Class Cloaks

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Yards, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Enigma Active Member

I don't need to post a parse lol..i didn't say i got a parse that shows blaze doing 20mill dps..If you read what i said, i basically said that with the cloak it really does have the potential to parse 20mill+ especially on a fight like pisonists lol.
  2. Eles Well-Known Member

please add the new ones to the shady npc on nektulos so we can trade them :( Why you do this DBG?
  3. Daray Well-Known Member

It's already been stated (twice?) in this thread that the relic version is the heroic dropped one, whereas the non-relic version is only raid dropped (2nd to last raid encounter in KP). If yours has a relic tag, it came from heroic content.

For the record, the non-relic version of the cloaks wasn't something that was added yesterday. We got the zerker one early in the week and the warlock one yesterday.
    Eles likes this.
  4. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

You said it can easily do 20m+ so why would you not have a parse?

Also, "lol" is not a form of punctuation lol
  5. Enigma Active Member

Lol................
    Amberdina likes this.
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Another good parse o_O
  7. Ishmel Member

So I was thinking maybe the assassin cloak should keep the boost in assassinate dmg and then have it change it to an ae of 8 max targets to keep up with sorc ae dps. Seems fair enough.
    Cattnip and Jrel like this.
  8. Enigma Active Member

Hehe only if they do something along those lines for the necro cloak as well :D well i mean just buffing the cloak in general.
  9. Dotuming Active Member

And you would be only be about 15-17 million off on your assessment.
  10. Lare Active Member

There is a very limited number of cloaks that are better than the last tier raid & heroic cloak, sadly I have not even put on my and can't even wear it for appearance.

Class cloaks are a great idea but when they just don't cut the mustard its just a lot of work by the dev's and just disappointment for the players.

Please actually put some thought into the cloaks and change the stats and abilities for about 90% of them. I'm sure we can get a list together of what is just pure fail.

For me the warlock cloak is meh, for it to be worthwhile, every class should be able to proc is either via CA or spell cast and the damage would have to be increased by 200%. With added Flurry and CC. (even then why would you give a DPS class a support class cloak). Because putting it on now just reduces personal dps with little or no real practical gain even the no relic ones!)

I have heard Dev's talk about making the right gear choice and having to debate which is the best item to wear etc but its a safe bet at present that 90% are not worth putting on even if you infuse them!
  11. Ishmel Member

The fabled cloaks with both sda and flurry were unbalanced and it was the right thing to do separating the stats. It was too unfair for melee classes watching all that flurry and sda boost the mages while melee only benefitted from the flurry.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Crickets from our Devs, so I guess the sub-par cloaks are going to stay that way.
  13. duckster Active Member

If and when they review these, they should also consider making the raid versions heirloom. I believe they are currently no-trade.
  14. Sudedor Well-Known Member

They did in fact adjust the Defiler and Fury cloaks in the patch for today, so they are looking.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

Just 2 more to go.
  16. Sudedor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, I think there need to be some "improvements" as well to more than just two of the remaining cloaks. The Mystic cloak is a bloody tragedy imo. There are many of them in fact that are just "bleh".

Don't get me wrong! Some of them are amazing. Even with the nerf the Defiler and Fury cloaks are still must have gear. The problem is it kind of feels like the Devs are trying to address some class balance issues through itemization and I guess I would have hoped by now they realized how big a mistake that is. If you want to fix class balance, fix it. Don't itemize for it.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

If you mean by "2 more" them adding tank stats to the tank relic cloaks then you are indeed correct, except that's more than just 2. ;)
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

No I meant balancing the last 2 overpowered class cloaks. :)
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

Making the underpowered ones no one wants more powerful is also important.
    Mermut likes this.
  20. Kioske Well-Known Member

Just another class cloak no one will be wearing in raid because of the relic tag. Thanks Daybreak!

Why not make the relic tagged items worth wearing instead of just knocking them all down? IMO the Fury cloak was quite super powered, but I don't think it was out of sorts with the relic tag. The issue was not that the Fury cloak was overpowered, it's that there are 18-20 cloaks that are so underpowered that no one will wear them.