Conjuror Issues - GU:66

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Aniathor, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Jacck Active Member

Scouts make up at least 7 members of a standard raid force, more if you are lacking mage dps. You can only reliably maintain the buff on how many as a single troub? 2 iirc, 3 with a small gap. Just saying, to say it is a useless buff when a jcap vastly adjusts a scouts parse (I mean, by alot... A LOT) is kinda funny.
  2. Laiina Well-Known Member

You apparently missed my point about the effect that stat and gear inflation has had, not whether a particular buff is still useful some classes. The fact is, J-cap used to be useful for nearly all classes, now it is not.
  3. Jacck Active Member

No, you basically said Jcap is useless. It is not. There has been stat and gear inflation but some classes always benefitted from certain buffs than others. And those classes are still the same classes. Yes, mages benefitted from it before, but scouts had more benefit from it before. But this is getting off the discussion at hand and thats Conjuror issues. I only merely wanted to correct the false perception that Jcap (amazingly, some think UT and other buffs are useless as well /boggle) was useless when it is in fact very useful.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Ok...so JCap isn't useless to every class that is outside the scope of this thread*. If that is stipulated, Jacck, can we please move on with the discussion that is within the scope of this thread. o_O

On that note, I yield the floor to my Conjy brethren and sistren**.

* And is pretty much useless to the class that is relevant to this thread. Which, frankly, was probably what the poster's intent in using the term was.
    ** Yes, that is a real word.
  5. Jacck Active Member

Wait, like I said in what I posted, which was to get back to the subject at hand? Bravo, I agree. Done with the ****** waving yet?
    Cisteros likes this.
  6. Kazz Member

Interesting observation from last night: while I confirm that as recent as last week Communion pets behaved exactly as Aniathor described but last night I was in DC and cast communion on one of the named mobs while I had also pulled several trash mobs. The named mob died before Communion expired and surprisingly enough, one (not all) of the communion pets (I think it was the fiery sorcerer if that makes any difference to a dev looking into it) proceeded to attack a trash mob i was engaged with after the named went down while the other 2 Communion pets stood there looking dumb and useless. I will try to find that in the combat log once I get home and will post it here if I find it.

Ninja partial fix to Communion? Did anyone else notice this?

Note: Roaring flames and Aqueous swarm still act exactly like Aniathor described (i.e. stand there being useless if the primary target they were cast on dies before the spell expires.
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

another way to do it is to make single target buffs group/raid wide and have the AA/prestige/items change what said buffs does for each character/class individually. so the utility role would remain just as strong but not to the point that it overshadows everything.

choosing who the buffs go on and all that jazz isn't fun nor does it encourage astute gameplay, all it does is exclude players.

this could also work for temp single target buffs like bolster and such. so the entire raid would bolster but each character would have their own personal degree of how effective bolster is.
  8. Karakis New Member

So bottom line after reading this I should Re-betray to necromancer for awhile :)
  9. Davngr Well-Known Member

necro is not doing any better and conj is still the better summoner for upfront damage.
  10. Cleaner Active Member

NEGATIVE conjy is top T2 like the necromancer but after the gu63 sorcers are T3 now.warlocks and wizzys have no purpose in the game anymore.NONE. your a pet dps /support all summoners are T2 dps classes universally are group support classes. alternate power source/ health, rez;s cookies, aoe blocks, each class should have its own benifits for group support while there pet is doing all the t2 dps. this is how the class should be built but somehow eq2 has taken every class and turned them all into T1 except for the sorcers that should be the top dpsers in the game.
  11. Ashwind Member

If your sorcs are not t1 dps then you need to have a hard look at group setups or who is getting buffs ect, sorc are top dps right below rangers
  12. Davngr Well-Known Member

most of these issues would seriously be fixed by making the WIS end line into a preparation like effect. sorc would scale perfectly no matter what happens every expansion. if anything they would probably need some small nerfs.

warlock?
    make the temps instacast, lower the casting time on the ridiculously long casting spells and make most of the greens blue.
  13. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Just curious, what do sorcs have to do with Conjy issues? Aren't there already threads for both Warlock and Wizard issues? o_O
  14. idunno125 New Member

none that dev's care to respond to.
  15. Rotherian Well-Known Member

So posting about Warlock and Wizard Issues in the Conjy Issue thread is somehow supposed to alleviate that? o_O

Just because a dev isn't posting in a given thread doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't aware of it. And just because they don't make requested changes doesn't necessarily mean that they are unaware of the requests. It is very possible that the requested direction is not the direction that they are planning on going with them, and they may plan on compensating in a different manner. Only time will tell.

If someone posts about Conjy or Necro issues in a Wizard or Warlock issue thread, that post should, at a minimum, be moved to the appropriate thread, and vice versa. Heck, Necro issues don't even belong in this thread, except for those issues that are common for all Summoners.
  16. Davngr Well-Known Member

it's a balance thread and the OP invites discussions about sorc and summoner issues on his first line. passing comments such as most of the ones left here are to be expected.
  17. Tabri Well-Known Member

If your not parsing T1 dps with your sorcerer at the moment then you just dont know how to play your sorcerer they are not T3 dps by any means.. There is nothing wrong with sorcerers from the parses I am seeing from properly played ones right now they are just fine. Maybe if there is no utility in their group they might suffer a bit but with utility they top the parses as they should be doing.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

This line?

You must be reading something different than I am. o_O

In that line, the OP clearly states that the intention is not nerfing any class or restoring effortless imbalance between sorcerers and summoners*. Then the OP goes on to explain that the intention is to fix known issues (those being implied to be Conjuror issues by the phrase that follows it) and to allow Conjurors to at least be more competitive and viable in a raid force.

Now, in that post, the OP does admit that the dumbfire issues aren't limited to summoners. That doesn't mean, however, that the entire thread should be opened up for sorc issues - especially when the vast majority of the sorc commentary has absolutely nothing to do with dumbfires. There is already a thread for Warlock issues, and I could have sworn there was one for Wizards, as well, but I couldn't find it - nor the Necromancer one. (Of course, that could just mean that Wizards and Necromancers are laying low so that we avoid the notice of the nerf bat. :p)

Regardless, this thread is meant specifically for Conjuror issues. The OP says so in the first sentence. Posting stuff about other classes here is just muddying the waters.

Now I don't expect you to agree with me. (In fact, given what has occurred in the past in discussions between you and others, I fully expect to be insulted and possibly have aspersions cast upon my parentage.;)) However, your agreement, or lack thereof, doesn't change the fact that this is a thread meant for Conjuror Issues**.

* In other words, it is not a balance thread, nor is it inviting discussion about sorc issues or summoner issues (although it is implied that an exception exists if a given summoner issue affects Conjurors).
    ** Heck, it even says it in the title. :D
  19. Cleaner Active Member

and your full of **** and havn't been running new content, even in other guilds and raids when not playing my sorcer class, i see usually in this order, Necro-scouts tanks-sorcers and usually there is about 300k difference in the scout dps and the sorcerer dps even with a troub. Don't troll on people who have in the past xpacs before the gear, stat , multi/flurry inflation was smoking the parses, about " If your not parsing T1 dps with your sorcerer at the moment then you just dont know how to play your sorcerer" thats just plain rediculas since at one time i could outparse most warlocks, and wizzards with the same tier gear on . take that flaming crap somewhere else.
  20. Davngr Well-Known Member

sadly this is free world and we don't all have to adhere to your perspective.

op brought up sorc and summoners and that in itself invites comparisons. no one other than a couple disgruntle warlocks have gone overboard and the topic had stayed relative to the thread until the dev posted and that point everyone derailed into a sub-topic directed at the that post.

if you directly question my post then i will of course explain further, people seem to like to judge a lot now a days but tend to forget taht old saying about the glass house while throwing stones.