Class Cloaks

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Yards, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

Can we get the class cloaks looked at so that they are all at least better than other cloak options. Warlock cloak is not the only horrible cloak but I'll just use it as an example because I am a warlock. It is really bad and I wouldn't wear it over last expansion's cloak. The enhanced curse of darkness is bad and in an ae fight it does roughly 20 to 25 mil raidwide dps in ae fights where raidwide is over 2 billion, it's a spell I normally wouldn't cast and even with the cloak it is not worth casting. So at the very least make every classes cloak best in slot over other cloaks.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  2. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Cloaks and Belts also have less Critical Chance than previous expansions Cloaks/Belts.
  3. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

4. Enigma Active Member

I agree they need to look at the class cloaks and balance it out :(. Necro one is just 6 additional seconds to blighted horde compared to the conjurers unlimited uptime of blazing avatar?
  5. Dotuming Active Member

I wouldn't use the conjie one as a doormat let alone equip it. Giving up 17.8 flurry and losing crit chance isn't worth it for a buff that MAY proc an additional 3 -4 times with terrible damage. Just as an example tonight vs psionists in the Hive in an 17ish min fight, Blaze was 39th on my 203 million parse at just under 1%. Ill trade for an additional 6 seconds on Communion as long as communion actually gets fixed so the pets go where you point them to.
    Anunnaki likes this.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

Please add tank stats to the tank relic cloaks. Block and Mit.
    Amberdina and Laiina like this.
  7. Strane New Member

Apparently class cloaks without the relic tag drop now.
    Example: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3874269016 Non-Relic Conjuror Cloak

Here's the Relic Conjuror Class Cloak: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/4101554319

This means that two versions of each cloak exist in the game now, Relic tagged and Non-Relic tagged.

Are the people that got cloaks before the most recent game update going to have their Relic tags removed? They should, because it makes zero sense to reward the players who got it after the update versus the people that got it before.

tl;dr All class cloaks should NOT have the Relic tag
    Amberdina, Yoube and Wurm like this.
  8. Yards Well-Known Member

The cloaks without relic tags are the raid version of the class cloaks.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

Guardian cloak makes me sad. There are a lot of other options than giving us an extra trigger on sentry watch. Please remove it and put something that is actually useful. As others have said, we need block and mit on the cloak as well.
    Amberdina likes this.
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Putting a "heirloom" tag on class cloaks might be a good idea. I know one person on HoF server would appreciate this.

Word of warning: read items before you buy/loot them in auction channel. You don't want to drop a ton of plat on something that is no-trade, then foolishly loot the item on an alt, thinking that you'll heirloom the item to the character that you want the item to end up going to...defilers cannot wear fury cloaks. /facepalm
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Yahtsee/Daesania Member

I rarely post here but I felt this was important enough to voice my opinion. Making the switch for new cloaks to have no relic tag and not fixing everyone else's cloaks who already had it is absolutely ridiculous. You're essentially punishing those of us who got lucky enough (or had enough money) to loot one already.

I get that the new cloaks have a few stats removed, I'd be fine with that if it meant I could wear something else relic. Give us an item to change it or a merchant to change it. I dont even care.
    Feldon and Karsa like this.
  12. Karsa Active Member

How about Shady Swashbuckler on Nek docks let that npc exchange relic cloaks for new fable versions.
    Yoube and Yahtsee/Daesania like this.
  13. Serik Active Member

The relic tag is supposed to go on loot the devs feel is out of line for progression. They felt they could properly insert the cloaks without the tag on the second to last raid boss in KP.

Simply put, if you want the non-relic cloak, you need to raid for it.
    Liou_Unrest likes this.
  14. Amaitae Active Member

I say cloaks for everybody!!!
  15. Yahtsee/Daesania Member

I see. I was not aware it was from a raid drop, i assumed it was all heroic still. My mistake. Still not completely happy with the change, still essentially my cloak is useless in comparison though.
    Amberdina and Karsa like this.
  16. Enigma Active Member

Hmm nope from what I have seen blaze has proven to deal much more dps on that fight for our conjies. Now with the relic tag off and blaze having unlimited trigger/full uptime and it also works on your ro pet...it can easily do 20mill plus. Necro cloak is just another 3mill dps or so...that does not compare at all.
  17. Dotuming Active Member

So go ahead and post a parse showing blaze doing 20 mil dps.
  18. Dotuming Active Member

A couple of things your missing:

1. The ro pet will only be 5 triggers maximum. On a cast your lucky to get 3 triggers from your Ro pet.
    2. Its damage is roughly 80% lower than your main pet blaze procs.
    3. Blaze can be resisted.
    4. A Full 7 procs of blaze can take anywhere between 4-9 seconds with an average of 7 seconds.
    5. I did use the ro pet last night and during an 18 min fight and it was still less than 1% of my parse.
    6 Taking the average of 7 seconds and giving the ro pet full hits, even if you tripled the number of procs (I am being generous here as you would only double it due to the ro pet duration) you would not do half as much dps as your stating even on that fight and not to mention a single target fight will be even worse. So unless you can post a parse breakdown showing a 20 million blaze parse, I think ill stick with the flurry from last expac for now thanks.
    7. Blazing avatar is still more useful as a possible EB reset.
    8. Blazing avatar's range is only 20 metres which hinders on some fights. i.e. calling your pet back to cast.
    Anunnaki likes this.
  19. Enigma Active Member

20mill+ with the cloak...and all those missing points are completely irrelevant...
  20. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

That is not a parse.