Cloaks and belts in 10/3 update

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Shiloh, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Shiloh Member

"Cloaks and Belts from Altar of Malice zones all now have either weapon skills or casting skills."
    Thats what it says in todays update....but its not true. My cloak and belt had no skills added to them, (fighter cloak and belt, xiocite). Any info when ALL cloaks and belts will have the skills you said?
  2. Lemilla Active Member

That would most likely be after the servers have been patched, which would be tomorrow morning for Splitpaw.
  3. Shiloh Member

4. Ansom Active Member

Cloaks and Belts from Altar of Malice zones, so.. only from loot, not mc.
    Kuulei likes this.
  5. Silzin Active Member

My Raid dropped Belt and Clock changed, but since I have not gotten a Mit/Block Raid drop i was using a MC Clock over it and it as stated did not get changed. Can we have the 96+Crafted Belts and Clocks get the same treatment, or have a Heroic dropped version that non raiders can get.
  6. Amfish Active Member

There are heroic versions of the cloaks and belts already in game.
  7. Ansom Active Member

event have already fabled cloaks and belts in the (rare) loot table.
  8. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I would agree that all crafted and mastercrafted cloaks would ideally be updated as well. :)
  9. Shinzen New Member

would love to see MC updated. The mit cloaks/belts just don't seem to exist!
  10. jimm New Member

very nice change but was hoping for +focus on the doublecast cloak/belt

and for some reason there is +focus +weapon skills on tank/melee cloaks but only +weapons on the belts
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

The double cast cloak/belts... have no focus skill..
  12. Gninja Developer

Focus is only intended to be on the melee cloaks for now. We will discuss it further and go from there.
  13. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Focus is a mage's auto-attack stat. As a result, focus is itemized on cloaks that support auto attack
  14. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Focus actually is on belts - just not "caster style" belts.
  15. Gninja Developer

Basically the stat layout on cloaks and belts were merged. If the focus skill is not there its because the other item with skills did not have the focus skill. Stats were not added that did not exist on another version of the similar type of items (caster cb/pot belt versus doublecast belt)
    Mogrim likes this.
  16. Shinzen New Member

that makes absolutely no sense as auto attack cloaks would only be used by a mage/priest that melees (i.e. melee warden, not wanding like a dc caster), and they would need weapon skills not focus. Focus only effects spell weapons, not melee. Focus also determines a casters chance to be interrupted when being hit (thus needed on a caster cloak).
    Kraeref and Arieste like this.
  17. konofo Active Member

18. Arieste Well-Known Member

This. I think the issue is that focus was lumped in with other weapon skills, when in reality it should have been split off as a caster stat.
    Ragna and Mermut like this.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Wtb an update to the old Wing 3 Cloaks/Belts too if we are doing MC'ed!
  20. Gninja Developer

Wing 3 cloaks/belts are not being changed.
    Mogrim likes this.