Crafting a depot ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I looked on the wiki and it says 445 skill to craft a depot. My best is... 30 crafting skill.

Which crafting skill is needed to make depots ?

Thanks.

( Yes, I know some of you want to give them to me, but I want to progress upwards and onwards. )
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Depots are crafted using Tinkering. It is a secondary skill that any toon can learn.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

hmm.. conflicting info on this page: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Tinkered_Personal_Harvest_Depot ("No tinkering skill is required to use it" and "Tinkerer-crafted using a level 445". And https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Blueprint:_Personal_Harvest_Depot - we read: "The Item, .. referred to by this page has been removed from EverQuest II" What's it mean?
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Tinkering. Okay, I'll check with the tinkerers.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Picked two characters at random. Had to get gather some of the materials. Anyway. Quickly got to Tinkering 6. Just need Tinkering 20 for the next recipe book. Didn't notice any tinkering quests at the tinker station in Qeynos. I'll check in the other zones later in the week.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

See Londiar Inygad in any city crafting area for adorning, tinkering and transmuting dailies. That is the easiest way I've found to level up those skills.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Well, that’s not entirely true. Yes, it’s true that you need to visit him every day. But still, by fulfilling Londiar's tasks, it will take a long time to raise this skill. You just need to buy recipes for tinkering in Gnomeland Security Headquarters (Steamfont) and/or Butcherblock Docks timely. And making some specific items by them. By continuously making items according to recipes, you can increase level to desired value literally within day or two days (only you can get very tired yourself). Londiar is nevertheless for gradual increase in skill. In addition at some stage it will be more expensive to increase skill from Londiar than according to recipes since fuel will be more expensive for everyday tasks while making things of lower levels according to recipes it will be noticeably inexpensive and this be have even better for progress in skill
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

This also depends if you have harvested everything for each tier and/or have a guild hall with the resources for you to do this, otherwise the daily visit is a cheap way if your still starting out and low lvl.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

For basic tinkering recipes, see the tinkering trainer at Butcherblock Docks (may be in other places, but I know that one is there). Other recipes are drops from mobs - the depot recipe is one such. But they can be bought reasonably cheaply (server-dependent, of course) on the broker.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

With a little patience, you can reach level 100 crafting by only doing his daily quests. I reached level 100 in about 1.5 months, with 13 hours, 28 minutes of game play. Some of that was also just playing the game.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting I have a 110/110 crafting character on one sever. But I don't remember off hand if that includes tinkering. Got there via the mid-price CD expac.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Tinkering and adorning are separate skills, and do not get boosted with the 110/110 bauble. They have to be levelled the long way.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Tinkering, adorning, and transmuting are not leveled up with the expansion bauble, but they are leveled up with the marketplace bauble.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

So if I buy a Markey place 110 crafting bauble, I get the tinkering up ?
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Carynn Well-Known Member

No. It's not included in the tradeskill bauble. You have to level up the long way, by crafting/crafting trainer.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's not included with the baubles that came/come with the expansion, however, it does level up the secondary skills if you purchase the bauble from the marketplace. I don't know if it's the tradeskill one or the adventure one or both that level up the skills, but one of them definitely does it.

It's important that I repeat it's the bauble directly purchased from the marketplace and not the ones granted from purchase of expansion.

Edit to add : Not sure why the bauble doesn't clearly state that it has those skills included, it would make for a great buying incentive to some folks.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

@dreamweaver Please help with this. Which item from Marketplace gives Tinkering skill up ? Thanks.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, the 110 level boost that comes with the currently $17.49 expac doesn't increase Tinkering.

There is a bauble in Marketplace, currently on sale for $26.50, that does give a boost to Tradeskills including Tinkering.

But what Tinkering level is needed to make a depot ?

Kinda like to know before I spend the money.
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

I didn't notice that anyone had posted an answer to this. It was so long ago I don't recall the exact history of it, but we used to be able to craft a small harvesting depot that we no longer can craft. Instead, we can only craft the larger depot.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The Tradeskill bauble gets a character to 110 and includes Tinkering.

Blueprints/recipes for Depot tinkering are at 445 Tradeskill. Still a long way to go.

Costs of depots is higher on Skyfire than Maj'Dul. The tradeskill depot, personal, is currently more plat than I have on my characters most accounts. Some depots are selling for over 6,000 plat. Thousands not 6.

Don't think I'll be spending the cash then. Baubl;e only gets me a quarter of the way there. I'll check my characters' inventory as time goes by and see what they have in the way of drops.

And see about increasing my Tinkering skills.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.