Contested H3 Spawn Timers

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Zhevally, May 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Joining in on what Priority said. In the past, if we saw another group in the Takish Archive area, we would skip it and let them have the names. The reason we could do this is because we had extra zones open and could obtain our stacks in those areas. Now, sorry, but we can't extend that courtesy. Which is too bad, but it is where things are.

Zhev, your premise of more mobs available in less instances is factually invalid - 18 (or 24 nameds up if we have 4 zones open) versus 12 - See Math. Also, realize we are trying to get increments for 24 raid members not the one group you are trying to get increments for.
    Priority, Scrappyz and Aumarea like this.
  2. Aumarea New Member

The question I have is why more people didn't hold zones open? There hasn't been some code implemented saying only this toon or that toon can hold a zone open - until this change was implemented, it was a very simple way to ensure that more instances were open, rather than standing by the portal and constantly clicking to see if a new one was available. No one had a lockdown on keeping instances open, anyone could do it. Also, when I was doing it, if someone asked me for a raid invite to switch zones I was always happy to supply the help, regardless of guild affiliation. That included people who wanted to move a camper into one of the other instances. Sorry but there were more mobs up and available to kill when this was able to be done.
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I said there are more mobs available for most people. When mobs are up when we hit the threshold for a new zone that is more mobs for the people not holding zones. (Before anytime we first hit the treshold, after hours of being well below it, for a new zone there would not be mobs up in the new zone due to whatever guild had held it open with a single toon. Now there is always mobs up when we hit the threshold.) It's funny cause I was expecting the change to be entirely non-impactful to me since I wasn't holding zones open, but now that I've seen it play out I'm enjoying always having mobs up once we cross the threshold for a new zone.

Getting stacks for a raid is easy, because if all 24 people zone in, you'll hit the threshold for a new instance and now have 6 mobs to go split between your 24 people.
  4. Zhevally Well-Known Member

There are more mobs available to me, because the mobs in 1 are just as available to me as there were before. But now I also can kill mobs in 2 or 3, when we hit the threshold to spawn them cause they were not already killed by a guild using 4 instances when there were only like 15 people total in contested.

The gas station analogy really doesn't hold well, because gas stations let everyone go there. They don't require you to leave a friend with them all the time for you to have access.

Now I still think they should just put all the instances on the door, and if they did then your analogy would hold. But while instances are not on the door unless there is enough people in the lower ones, it simply doesn't.
  5. Swivel New Member

Honestly by you reducing the spawn time or the amount of zones that can be opened, You're just hindering a bunch of other players who have been waiting around to get the mobs killed. Now we need to watch her back because we have some ********* who want to jump in front of us when we kill all the way up to the boss. So now you've created the complication of resentment and anger towards other guilds and other people because of the changes that you're making. Good way to lose people in this game because now it's going to become a back and forth battle. And for those who really don't give a s*** and have been jumping in front of other people to get the kill first. You're just straight up trash.
  6. Priority Well-Known Member

There aren't more available to you simply because I can't go to a higher instance. I'm coming to the same instance you've veen running in with my T4 raid gear and full P2W group smoking you on kill speed and efficiency.

On the off chance I can't beat you to a named, I'm gonna make you pull 3-4 groups of trash with that named or you're losing it. Then I'll just bank on you making mistakes or not being able to handle the pressure.

I promise you, this will hurt you in the long run more than me.
  7. Bentenn Well-Known Member

You have them up because most of us have our buffs and don't log in... promise if we wanted to kill all 18 before your raid we could.. but that's being spiteful and we won't. We're simply just trying to say there was no fault with us holding open 1-5 zones..most of us would zone into 5 hit our refresh and and be done.. we wouldnt' clear all 5 instances unless it was after raids late at night and we were just hanging out farming.
    The buff being what it is, is super annoying honestly at this point and has created LESS grouping. I used to just pug to pug for quest updates, but you can't find a main around lol.. way to go @kandar@chrol@devs period..
    Aumarea likes this.
  8. Zhevally Well-Known Member

People were farming them in all instances after tuesday's update, presumably for the shinies. If you don't want to be killing stuff then it doesn't impact you. The people just getting the one kill needed to maintain a buff really isn't that big a deal, because its one kill every 4 hours(to be 8 hours with next patch) and with the newer respawn timers mobs respawn more often than that.
  9. Zhevally Well-Known Member

It doesn't hurt me. The guild on my server that were running in the higher instances were also running in 1 and 2....I have just as much competition with them as before............The only difference is those guilds can no longer also go and kill in 4 afterwards if there's not enough people for 4 to be up. It benefits me slightly cause I can now race for mobs in the new instances as well when we hit the threshold since the mobs will be up then, but there is no change in the competition for mobs in instance one on my server since the change.
  10. Zhevally Well-Known Member

They definitely do seem to sometimes be up more often/faster, but sometimes still take a while to respawn. I would still love to see the high end of the respawn timer dropped a little bit to help out there.
  11. Bentenn Well-Known Member

but it does impact me.. I'm usually the one holding the 4,5 open so our raiders could go in and get their buffs lol and leave the rest alone..

Yes the shinies that were tradeable and now no trade for this garbage POS neck is what is causing all the super hype, but us not being able to keep instances open also is a PITA because we simply can't log in whenever knowing that we can go to a 4 or 5 to refresh our buff. Now we all just stay logged out lol, which in turn leads to you having more mobs up in 1,2 or even 3 when it's up. As we all above have said though, if it were to just be left alone, it would just have been that much easier, but they don't care and its just the way it is.
    Aumarea and Scrappyz like this.
  12. Zhevally Well-Known Member

If you all log in there will be mobs up because you will push a new instance and can go there for kills. It's contested. The point of contested was never to go hide out in your own instance no one else can get into.
    It was causing issues for guilds trying to farm or get first kills on Maj the old way, because the same guilds hiding out in 4 and 5 were also killing everything in the lower instances. So having mobs up on hitting the threshold is a huge benefit. You can see when a new instance is about to pop and then know you'll have mobs to kill, if someone already killed the ones in 1.
  13. Priority Well-Known Member

It's cute you think you're racing top tier guilds. You're not even the pace car. Enjoy watching others kill mobs you were clearing to
  14. Zhevally Well-Known Member

We've been killing slightly more h3 mobs since the change cause we can get them when the new instance pops. So yeah I'm watching just as much as before of those guilds killing the mobs I would love to kill, and its not a big deal cause can just wait for them to respawn while we go pull a different mob, same as we did before the change. You have to understand that one the server I'm on the same guilds who were clearing in 3 and 4 when they were NOT supposed to be up, were stilll killing everything in 1 and 2 so there's been no changes to how much those guilds are racing us for mobs in contested
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

Imagine advocating to get dunked on in contesteds as if you're competition.

Its ok. I have zero qualms about walking over you, or training you to force a wipe. Contested being the operable word and apparently what you want. Put yourself between me and my progression and I'll go through you like youre any other named.
  16. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I'm not advocating to get dunked on, but we do just fine in contested. However it is contested and we should not be advocating for contested to actually be go hold a zone on to have just for yourself and no one else, cause that is not contested.

I'm just waiting till we get an achievment for killing two nameds at once cause that was fun. We kill named with so much trash on us all the time, its fine. We also play nice with other people, cause its easy enough to pop another instance if there's already one group in killing and you are a full group, getting to the next threshold isn't hard.
  17. Priority Well-Known Member

Hold on. So, you're saying you can just go pop your own uncontested zone for yourself when you find the mobs contested, but others doing the same thing isn't allowed? Do you actually hear your lack of logic or is this a troll?
  18. Zhevally Well-Known Member

That's not what I said. When we hit the threshold usually multiple people zone into the new zone.

Which is different than holding instead 5 up to get into when there's only 12 people online and only supposed to be one instnace up.
  19. Priority Well-Known Member

It's literally the same thing. You're artificially boosting the number of players in a zone to spawn your own instance and immediately removing access to your zone when you enter yhe new one.

I move to force players to locked to an instance for 2 hours upon zoning in and not being allowed to move to another instance. Thats seems like it should meet your requirements for contested.
  20. Zhevally Well-Known Member

How am I artificially boosting the number of players by waiting till the new instance spawns and moving over? I'm not bringing more people into the zone to hit the threshold, juts moving when the threshold is crossed.
    Just pointed out that its easy to cross the threshold if there's 2 groups killing h3 cause there's almost always solos or crafters running around too so the threshold gets hit pretty easily.

I just don't think we should be getting around the intended amount of access to mobs by being able to hold extra zones open(same thing when people could exploit timers to run zones with lockouts more often by clearing the minimum timer thing). I'm all for pushing for more access to mobs for everyone(so lower threshold/faster respawns) but don't think we should be pushing for contested to allow us to keep zones to ourself to not have to share and deal with the contested part of contested.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.