Crafting a depot ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Katz Well-Known Member

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Tinkering_Recipes
    You can see the list of recipes there. Scroll down to tinkering skill 445 to see the depots. The list is a bit out of date because it lists the small harvesting depot. I logged onto my tinkering character and the depots are all 445.
    Edit: I was posting this while you were answering your own question but you might still be interested in the recipe list.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

When crafting to increase tinkering, you do not have to fully craft the item to increase your level. Instead of going all the way to the end of the 4th line, so long as you click over fully into the second line, you can cancel the craft and still get both the completed item and it will count towards levelling. Makes the process a LOT quicker.
    Tkia, Rosyposy, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Tinkering, Adorning, and Transmuting do not level the same way as the other tradeskills, they level like your adventure skills. So every level of tinkering is 5 skill points. So with that bauble that gives you 100 tinkering you will have 500 skill points (100 x 5). So you would be able to craft the depots.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay. I can justify to myself spending the $26.xx once.

Thank you.

Have to make sure the character stays available, so it will be on an account with only 2 characters.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Good grief, I almost conflated different accounts together. No biggie. I probably need a break from looking at spreadsheets.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I thought the sale ended on Oct 1, but it ended today September 30.

My f2p account, where I have only 2 characters, is where I was putting the tinker ability. I logged out of there and logged into my all access account, and its no sale there either.

So making my f2p account all access wont help, just 10% off. But the total cost would be $41.49 instead of $35.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, my mistake. It ended at noon on Sept 30, Pacific time zone.

Maybe next sale.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok Geroblue there are some quests for tinkering , but those come much later but another good way to level up tinkering is
    by using the tinker fest recipes to bad it won't come around til next year
    But like the others said , do the dailies and craft stuff from the recipes you can buy and the ones that drop of mobs
    Some of the items on the way to the depots are also useful . well not anything to say about this besides maybe
    HAPPY TINKERING
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

If you have the money and status the easiest way to do this is to buy a simple workbench from the city merchants and place it in your house. That one only allows you to craft the first bar and makes levelling tinkering much faster. Just don't use it for anything else!

Also bear in mind that only crafting to the first bar will require more materials than normal so do plenty of mining before you start. And when deciding where to put your tinkerer character be aware that a lot of the more useful recipes are either no trade or can't actually be used by someone who is not a tinkerer of appropriate level. Depots in particular are no trade, so the tinker will need trustee house access to place them for other characters.
    Breanna, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the depots can most definitely be traded , you can buy them on the broker and nowadays the only thing non tinkerers can't use is the repair bot . I don't know of any others . the rules have been relaxed a lot .
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll check into Tinkering as time goes by this fall. I have a few other projects keeping me busy.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea just take it slow Geroblue and if you only do the daily quest you be surprised how far you get by the time you want to invest more time. do all 3 of the quests Tinkering , Adorning, and Transmuting those quests scale with your crafting level
    and give you nice xp for those toons you don't have a max level crafting yet .
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have some recipe drops, on some characters, for those 3 skills.

edit:

Almost forgot. I have depots on both Maj'Dul and Skyfire, in either a dojo or a prestige house.

And an Inn room.

So, I just need to log in and make all of my characters trustees for all of those locations, put in portals, and hopefully my spreadsheets are up to date enough that I don't forget some of the characters, etc.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Schmetterling like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I sell depots on AB and have for about 6 years now, I sell at least 30 per day, so I know those are tradeable. The repair bots can be sold as well, but only someone with the tinkering skill high enough to craft them can use them.
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Kittybock like this.
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

The real question: When will DBG start selling an in-game spreadsheet tool on the Marketplace? That would be a huge relief on the login servers, as Mr. Altaholic is flipping through all 27 alts, trying to find an item ;)

I've run into some serious altaholics over the years. :D
    JanEQ, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  16. JanEQ Active Member

Hmm. I have no idea who you think might be an altaholic … :rolleyes:
    Kittybock, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

Ok, I double checked. It's the old small sized personal ones that you can't make any more that are no trade. I knew I'd spent a lot of time running around placing them in other people's houses!
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea somewhere was a post of this guy who has like 400 or more
    o yea its on a thread about somebody asking how many sales carts he can put into a SC prestige home .
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, you can only put one of each depot in a prestige house. I tried, it said no.

Anyway, several hours after my previous post on this subject, all characters, except one who is locked out due to being third chanracter on a currently f2p account, have become trustees for all Inns, dojos, and prestige houses for characters on the same server.

Whew, I am tired.

And 28 loyalty tokens for my one evil character's conversion to good. Just 22 left to go.
  20. Balcerak Well-Known Member