (though I have no clue how that actually works on your side). Maybe you need to have a higher rank to be shown there, in which case I'd like to hereby let your "surperior" guides know that you should be "leveled up". I know for certain that the senior guides can show up under that command if they wish so (, right Kellin? ).

Best regards
    Pijotre Kajek

edit: "a phones" no gud spelng is
  13. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

I did double check Gracey's log book and she was there on time after all (maths are so confusing! /boggle). She mentioned in her diary that a couple folks came to see her and tested out the track -- one of them even put up a quick message on the special "crafting" frequency that many of you use, but sadly she said that no one else came out to see her after the initial three.
    I've asked that when she goes out there tonight at 9pm to see if she can't stick around for a couple of hours and she thought that was a splendid idea indeed. She said to mention that if you don't find her working on the track near the Racing Referee, you might also find her shopping at the City Festival, so keep your eyes peeled in both locations!
  14. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

Pijtroe, thanks for the feedback and being understanding. Real life does happen to us all, we try our best to be on when scheduled but alas there are times when we cannot.
    I am trying also to run quest at different times for our European players and US alike but there are not a lot of us on Crushbone right now, sooooooo *plug here* if you or someone you know has any interest you can apply to become a guide :)

Thanks again :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

It's here! It's here! Oktoberfest celebrations are today! I will be on periodically throughout the day to visit with you all in the Community Lounge, so if you see a halfling gawking at all the party guests and carrying trays of snacks, feel free to flag me down! I might even have some party favors for you!
    Also, I've got a few more tidbits to share with you, so grab a quill and some parchment. You're not going to want to miss a thing:

• Friday, October 5th @ 1pm - Gracey Oar'Malley is swinging back by Antonica to make sure that her Aether Racing track is still running shipshape! If you'd like to volunteer to give it a test run or three, stop and say hello to her near the lighthouse.
    • Saturday, October 6th @ 10:30am - There seems to be some unrest amongst the orcs in the Commonlands as of late. A great warrior calls to service troops willing to cull the herd. It is suggested that troops not be so overwhelmingly powerful that they draw attention to themselves in the surrounding environment and risk the mission. Report near the gates to The Sprawl for your orders.
    • Sunday, October 7th @ 2pm - Gracey's back in Antonica to start packing up the Aether Racing Track, but you've still got time to run a few laps! Make sure you report back to her on how it's running. She keeps detailed logs of these things for the captain. Head on back to the lighthouse to find her and Parry White, that silly bird of hers.
    • Monday, October 8th @ 12:30pm - Rumors have been circulating around Gnomeland Security of a troll patrolling the area and gnomes vanishing in the night. They're running short on militia and are hoping that concerned citizens capable of protecting themselves might take a look nearby.
    • Tuesday, October 9th @ 11am - A funny little gnome with a penchant for disguise seeks some pawns to play in his little game. If you've an hour to spare and some comfortable boots for hiking, meet with the "Master" Illusionist Snuty in the Enchanted Lands.
    • Wednesday, October 10th @ 3pm - Her Majesty's knight, Arrynn, seeks trainees between 15-25 seasons to report to the entrance of the gnollish stronghold, Blackburrow, for an assignment. More experienced adventurers are welcome to join ranks as well but are recommended to partner up with a younger recruit and assist them with their training.
    • Thursday, October 11th @ 1pm - Mr. Wurcs seems to have recovered a bit of eyebrow growth and is now willing to be seen in public. He's still looking for volunteers to obtain materials for use in his experiments. Find him near the docks in the Commonlands.
    And, as always, you'll see folks in snappy green cloaks popping up all over the place, so keep your eyes and ears open for more adventures!
  16. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

The orc commander was followed as he attempted to reach the rendezvous point within the Commonlands, so he had to circle around and lose the troops that were tailing him.
    He should be arriving very shortly.
  17. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

A Halfling is seeking aid in finding certain items to bake with. This is done to impress her sweetheart and we know how much halflings love pie.
    She will be found on the docks of New Halas around 4:30 pm pst

Note: subject to change without notice due to real life and other creatures of the night.
  18. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

♫♫♪♩♬♫♫♪♩♬♫♫♪♩♬♫♫♪♩♬♫♫♪♩♬♫♫♪♩♬
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    With the scarecrows a'yellin'
    And ev'ryone screaming at them with such fear
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    It's the creep-creepiest season of all
    With Halden's ghost stories and zombies so gory
    I just saw something move on that wall (/em points and shrieks)
    It's the creep-creepiest season of all
    There'll be parties for hosting
    Marshmallows for toasting
    And trick or treating out in the cold.
    There'll be scary ghost stories
    And tales of the glories of
    Norrath from long, long ago...
    ♫♫♪♩♬♫♫♪♩♬♫♫♪♩♬♫♫♪♩♬♫♫♪♩♬♫♫♪♩♬
    Oh, it's my most favorite time of year! The Festival of Shadows is in full swing and the spirits are returning to Norrath! Ghosts and goblins, tricks and treats - you'll find them all every which way you turn!
    I've only heard few rumors for the upcoming week ahead, so I know you're going to be asking, "But Ely! Where are all the folks who need help?!" Why, they're out enjoying the festivities, the same as you! Never fear, though, because I'll be able to pop in to visit with you all since I'm not going to be out hunting for gossip (or maybe I WILL be hunting gossip and just not letting on... SHH!)
    If you see ME (Elyshka Woggiefoot) or any of the other folks in our spooky costumed best, be sure to ask us for a copy of our notes on creepy creatures! (If you do come across anyone asking for help with a task, don't bother asking them as you'll only confuse the poor dears. Only Guides and those special guys called "Jim" has the notes for you. ...or was it "GM"? /em scratches head)
    I DID mention that I'd heard a couple of rumors though, didn't I? Well, here they be!
    • Friday, October 12th @ 9am - Everyone's favorite dwarf pulled his scarecrow out for the season and it seems that the mice have chewed him (the scarecrow, not Haldun) all to bits! Haldun's going to be visiting with Farmer Wolcott in Antonica to get some ideas on how to repair his favorite scarecrow, but perhaps you'll have an idea that can help him too?
    • Sunday, October 14th @ 4pm - A curious young ogress has decided that she absolutely HAS to see the festival decorations in the Qeynos Capitol District despite my warnings that she might not receive a warm reception from the locals.
    • Tuesday, October 16th @ 4pm - Merchants throughout Neriak have been up in arms over produce theft over the last week or so. It seems that they've got a little thief on their hands. They haven't noticed a collar on the little dragon, but he seemed well-fed, if a bit scrawny. I wonder what's got into the little guy?
    • Wednesday, October 17th @ 7pm (time change!!) - Inventor Tinkerspark (of the famed family of Tinkersparks, naturally) will be setting up in the New Combine Foothold camp in search of brave adventurers who haven't before assisted his family... Something about not wanting his brother, Gnewt, to have the upper hand in foiling his research or something. Anyhoo - if you haven't already set about the Withered Lands for the Tinkersparks, stop by and see about lending him a hand (or foot, if you're of the zombie persuasion. I don't judge.)

Now then! Just so that you're all aware, your favorite halfling (that's me!) will be traveling to a distant village next Thursday, October 18th, to attend a spooooooky harvest wedding (yay!) and will be gone until at least the following Monday night. I trust that Kellin, Koaoi, and the rest of the Crushbone crew will keep you all entertained in my absence. I expect you all to be on your very best behaviors and only pull off the VERY BEST tricks on them, lest you disappoint both me and Ol' Fizzlethorpe Furrytoes. *grins*
  19. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

Horatio, or there bouts is seeking bones, any type of bone to restore him back to life.
    If you in the area of Antoncia Docks about 8:00 AM PST -10 AM CST Oct 15th see if you can help this poor creature.

As always subject to change without notice due to real life
  20. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Oh, I've just gotten the most dreadful news! It seems that the Nerian merchants have captured the little dragon scamp and have transported him to some sort of kennel to be sold at auction.
    I guess the problem of the stolen produce has taken care of itself for now. Maybe he'll be purchased by a nice family somewhere with nicer neighbors.

I'll do my best to keep my ear to the ground for more gossip around Norrath!