Contested H3 Spawn Timers

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Zhevally, May 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Priority Well-Known Member

What do you imagine happens when the 20 player threshold is crossed in instance 1 and 6 people leave zone to go to 2?

What do you imagine happens when 20 people threshold is crossed in instance 2 and 6 people pop to 3?

Precisely what you're saying shouldn't be allowed. Holding the zone open bypasses that requirement and allowed guilds to easily cycle players in to refresh a buff with no impact to the general population.

We should be pushing to make this game more accessible rather than less by screwing people over who need gear/quest updates but arent able to keep up.

Why this is lost on you is beyond me. I dont want to spend 45 minutes clearing t3 in the contested, but I'm 100% going to as long as this silly block is in place and that means less mobs for everybody else because I'm not losing my buff to play nice with folks I only see in passing on the server general chat.
    FuRiouSOne likes this.
  2. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I've said multiple times I think instances should stay on the door because of that. But still if the intention is there is supposed be 24 people before we have instance 2, then that's what it should be.

I 100% aggree we should make the game more accessible, by things like reducing respawn timers. Letting guilds who hold instances open have extra mobs they can go kill after killing the ones in 1, when no one else cna get there, does nothing to help the guilds not holding instances open. If your server wasn't having the guilds holding instances open killing the other mobs for shinies after the tuesday update, then good for you all I guess, but that was not the case on every server.
    Shiny hype seemed to die down after the reward was discoed at least.

If all you want to do is maintain the buff, go spend not even 10 minutes to get your 1 kill before or after raid...like that's all you have to do, you don't have to spend 45 minutes clearing the t3, just go kill 1 mob and you are good.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

So many responses you're ill equipped to deal with. I remember a time when pull first or **** was the common response. If you want toxicity, I'm sure there are plenty of old timers that would be more than happy to give you "contested".

Training, leap frogging, general shenanigans in the middle of your pull. Lots of things that "contested" really means
  4. Zhevally Well-Known Member

If you want to go be a jerk in contested, then you do you I guess. None of that will really impact me. All of that stuff was happening before the change already. Some of it is literally against the code of conduct. Some people will always do that sort of stuff, some people won't....it is what it is.

If someone wants to come dump mobs on me, we'll continue to kill with the extra mobs. We've already accidently discovered we can fight two nameds at once without dying. We've fought mobs with plenty of trash on us.
    I'll continue to have my fun.
  5. Tupperbeast Active Member

On Thurgadin we have the trouble always the same group farm the H3`s Named in a loop, the guys park toons near the zone. And sell the stuff if this Realität of a MMO so DB have make many wrong. Why have make a DB a Contest Zone and not a new Challenge Zone? Without selling loots ! Other Point is DB can make a awesome Fix for this guys they can kill for 8 hours the nameds again in all zones like Amatheon is. So will stop SLR a bit too. And sorry to say this peeps always the same Russia peoples who make Prices in Broker too for Shinys. Db should look around on all Servers and check for a plan to stop it.
  6. Shunio Member

yes and it's getting worse, the services for kronos are also sold, I think it's no go, should be prevented, will it come to that that the platinum will be sold for euros, it's sad in which direction the game is going, it's not the point that this is done, there should be a 6-hour timer after the kill account with the bosses and the kronos will not trade
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

You've got all the answers, always. Yet couldn't figure out how to leave an alt in an open instance. Go figure.
  8. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Maybe I just understand because I can do something doesn't mean I should. There's a lot of stuff you can do in this game; doesn't always mean it's what should be happening.
  9. Priority Well-Known Member

Think your controlling nature is getting in the way of logic. Your moral compass doesn't dictate right and wrong.

In fact, leaving an alt to hold a zone open has been a thing since 2007. It was perfectly acceptable by the devs and playerbase at the time.

Who you think you are to tell me or others how we can and can't play is beyond me.
  10. Froakin Member

Zhev left their main in an open instanced. Basically the same thing. At least until they got sent to Varsoon jail from instanced number 3.
  11. Froakin Member

In regards to the changes after experiencing them for a longer period of time, I can't say my original assessment has been swayed much. Not a fan. It still feels like "the only winning move is not to play" this game heh. From personal experience, most people I interact with are staying logged out or hiding on alts until groups are formed, and then logging out immediately once the groups are done, h3 contested or not.

Instead of the common practice being to say, log in and ask in guild/friends, shifted to asking in discord/forums/whatever method you use to communicate/organize and then have the group ready to go. Whether or not that's healthy for the game isn't really a judgment call of mine to make, since I just hang out on an alt people recognize anyway, use discord actively, and tend to communicate mostly with people who do the same. Does make it harder for the people who's primary method of getting groups is the lfg channel/other in game methods, so felt like it was worth mentioning.

Do kind of wish EQ2 had a system similar to EQ1, where certain zones were flagged to not have most (but not all) buffs decay. So it would potentially make it so you can be online and somewhat active (like in your house or the guild hall) but still keeping the buff timer healthy. Doubt anything like that will make its way here. Sounds like more dev time than is being invested into player convenience.

I don't doubt the extension to 8 hours will temporarily alleviate the problem, as well as the ability to swap zones instances without zoning out (fixing a potential problem the new instanced potentially spinning down if you were right on the border of a new one spawning and zone went down to 23 or so because you and others left to try and get a new one).

Again, there are "optimal" ways to extend the buff forever, but they are exceptionally limiting on the players agency, as regaining 10 stacks of obviously more difficult than regaining one. Did a respec Sunday morning, mostly because been meaning to, and partly to test if that did eat all stacks like rumored. It did. So, can confirm that any time you want to respec, you will need to build a fresh set of 10 stacks. With ADC requirements being particularly high in T4/5 raids, can see people having to eat up more stacks because they will need to respec to satisfy the T4/T5 requirements. (that's partly an issue with how high the ADC is, and you could make the case for that, I'm just here saying it will also affect how often people need to refresh and how many they need to kill).
    I will probably want to respec more as I get more familiar with what I will typically have in raids, and as I get new gear to cover my weaknesses. Each of these will require 10 more mobs each time I do it. I don't believe I am the only person who will still want to respec, and will just seek out at least 10 additional kills each time to refresh the buff.

While the demand for those mobs might be higher because of the shinies, as more people get the elddar crystal and notice the improvements to their raid parses, I feel like the competition for h3 contested kills will remain stiff. I personally feel it will be a bit too stiff, but willing to wait and see how it pans out after the 8 hour change.
  12. Zhevally Well-Known Member

You mean like when people were using solo zones to boost their food and drink for years, and then it was fixed cause it wasn't intended to work like that. I've told you repeatedly to do what you want, cause it doesn't impact me. Obviously they changed the ability to hold zones opens like that, so the game no longer allows it.

I'm appreciating the benefits of the new system, though one all the hype around the collection died down the other people that were back to farming stopped anyways so it's kind of a mute point for all of those people now.

I don't get why its so wild to want zones to be balanced around whatever the intended number of players for them is, instead of balanced around people doing stuff to get extra zones(which I mean if you still wanted to you still could go pull extra instances up, I guess, if that's your style)
  13. Priority Well-Known Member

Zhev, this true? You did the VERY thing youre chastising us about and advocating against? Lmao. Hypocrisy is amazing.
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

They knew about food/drink for years. It was talked about on the forums, it was feedbacked, it was discussed in discord. Caith decided he didnt want it one day and deemed it an exploit over night. They arent the same thing

The zones arent even balanced to accommodate a single group. The respawns are too long. You can clear the entire zone in less time than their respawn. Thats not accommodating, thats stifling.
    Clintsat and Froakin like this.
  15. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I have no clue what he is talking about? I normally afk for a bit after we kill and then get kicked to character select for not autorunning usually lol. Or come back and kill things. I did get sent to varsoon jail once, and exactly once while I was afk.
  16. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Hence why I've been asking for shorter spawn timers or lower threshold. Letting people run off to their own instance that no one else can get into, after killing everything in the open ones, does nothing to help that problem.
  17. Priority Well-Known Member

You are oblivious. How many groups are killing everything across 3 and 4 instances? My group historically avoided zones that had another t3 capable group in it, regardless of what instance number it was.

Less mobs available is detrimental to everybody. Thats not an opinion, its a fact. Debating with you is pointless, per usual
  18. Priority Well-Known Member

Of course you dont.
  19. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Great that YOU were leaving the other ones up. That was not the case on other servers. On other servers, even when groups had access to 3 and 4 with their alts holding it, were still murdering everything in 1 and 2 on top of other groups. More mobs are available to me, because they are up when the new instance spawns. Other guilds not being able to use alts to get into 3 and 4, does nothing for how many mobs are available to me
  20. Priority Well-Known Member

"Other" servers as if youve got intimate knowledge of the goings on there? All this is going to do is force groups like mine to trample over groups like yours. How thats not obvious to you is mind blowing. Reduce resources, increase competition, and you expect to be less affected?

I cant even say the things I'm thinking, but its fairly obvious you have zero sense of real world applications to resource restrictions. Look up essentially ANY failed communist nation and see how the 99% live.
    Froakin and Aumarea like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.