Coming Soon(tm) GUILD HALLS!!! (Brainstorm Feature Ideas)

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-ke'la, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Oogie Guest

[p]what about the ability to name the hall? As with the various houses being a inn room, suite, etc. But allow the guild to name it.[/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Celline-Layonaire Guest

I'm sorry but I'd really like to see ' guild halls on an instanced island ' , not ' guild halls on the sea ' like the concept art. In addition, if players can see the exact shape of the guild halls' outlook on the coast of Antonica and on her counterpart, it just doesn't allow the possibility of exterior design & decor. :idea:
    (my idea : make the guild halls look blurry as if they're positioning in very VERY far distance.)
    just my 3 cents/
  3. ARCHIVED-simonmaal Guest

The idea of guild halls is a great one, and would give a positive boost to the experience of being guilded. There have been some great ideas here, and I'm gonna try to come up with a few that haven't been said yet (or my own take on those that have). The first problem comes in keeping the balance between encouraging people to use the hall and keeping the cities active. Second, I think it would be good to maintain a balance between roleplaying and practical use. With this in mind, here's what I would like to see: [ol][li]A guild ready room where you can view guild information such as the events calendar. At the moment, our guild uses Guildportal's calendar system to list raids and other events, but I feel it would be great if this could be somehow integrated into the game. I know it's relatively easy enough to open a browser and check out the guild site, but I nevertheless like the idea of being able to do that without having to go through the rigmarole of typing URLs or creating a macro - IMO it would also add to the immersive experience of the game. The guild leader could set the guild site URL, giving instant access to all guildies. [/li][li]A facility to travel between the halls of allied guilds. This would add an extra reason to create alliances.[/li][li]The training room idea is great, but I think it would add interest and challenge to make the training epic mobs only available after the guild has defeated the real version. The only problem with this is keeping a record of epic kills. One solution would be to make named epics drop a no-trade epic statue or trophy that could be displayed in the guild trophy room. As well as adding some prestige to the guild hall, possession of this statue would allow the guild to summon an avatar of the epic mob, allowing for a practice run. This also would mean that a guildmate going on a pickup raid has the chance to win the statue and then use it for the benefit of the rest of the guild.[/li][li]A library, where guildies could compile and share information on how to beat epic mobs (attack/resist type etc). Note - this would be more realistic if it were possible to actually place books on the bookshelves lol [/li][li]Writs are still picked up from the cities, giving people a good reason to go there.[/li][li]All crafting can be done at the guild hall after somebody purchases a station from the city merchant and places it there (so they are not automatically there to start with). [/li][li]An alternative idea to (6) is: guild crafting stations differ from others in that equipment showing the guild emblem can be made there, maybe similar to the armour and clothing you can buy from the city factions. The principal could work the same as the cloak - you lose the heraldry when you leave the guild. [/li][li]Using different instances for the different levels of guild hall - starting at a small outpost at level 10. It is easy enough to get a guild to level 10 and I find the idea of a small, new guild owning a huge citadel a bit unrealistic. The problem is, using different instances would likely delay development time.[/li][/ol]OK, those are my unedited thoughts - I don't know how practical or otherwise these ideas are; I just "emptied my head" in true brainstorming style!
  4. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

That is the plan, the GHs are going to be on an instanced Island of the coast of a major land mass, currently they are thinking Ant for the Good one and CL for the Evil one, they will be close enough to land to be able to see them but too far away to accually make out any details. Kinda like Alcatraze is in San Fransico.
  5. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

simonmaal wrote:
    Agree specific encounter training should only be available if the Guild has already defeated said encounter, and I think the training room itself should only be available to guilds at lvl 80. This would give some addtional funtionality to the Trophy room and gate the best enchounters, so as to make learning the fight non-trivial. I also think you should only be able to call the training mob say once every few days, less time then the Zone reset timer but long enough that you can't just train anytime you want. Also only guild members of a certain Rank(set by the leadership) should be alowed to activate the training MoB.
    Accually you can place books on bookshelfs if you get the angle just right, I have done it in my house in Kelethin, its the Acorn on the right just past the TS halls on the Butcherblock server, caractor's name is Allena. Though it is kinda hard to do and I can't seem to fill a row.
    I would combine these too and also add the ablity to buy the verious TS Merchants that are also required to craft, the ones that sell the TS Books and Fuel. Like the Carpenter NPC in Kele. The Fuel/Book seller would be a differant buy then the Crafting stations and would require say a weekly payment to stay there... They have to make a living someway.
  6. ARCHIVED-Krandras Guest

[p]:-D Hi there :-D[/p][p]Still loving this idea and some of the ideas coming out are just great? [/p][p]But has anyone heard is this even started to be thought about on the test server? Or is this idea still in the pen and paper part of planning this ?[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Sector11 Guest

Just what I need.... to think of my guild hall as being the same as an old federal prison.... :wink:
  8. ARCHIVED-DeathRider69 Guest

Well I am lazy and did not read the whole thread, but here is my input. I suspect it will overlap a bit but may take a different view.

1. Guild Raid Prep Room:
    a. This room will have access to each instanced raid zone once a lengthy epic level access quest has has been completed. The level of the access quest will be the same level as the highest level mob in the desired raid zone. Once completed guild can zone directly into that instance from the prep room. It also allows late raiders a quick location to join the raid zone once the are invited.
    Example: Freethinkers Hideout - Access quest would be a level 75 Epic x4 quest.
    b. Guild leader raid prep board that lets the raid leader review all stats on every toon in the raid either by group or as a full raid. Would not show gear, just stats and resists which would update as the toons changed grear out. This would allow a quick check to make sure the raid force has the proper resists and load out before hitting a zone. It would also help make sure that buffs and toons are arranged in the best possible configuration to maximize the raiding experience. This is done manually now by raid leaders so it is not really adding and unfair advantage to the respective guilds that have halls and those that do not.
    Example:
    Toon STR STA INT WIS AGI HEAT COLD DISEASE POSION DIVINE MAGIC MENTAL
    Beater 601 450 101 212 401 5987 6104 2491 3019 1033 931 3123
    Blaster 125 310 703 230 99 2099 3108 6112 6088 3981 2507 4444

If going into Deathtoll then heat and cold are needed up be around 5k and the raid leader could see where it is not that high and tell the toon to adjust it or suggest gear to raid the resists. This is what the raid leaders I know do while forming people up for a run.

2. Toon gear suggestion station: This would take all equipable items currently in a toon's inventory and based on the selection of up to X stats/resists (say like 3). It is not much differnt that the search on the broker now except it would allow up to X versus the single one now. They way I would see it this would list all of the gear in the players inventory that have 1 or more of the X selected areas. It would then show what affect it would have on all stats if it replaced the current class item. The comparison is already in a mouse-over but this would give a sortable list that filters down to the carried items without searching through bags. It would show a quick list with Red/Green stats changes for each item that matches the search.

3. Ticket Station / Portal to all Bell/Boat access zones: This would reinstitute the access quests for the various zones that were removed in a GU a while back. So instead of buying a ticket to Nek Forest and then zoneing to Lava Storm, I could do the access quest and use the bell / portal here. The tickets would cost much more for the convenience as well say like 6g. The access quests should auto level to the toon doing the access but be no lower than the median zone level. Quest may/may not give AA. Also this access quests would be linked to this guild hall only. If the toon changes guilds, all access quests would have to be redone.

3. Banker

4. Broker: Have the broker start out at 40% fee for purchases and normal fees for sales. Have a guild Epic x2 or x4 level quest line that reduces the purchase fees down to say 5% or 10% for guild members that have completed the line. Again this would be guild-house linked so if the toon moves to another guild it has to be redone. This would keep people from joining a guild from being able to immediately get lower selling fees.

5. Tradeskill fuel and recipe merchant: The merchant would sell the fuels and 1-49 level tradeskill books but for 50-69 (or 79), a series of tradeskill tasks would need to be done and/or writs to gain access to these recipes at the merchant. The prices would be the same as elsewhere but the tasks to gain the access to purchase would require items harvested from rare nodes much like many other quests. I would say one special recipe per level and the harvest items be no-trade. This one should transfer between guild houses though.

The only fuels that will be available will be those needed for special quest crafting and for the crafting tables the guild has currently purchased.

6. Tradeskill tables: These would require some form or room access quest to get into the area. The guild would have to do both special tradeskill writs, a special build quest for the tables (much like what was done for Griffon Towers and Spires), and then have to purchase the tables with status and plat. The plat and status would be contributed to purchase each table / device. The bank will only hold the maximum of plat and status (from special writs) as is required for each device available for purchase. Once purchased anyone who has completed the access quest can use that device.

An additional restriction could be applied that each use of the device, except when doing special writs, consumes a writ point and/or status from the guild pool and/or craftng toon.

Example:
    Bustem, Craftem, Smackem, and Breakem do the access quest to get to the room and the broker. Then proceed to do the table/device build quest using some special harvest items. Once it is completed it becomes availble for purchase. Bustem puts plat in the bank toward the purchase and Craftem and Breakem do special writs to put status in the bank for the purchase. Once the plat and status requirements are met, the guild leader can purchase and place the item in this crafting room.

7. Armor repair "station": This would be place where all guildies could repair each damaged item up to 100%. Every 10% of repair would have a tiered fuel cost with the total fuel cost per item being 1/4 of the mender charged price to repair the item. The repair would be have a tradeskill-like process starting at the current damage level and work to 100%. It would also have the chance to damage the armor more all based on RNG and using a decicated armor repair key set.

I am sure I could go on, but these should be a good suggestion started. If I think of more I will add them to the thread.
  9. ARCHIVED-Maskis Guest

This may seem a little odd... DO you all think they are are going to be like one per guild, one good and one evil per guild or no restrictions at all on how many your guild/guild members can have? I guess what i'm getting at is will I be able to buy one for MYSELF? I always wanted to be like Bruce Wayne, hes my hero
  10. ARCHIVED-Remann Guest

Some very simple items.
    1. Guild Banners for main hall - craftable by tailors
    2. Alliance Banners for those of us in alliances
    3. Craftable items such as armor suits, like those found in Unrest (Armorsmith or Carpentar made).
    4. Craftable and placeable shields for walls (carpenter made)
    5. Guild Salemans Crates, for selling those items that so often fill up the guild bank, with the funds of sales going directly to the guild bank specified by the guild leader and/or it's officers.
  11. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

[p]Trophies sound incredible. Both from Epic Kills and from Heritage Quests completed by members I'd hope the rooms will be furnishable. I'd love to see Player-made tapestries that will show Guild Heraldry for the Guild Halls, and smaller Coat-of-Arms for use in private residences. I don't know that I want all services available in it that one can get in the city. Generally speaking, I'd hate to see the Guild Halls take the place of public interaction in the Cities, even though a lot of it can be juvenille. I'd love to see a Guild Bank and in addition a Guild Vault, much like players currently have their bank and house vault. As the Guild rises in levels and buys more rooms, the number of slots in the Guild vault increases. Vault slots would accept containers same as house vault. I'd like to see a merchant inside that we could sell status loot (Relics, Documents, Scrying Stones and Amulets) to as well as the random junk that mobs drop. A cool functionality to sell would be a banner of sorts that you could plant and click on and have it serve as a Call to Hall, bringing you back to the Guild Hall when your group/raid is done. These would have to cost enough that they would not be used just because one is lazy though.[/p][p]Menders would be cool. [/p][p]A mount vendor would also be cool, but not sure how you'd work it so Paladins were not riding Nightmares though. Once Guild Halls are in place, I can see Sony introducing some sort of system for Guildwide benefits along the lines of the Guild Tribute EQ1 had.[/p][p]A limited version of the Portal Merchant from EQ1. Members get a task from him to visit the environs of Qeynos/Freeport/Maj'Dul/Kelethin/Neriak and return, and he will then sell them a ticket that will take them to a safe point close to that city.[/p][p]I don't know if the character flags exist in EQ2 like they did in EQ1. A lot of folks that raid say they'd love to be able to port directly to their raid area. I'd say yes, on the condition that the character has completed the raid. They'd have a character flag saying they had killed soandso and then could use whatever form of quick transportation is decided upon to get to the raid from the Guild Hall ready room. A sparring pit for duels or Royal Rumble type events for folks that like PvP without the gankfest. After running through DFC Sat morning, a bathhouse style room would be cool, especially if we could decorate it with Maj'Dul themed things like potted palms and pillows and vases. For the life of me I can't think of a functionality for it the way there was with the pool in EQ1 though. A library with build-in shelves that will accept the books we get as rewards for quests. As an aside, allow a player to be able to get a Lore and Legend quest from reading the reward book in the Library. I don't think they can do a pocket instance off an instance, but it'd be cool to have a personal room for each member for a home away from home when they are just too tired to hoof it back to their own home. Tradeskilling rooms with a fuel merchant. No writ givers or order desks though. No Brokers. No personal bankers. No writ givers. No trainers. Cities need to stay viable and alive.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

Love this idea, been waiting for guild halls to be implemented for soooooo long! i like the idea of starting off small like an outpost and working ourselves up. It would be kinda silly to have this huge place with a bunch of locked doors. Also to just repeat whats been mentioned a million times: Broker Mender Collection person bells boats Portals Kitchen Sink Newspaper stand with recent guild activities and victories across server. Tavern with interactive NPC's talking about our guilds triumphs throne room (ready room) I'm sure i'll think of more :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

oh oh! i did think of one more thing! A Harem! Edit: and a graveyard to honor those that no longer play! edited: oh oh oh.....evils need slaves, good needs servents
  14. ARCHIVED-Martrae Guest

In addition to many of the great ideas I've seen here (and elsewhere) I'd love for the courtyard to be an arena where guild members can pit their strength and wiles against each other.
  15. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Tadhg@Lucan DLere wrote:
    They are currently in the, so what do we want to do with it phase. Look for it to be talked about more sometime after the New Year atleast. Like I said in my origanal post, this is on the "Short Term Prodject list" and as Scott said SoE measures "short term" on the Geologic Time Scale. In other words it really is beyond Soon(TM) in time frame.
  16. ARCHIVED-DelennSheridan Guest

[size="medium; color: #9966cc"][face="times new roman,times"][p][color="#9966cc; font-family: Times New Roman"]I for one cannot wait until we are able to get guild halls. I love some of the suggestions that I have seen here...especially the portal room, crafting room and guild mascots. I also would like to see each hall have a room for each leader, officer and senior officer. I really think that would go a long way to having the hall become a community. I think it would be perfect if we had portals that could be accessed from the guild hall....that way the whole group/raid could leave from the guild hall providing the guild had an ability set a specific bind point for the guild hall for the members. I would also love to see the carpenters get some great new recipes to make furniture/rugs/lamps etc for the guild halls. I am looking forward to having our house open.[/face][/size][/p][/color][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

i think as far as officer rooms, and the like, i'd really like to see the graphics from the tower of the moon in Muj'Dal used. that place rocks and would have some really spiffy designs for a leaders room.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Azaezel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    [p] That is how it would likely be for me, my guild split up leaving me in charge and pretty much the sole active member. [/p][p]Now I just need a Butler and a Gnomish Horseless carriage.[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

So. .. 40 Rooms to fill.. that is alot =P Suggestions: Basics: *Bank *Tradeskill *Broker *Port Room *Player Housing Rooms *Tavern Unique *War Room: Solo/Group/ Raid Instance on Mobs Training (Could be three seperate rooms) Go up against an NPC of your self O o *PVP Room: Group/ Single Tournaments or Exhibition Matchs *Mending Station: Armor Repiars *General Guild Info Room, Billboards, stats, stratigies *Guild Sellable Vender rooms *Guild Vault *Guild Vs Guild War Room *Alliance Room: anything realy that would help promote this Unique things/features * I liked how in EQ the Buffs halted timers while in guild hall... * Courtyard statues of some kind * banners and the such all i have for now...
  20. ARCHIVED-NzKiwi Guest

I would like to see the following.... In the guild hall... Player housing. Tradeskill area including fuel merchant. Epic mobs reward a trophy that you can place in the castle. Broker Player crafted housing items designed for castle. Mender Bank For Boss Mobs in raid instances, maybe a statue to place once you have beaten them.