Conjuror Issues - GU:66

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Aniathor, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

So your opinion is that if some words appear in a sentence in the original post of a thread, regardless of the stated intent of the thread by the OP, that somehow invites others to talk about anything that might remotely be related to those words? That is like me making a thread about chocolate, stating that the thread is about the different kinds of chocolate, definitely not about vanilla, and then you talking about vanilla. :rolleyes: In short, it would be going off-topic (which is what bringing up Sorc issues in a Conjy issue thread is doing).

If you can't see that, then I suppose there is nothing left for us to discuss, because there would be no point. o_O
  2. Davngr Well-Known Member

he argued about the dps gap between sorc and summoners and that itself can be argued or should we just take his word as law?

i'm not saying i don't agree with what was posted, i'm just saying that you don't have a leg to stand on as far as shutting down other peoples passing opinions. specially when they tie back to the dev post taht in itself was not only about conj, do you really need me to explain further?
  3. Ashwind Member

I have not been running new content ? I am in one of the three guilds that are clearing it all so I see every raid that sorc are the only classes competing with rangers.
    This is not an opinion its a observation, I wasn't intending to flame you in the slightest in my last post, but any chimp that can read can go look at some parses that have been posted and confirm this for yourself
    Enymac and Aniathor like this.
  4. Aniathor Member

I feel confident that I am speaking for the entire summoner community in saying that we would really appreciate it if the conversion stats in the summoner prestige trees (I.E. planar conjurations) shared with our pets. Why should pets not benefit from them? I doubt this is an intended mechanic, because it makes no logical sense for conversion AAs to not be equally effective for classes who depend on pets to function within the game as it is for any other class. I wish this was the only mechanic that did not share properly with pets, but I am going to refrain from typing a novel on the official forums, and focus on the most important issue.

I am very excited about the new content coming, and I really do feel like SoE as a company is moving in the right direction, all while fixing an incredible amount of bugs and creating great encounters. However, with the introduction of another pet class (Channeler), you are simply introducing more broken mechanics which could be solved by a simplification of just purely shared live stats with the pet's master. Keeping pet mechanics simple shrinks the margin of error and would be purely a win/win situation for everyone.
    Enymac and Leetch like this.
  5. Enymac Member

I am going to agrree with Anianthor. Although I think by summoners he meant conjurors in this example. Although I am curious, if some people have chosen Planar Dominator or possibly both Planar Dominator and Planar Conjurations. As opposed to the necromancer equivalence of Death's Master and Grave Callers Expertise. I would think choosing both might be a viable option IF those stats were shared.