Crushbone Happenings

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

If one happens to be in Butcherblock around 3:00 PM CST, 1:00 PM PST or 4:00 PM EST on one might find an old dwarf seeking aid in finding information on axes.

As always subject to change without notice due to real life and other creatures of the night
  3. ARCHIVED-Einadon Guest

*cross posted to both Crushbone threads for complete coverage*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Haulden glanced around the barn, dusting off his hands with a satisified experession.*
    "There three scarecrows with new suits and one patched up well enough to last another season! That'll keep the crows away!" After stashing the new scarecrow clothes into the storage for the next planting, he took one last look around the barn, "time for an ale I think!"
    But wait...what was this? More scarecrows? Where had these poor fellows come from?!
    With a sigh, Haulden slumped a bit... "Ahh I know just the thing! An ale and a goodnight sleep for a job in progress and then back out I'll go! Maybe I can find some more fine folk to help me out again..."
    Mumbling he set off toward the hold, mindful of the leaf piles the younglings were hiding in.

If you had some spare time on Thursday, October 27, around 11 am Pacific, you might find Haulden in New Halas. It appears he needs some help with one last fall chore.
  4. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

I want to thank Kellin for coming out tonight to the community lounge to give out the creepy creature catalog quest. I can just imagine how chaotic it must have felt given how many people were in the lounge.
  5. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

One has heard a dwarf from the Stormshield clan will be seeking brave souls to enter Kael Drakkel to prove their bravery. Time is 6:00 PM CST 4:00 PM PST

(note this is not a repeateable quest if you have ran it before you cannot again and as always due to change without notice dueto real life and other creatures of the night)
  6. ARCHIVED-Einadon Guest

Muttering to himself, a dwarf starts flipping through loose pages on a table. If examined closely, one would notice many types of hand-writing as well as crude and not-so crude drawings of axes.

"Where is it? I know I read it...now where'd that darn research go... Bah! I'm going to have to go out again!"

If you are interested in helping a dwarf do some research on his favorite weapon type... Look for him around 12 pm (noon) Pacific in the Butcherblock Mountains, today (11/2/2011).
  7. ARCHIVED-Einadon Guest

Dusting off his hands, Haulden stood back to admire his work. With all the donations of clothing, well the next year's scarecrows looked mighty fine indeed!
    Carefully latching the shed door, he muttered to himself, "now, now it be time for a fine drink! But what te have.... hmm."
    Eyeing about, he carefully made his way out of the hold and down to his own small home. Shutting the door behind him, he latched it, and after a moments pause - shoved a chair in front of it as well. Carefully checking that the shutters were still latched he turned, with a small grin and a rub of his hands, to the kitchen.
    Bending slightly, he moved a bag of flour, a small keg of Brell's, and then carefully pried the back of a painting from the side of his cabinet. Turning while in his crouch be reached into the small compartment and began to feel around.
    "Now I know I had me a few pints o' the one, and a small cask of the other. Time to taste the collection, see how it compares up to ours it is," he muttered.
    "What! Where's me brews? There's nothing here!" he yelped. Scrambling out from under the counter he grabbed a candle, for a better look, when he noticed a note pinned to the front of the painting.
    "Dear Haulden," it said, sitting down on the floor, Haulden read the note quickly. His face turned red, than a shade of purple. "Gah! Now I need ta go collect more of the brews before I can plan fer the next year! Or have a drink!"
    Tossing the note toward the fireplace, Haulden slide the chair aside and strode out into the fall air.

Keen-eyed shoppers may notice Haulden out and about looking to expand his collection of brews.

(Short notice) Wednesday, November 9, 3 pm Pacific, in New Halas.
    Thursday, November 10, 11 am Pacific, in Gorowyn.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

Rumor has it that a baby dragon is lost somewhere in New Halas, If you want to help check tomorrow -11-15-11 - about 3:00 PM CST 1:00 PM PST to see if you can help him find his way back home.
  9. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

UPDATE! Our scouts indicate that the Trolls must have gotten wind of our plan and have vanished from the area. Scraps of paper left around the abandoned campsite appear to be a map of New Halas. Judging by the clues left behind they're probably already on their way. We estimate that they should reach their new icy hideout this evening around 9pm PST. I just hope they don't get hungry on the way!

*gets on a step ladder and scratches out Avalonn with a stick and carefully pens Elyshka in curly script*
    Have you heard? Oh, it's TERRIBLE! A band of Halflings went to Darklight Wood in search of some special pies sold at the Wanderlust Fair but now they've gone missing!
    Rumor has it that a band of roving Trolls have been snapping up travelers left and right and adding them to their dinner pots!
    We're organizing a search party to go fetch them (brave souls every one of them I say!) - if you want to help, be near Wanderlust Fair (just outside, mind you - those Nerian guards are about as forgiving as the Trolls!) on Thursday, November 17th @ 5pm PST.
    We're hoping to catch those Trolls before dinner time if we can help it!
  10. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

Somewhere in North Qeynos a dwarf will be looking to add to his ale collection. One might check 11-21-11 about 6:00 PM CST, 4:00 PM PST to see if you can be of aid to the old fellow
  11. ARCHIVED-Kreigir Guest

My Greetings to you all, I’m Guide Kriegir, and I would like to invite you all to our event planned on Thanksgiving day. Come celebrate with the Guides at the Thundering Steppes Aether Racing Event at 12-6pm PST.

Hope to see you there, and Happy Thanksgiving from us guides to you.

-Guide Kriegir
    Crushbone Server
  12. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

Kreigir wrote:
    Thank you so much for running this event! I was able to get a green disk for a few of my characters and really enjoyed the races! We appreciate all your hard work!
  13. ARCHIVED-Einadon Guest

A Maj'Dul fortune teller gazes into her crystal ball, one hand to her forehead.

"Hmm I see a bard... oh the poor girl, what did she do to that book? She's going to need help fixing that! Lets see, that looks like the Frostfang Sea, awfully cold there... Hmm and around dinner time from the looks of that chap at the fire."
    Jotting down her vision, the fortune teller stuck her head outside her tent gesturing for one of the children to come over. Pressing a small coin into one hand and the note into the other she sent the boy off.
    The note, should you happen to come across is reads as follows:
    1 Unhappy bard, Frostfang Sea docks, 5 pm Pacific, 12/1/11. Something, I think, about repairing a song book?
  14. ARCHIVED-Einadon Guest

*Chianix bolted into the bakery, startling her Mum who disappeared in a POOF of flour*
    "Mum! Mum have you heard?!" she said excitedly, waving a flier around.
    "Heard what? And what I have I said about slamming through that door!"
    "The Snowpeople Mum! I don't know all the details, but they're going to tell their stories! Some in the Frostfell Village but rumor has it even around our towns!"
    A slightly white coated face appeared from the cloud of flour, "Snowpeople you say... we'll need... hmm hot chocolate for the village days... Almond cookies in the right shape... Hmmm, where's my quill, I need to write this down!"
    "But there's more! Mum you haven't heard all of the details yet!" Chianix said following her Mum into the backroom.

A bemused bakery assistant slid the notice toward her.

"Here ye, here ye! The Snow Historians and Council have given Snowpersons, with an interest, permission to speak with the warm-blooded about Snowpersons and their ancient stories.
    Snowpersons, with an interest, have also been given permission to make copies of this biological information as well as historical tales to interested warm-blooded persons with the proper materials.
    Each tale will be told multiple times so that all may hear it, check back on various notice boards for updated times and days.
    The first telling will be Monday, December 12th, at 3 pm Pacific in Frostfell Village. If the Village becomes over-crowded the story-telling will move and announcements will be made at that time."
    "Well I'll be," said the assistant. "I think I'll take Monday off. And go see that Sage girl down the street, I've always liked a good story and this way I can choose the cover!"
  15. ARCHIVED-Einadon Guest

You see a Gigglegibber dart away out of the corner of your eye. Being the curious sort you meander over to the wall and take a look.

"Hear ye, hear ye! The Snowperson is returning to the Frostfell Village to introduce us to her people and tell a tale! If you were able to hear her at the first visit, thank you for being a fine audience! This will be the same story but you are all welcome to come again!"
    Heavy black ink cross crosses the rest of the nicely written announcement. In rough printing you can make out a bit more and two dates.

"Hear snow-talkie lady speak next to glowing fruitcake, get pretty robe-things. You bringie blank books, she makee copy of story and/or facts!
    Thursday, December 15, at 11 am Pacific in Frostfell Village.
    Saturday, December 17, at 6 pm Pacific in Frostfell Village.

Disclaimer: I am in no way able to control the patch/update that is predicted to take an hour in the morning. If things go as expected we'll be starting on time. If Murphy interferes, look here for updated information
    Update:
    Heya! Just to clear somethings up and avoid confusion on Saturday, I thought I'd toss a wee bit of information up here. Everyone who comes to hear the Snowperson, gets a gift for attending! If you can only stay for a little, you only catch the end, you had to leave in the middle. It's all good.
    Now, thanks to special permissions, in addition to her normal gift, if you bring the Snowperson a player-written book she can make a copy of the story or Snowperson facts for you. This is NOT REQUIRED for any sort of quest update.
    I have been asked to pass on Snoworchid's many thanks to those who have attended her first two tellings and those who brought extra books. You have all been great audiences and have been a true boost to her Frostfell spirit.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

If your wanting to look your best for Frostfell then seek out Sneu in Qeynos Harbor around 6:00 PM CST, 4:00 PM PST 7:00 PM EST for aid.

As always subject due to change without notice due to real life :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Einadon Guest

Chianix, pitching in at the shop during the busy Frostfell season, was quietly listening to a group of halflings chatter. In Qeynos for the shopping, bristleberry-jumjum pies don't bake themselves you know, they had stopped by for a round of sconces and tea.

The younger two of the group were discussing a performace they hoped to catch before catching the evening boat back to the Enchanted Lands.
    "I heard Blumrup has put a new band together!" said one.
    "Bah," replied the other, "I heard he doesn't even have drums for the drummer! What sort of band is that?!" said the second.
    "Oh! I heard he's got that all figured out, going to do a bit of last minute crafting and tada! Drums and stools for all. See, he even put up a notice in this tea shop!" she said, gesturing to the notice on the wall.

Don't believe musicians can craft? Bah! That's just bards for ya! Come watch me at work! Wednesday, December 21, at 3 pm Pacific near the Commonlands Docks!
  18. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

Tommorrow on the Thundering Steppes dock a young halfing will be seeking aid in gathering items for her cooking.
    She will be on about 3:00 P CST 1:00 PM PST and 4:00 PM EST

as always subject due to change without notice due to real like etc etc
  19. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

Place: Butcherblock Mts
    Time 6:00 PM CST, 4:00 PM PST
    A certain dwarve is looking for brave souls in his quest for axes, if you happen to be one of the brave look him up

As always subject due to change without notice due to real life
  20. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

Somewhere in Frostfang Sea a dwarf will be found looking for aid in her research in Fungoids.
    She will be around 01-16-12 about 6:00 PM CST 4:00 PM PST 7:00 PM EST

As always subject due to change without notice to real life taking over