Crafting a depot ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no Geroblue was talking about sales crats when I was talking about those people that have to much time on their hand and have hundreds of alts.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was talking about depots. I don't have any sales crates, nothing to sell.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know , ... , well I did not know that , but this tread went from depots to alts to sales crates .
    You know how a conversation get's sometimes kidnapped and draged into a different direction .
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes only one of each crafted depot in your house but you can purchase marketplace depots and put them in your home as well as the crafted ones.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

not a problem. I get more confused than other folks in here.

I did get the 'weak' crafting work bench and one other from the City Merchant in Qeynos.

Not sure what is meant by earlier posts about first line, second line.

Second line to me are the folks who march after the official end of a Mardis Gras Krewe parade.

So please explain. Thanks.
    Breanna, Schmetterling and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When you are crafting, you have 4 lines to complete when you use the tables in town. When you buy tables for your home, there are simple tables and elaborate tables. The simple tables only allow you to complete one or two lines. The elaborate tables, allow you to complete all 4 lines. So if you want to craft a complete item such as a bear hide backpack in your home, you will need to have an elaborate loom.

For tinkering and adorning, you can use a simple workbench as you only have to complete one or two lines to get the credit for a completed item.
    Breanna, Tkia, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

One or two line what ?
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Crafting progress lines. In the crafting window.

Edit: Can someone upload an image so Gero can see what we mean?
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

I suspect this may need to come from someone with the default interface to show the 4 separate bars. My minimal interface shows as a single bar with 3 dividing lines so not obvious if you don't already know what we mean. Then again maybe his interface doesn't display it as 4 bars either, hence the confusion?

Gero, which interface are you using?
    Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

DarqUI is the one I use.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

Hmm, I can't find an image of what that looks like. Here is a sample of the default: https://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/full6029.jpg.
    For a completed product you normally have to fill all 4 of those green porgress bars. On a simple workstation you only have the first one so you can finish in a quarter of the time and in tinkering even the first bar gives a completed product.
    Your interface might display this as a single bar divided into 4 sections (as mine does). If you use a simple workstation you should see that the dividing lines in the bar go away.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, I see those when I craft something. All 4 lines are there. So for the simple workbench I'll see just 1 line.

Got it.

If anyone had said 'the lines you see with the green and blue on each one that happens when you craft' or some verbiage similar, I would have understood sooner.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay chorus ! Are you ready ?!

'Ready ! ready ready. I'm not'.

Anyway, a one and a two.

"Deck the halls with copper pieces !"

What page are you on ?

"25 ! 27 ! I'm lost..."

Well, anyway, I got character made depots on Maj'Dul and Skyfire. Didn't buy the rares. Good grief those things are expensive.

Whew. Anyway, I have a selection of depots on two accounts, and two different servers.

Those rares don't show up much in the gathering pony, one or two when I needed 3 or more.

Went out there and harvested. Good thing both characters had harvest tracker.

I think its time for a nap.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the reason the depots are so expensive - they take multiple rares for each one. Those rares aren't cheap BECAUSE they're used to create the depots, so even though that tier is technically outdated, the rares are not.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I noticed some of them the recipes say I need 2, but I cannot make the depot unless I have 3 of the rares.

karborite cluster and I think ultheran diamond are them.