Class Cloaks

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Yards, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Odur27 Member

I hate that the Fury Cloak get nerfed so its not even worth wearing. My Idea to help DBG facilitate itemization while working within the current constraints of their workload. It seems DBG is so under staffed that all they can do is nerf one of the few cloaks that is worth giving up the relic spot for. Lets brainstorm on how to solve the problem here. How about delegating the task of itemization of class cloaks to a panel of players? Open a Forum on the boards and field a discussion with strict rules of conduct. Let us discuss what is the best balance per class for our cloaks. Then have one day where you host a live chat session with a select few members of the player community. Have them present 3 fleshed out mock ups of each cloak complete with stats, effect, and maybe a pre-existing appearance. I am trying to offer a constructive means of getting things done in a way that everyone can live with. It would be nice to see this approach or something close to it given a test run at the very least.
  2. kluxor Well-Known Member

lets be honest for one minute here....the fury cloak was stupidly overpowered and unbalanced, a nerf was inevitable. they cant possibly bring up all the cloaks to the same level of power as the fury and defiler cloaks or the game would be broken completely.

And can we please stop crying about relics? there's other options to brotherhood proc and now relic-free cloaks.
  3. Liou_Unrest Active Member

How do you figure? Look at it like you get to still use the class relic cloak when really it should be a raid-only item, you just get the Wal-Mart version because it's from heroic content. If you work hard and raid with 24 other talented people that put the time, effort, and skill into clearing exponentially harder encounters you can have the same cloak without the downsides.
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

The Fury cloak was only stupidly overpowered because the other cloaks compared to it weren't worth a damn. Now the item isn't worth wearing in raid over the brotherhood ring. So as I said, they took one of the few cloaks worth giving up a relic tag for, and turned it into a useless cloak instead of actually progressing the game by fixing the stupidly underpowered, worse than last expac class cloaks for the other 18-20 classes.
  5. kluxor Well-Known Member

The fury cloak was parsing for 20% of 200m+ parses off of one player alone. Don't say its not broken at those stupid high numbers
  6. Liou_Unrest Active Member

Now here is some logic. "Overpowered" in this sense refers to both the other class cloaks but mostly to the game environment. It doesn't matter how the other cloaks perform for the fury cloak to be way too overpowered compared to the game content.

Even if every other cloak was 10x as good as the Fury cloak, doesnt change the fact that the Fury cloak was stupid OP - it would just make all the other cloaks 10x as stupid OP.
    Mermut likes this.
  7. Terces New Member

I would really suggest some balance for these cloaks, the coercer one is such trash and I'm sure there is others that are just as bad, but I honestly think the coercer one is one of the worst!
  8. Genghes Active Member

I wish the bruiser cloak made knockout combination group wide and increased damage. I could justify using it at that point. /wish
  9. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I put feedback and requests in as soon as I found out what it was and I tried to get Lightning Fist's damage upped and made group wide. Knockout Combo was my first thought but due to the AA Ability from going right side, I went with Lightning Fists for my suggestion.. but still a no go.. and I don't think I have lightning fists even on my hotbar anymore.
  10. Genghes Active Member

Lightening fists isn't worth casting due to the low damage on it