Contested H3 Spawn Timers

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Zhevally, May 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Groups like yours were already trampling over groups in contested on my server. Not my group specifically but I watched it happen to other groups. It is not happening any more than it was before the change.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Im sure youre the exception. On the off chance it hasnt happened because youve somehow got some super group in your serves number 8 ranked guild, its going to happen. More people will finish the achievements, more people will be looking to keep their buff going, and they'll be doing it at all hours of the day and night.

Its getting really old trying to explain to you how this all works. Somebody has never been on a contested avatar call list and it shows.
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

People trying to keep their buff going only need to kill 1 mob, there's 6 in a zone....get your whole raid in to refresh their buff and you pop a new zone which has more mobs than you need to refresh your buff.

My group chooses to leave and go kill something else instead of taking a mob another group is clearing to. That's our choice. Other groups choose to do different things.

The only thing that has happened with the change is the groups trampling over other groups no longer get to go to 4 afterwards to go kill 6 more mobs after their shenagians in 1. It did not change that there was shenagains occurring
  4. Froakin Member

Adding to my earlier feedback, I feel like there are flaws with both systems we've seen employed (holding zones until server down, and Varsoon kick).

Shunting people out of zones entirely feels like a step in the wrong direction. I'd insert an another game analogy here, but I am afraid the wrong lesson would be learned and do not want to knowingly provide information that may make the situation worse. I will say that there are pros to cons to allowing people to hold open more zones. One pro is it gave people with ready access to those zones more options and the opportunity to live and let live by peacing out elsewhere. One con is, those without ready access to those zones did not get any primary benefit. They do not have access to the zone so do not have steady access to the mobs around their spawn window. Only the secondary benefit that more altruistic or non confrontational groups had the option to leave them alone and allow them to get more contested kills, and might do so giving the choice.

But I don't think the current system works that well given the limited number of mobs and the limited time window to enter a new instanced. I don't believe closing off access to a new zone within moments of the base zone dropping below the magical threshold (which appears to be 24) is right either. Essentially, this means that if one person gets in there first and no one else joins the zone after, they effectively still have that zone to themselves since more adventurers cannot easily join unless that first group invites them. The zone is also not being "Contested." One Pro is, you might see more mobs, depending if the stars align and you get in there before the check says naa, not enough people to support a new zone. One con is the same thing, if you weren't in there in the small window, or you aren't a fast clicker, you don't get a shot.

Personally, I wish they would remove the Varsoon system entirely, but if they won't do that, then I wish they would make it so if any version is open at all, anyone can enter it, regardless of how many people are in any particular version (up to the hard player cap limit, of course). If there are 7 zones each with 1 person in it, should see all 7.

If this is not possible, I would like to see a larger grace period, say, 15 minutes, of a new zone spinning up for people to get inside, rather than whoever gets in before the base zone drops low again. If a new zone spins up, there should be more opportunity for than a handful of players to get inside before the game is like, nope, not needed anymore. DENIED. Don't think the fastest mouse wins in the spirit of the system that makes more instances heh.

If neither of those is possible, would like to see a reduction in the number of players it takes to spin up a new zone. I believe there is a mid to strong consensus that there simply aren't enough H3 contested bosses to support more than a single group. Yet it takes 4 groups of players to spin up a new zone. I feel the same way about solo content and H1 content btw. There isn't really enough of that to support multiple groups running at the same time.

To me, it feels like they had an idea, that there would be some people soloing, some doing h1, a majority doing h2, and some high end people doing h3. I feel a lot of the friction arises when this balance if thrown off. If the zone fills up with people with people trying to do one type of available content, and the current solutions do not seem adequate to resolve the core issue.

If you read through all this, damn lol. Thanks! I feel like the big issue is that people will never be "finished" with this GU. Even those who somehow got every CBOC item they wanted, all the purple shinies, all quests, all kills, all 455 bonus items, etc, will still have to come back to top off the tank. And from what I've seen, groups topping off the tank don't just kill 1 mob and say screw it. They kill every mob they can find trying to get that min/max. So, unless your entire group is somehow done with everything, or enough of them do not give a flying spaghetti noodle, they are just going to continue to mow things down.

Personally, all I have left is 1 CBOC item, and some purples. I don't really care if my alts get all the ****, but hey if we're killing the stuff, and no one in guild is online that might need, I'll roll for an alt. Already there, already got the group, and we're basically glorified murder hobos. Might as well play into that.

P.S. My personal favorite solution would just be to allow an instanced version of contested that does not respawn and has like an 18 or 72 hour lockout or something (not RNG, just like, pick something lol). Maybe put it on a bounty system you get access from somewhere if you have the item. That way could keep a mob or two up to help with refreshes, or some extra if you need to rebuild stacks. But, while I enjoy dreaming of pipes, I realize that one will probably never happen.
    Priority likes this.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Yea, folks ONLY play during raids. I couldn't possibly want to log in and do something besides raid or kill 1 mob in a contested. There aren't weekly quests, harvesting, solos, CBOC chase items in the contesteds. You're out of your depth and pushing to keep a change that negatively impacts a growing portion of the playerbase.

"For the people, for their own good, under my terms." Right?
  6. Accendo Guest

This thread has been locked due it becoming unconstructive.
    Zhevally likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.