[Clairified] The Avatar of Valor

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Grimwell, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Now then, if my impatient friends will note the update I put at the top of this thread, the data is out and the matter is clear. I'll ignore their crass and rude impatience, as this was obviously a life or death matter for some and I didn't realize it.. but I hope this puts an end to the negative behavior.
  2. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

editted for me not paying attention.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

4. ARCHIVED-AfflictedOne Guest

[p]I'm not trying to restart the fire just wondering about something.[/p][p] [/p][p]Yes the mob was killed on 1-11.... but if you notice the patch notes from 1-17.... http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=253154 it was fixed on the next patch after the kill. So SOE knew that it was a bugged encounter and not functioning the way it was intended. So that really brings up the question as to whether a bugged mob actually counts as a WW1st and what timeframe is a fix to a mob considered a bug fix or a new version. [/p][p]These are actual issues that need to be addressed if there are gonna be community posts about WW1st's. My personal opinion from someone that is retired from the raid scene and therefore really has no dogs in this race is that a bugged mob (ie: fixed within about a week of when it was first killed) shouldn't count for WW1st. [/p][p]The reason I say this isn't to take anything away from anyone just that when I was raiding I never cared if someone killed a bugged mob first.... cause there have been several occasions where guilds have killed an encounter and then after the fix the next few days ended up not killing it again for 2 months. [/p][p] [/p][p]Anyway I know SD is a great guild and grats to Pandemonium (who I'd honestly never heard of before this post) :) Heck grats to anyone that killed it :)[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention that in the correction. My apologies. I also talked to the devs about the reports of it being broken and then 'fixed' and if the first kills were considered exploitation of a broken encounter. The encounter was 'broken' in that there are some spawns that should happen randomly during the battle when things are going right. One of the spawns wasn't working, so any time it's number was called, nothing would happen. That said, the Avatar itself wasn't broken or fighting in a sub-par manner and anyone killing him has achieved something of note. So while some people may debate the split hair about which version should 'count' for the kill, at the end of the day the first kill in the logs is going to be respected( in this case ). The Avatar wasn't broken himself, and there was nothing any player could exploit about the encounter.
  6. ARCHIVED-Niber Guest

Excellent work with the clarification Grimwell! Congrats SD and Pandemonium (even though you're French!)!
  7. ARCHIVED-Nurta Guest

And this would be a perfect reason to never try to do something nice like get involved with the community. Good god, some of you make my teenager look like an amatuer whiner.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nevarer Guest

9. ARCHIVED-daboa Guest

I am still trying to think up a reason why anyone should care about this. But i supose i cared enough to post. i am confused, can i have a cookie?
  10. ARCHIVED-noffs Guest

[p]It's Nofiia![/p][p] [/p][p]Have a Nice day everyone.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

[p]Grimwell,[/p][p]It may come fun to you or "igniting fire of competition" , but these threads doing nothing but causing people to bash on other , quit or hostility inside community. Stop boosting peeing race here ... There will be always more frustrated people than "winners" ... It does no good ... Just a suggestion, don't do that. it does not bring any good as you have seen in Wuoshi thread and that one.[/p][p] [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Nere Guest

[p]I think you're pretty rude yourself Grimwell. You're very condescending and I think you've got a little power trip going running around deleting posts and threatening people to not post any disagreements or else they'll be banned. Even when they are right, as was the case here. It's ok to be wrong and I'm glad you finally went and got your facts straight. Now all you have to do is stop talking down to people.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-StarryEyedElf Guest

Guys, really, if you have nothing to add to this convo besides taking jabs at each other, Grimwell, SOE, etc etc, just don't add anything. I know it will be hard for some of you, but I have faith in all of your abilities to have some self control. :wink: I know everyone wants to be heard, but this is really moving towards an ugly place. Thanks everyone.
  14. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

[p]I'm suddenly reminded of a quote "The Best Layed Plans Of Mice and Men Can Go Awry". What is wrong with trying to compliment someone on this kind of accomplishment? I say gratz to those that made this accomplishment and I do understand that this is no small feet. These monsters are powerful level 75x4 creatures and I have seen them up on Kithicor then go away. [/p][p] [/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Historios Guest

Pot, meet kettle...
  16. ARCHIVED-TheStateFish Guest

Grats to the french for the world wide first. As far as i'm concerned, killing an encounter that isn't working properly doesn't count, even if 90% of the encounter does work. That extra 10% coulda have meant a wipe instead of a kill.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mermidon Guest

Prof@Blackburrow wrote:
    And as far as anyone in the high end raiding scene is concerned your wrong. This is about the high end raiding scene. Run along.
  18. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Prof@Blackburrow wrote:
    So, according to that. Who got the WW1st on Darathar?
  19. ARCHIVED-TheStateFish Guest

[p] I don't care, just as I don't care who killed Valor first. All I'm saying is that an encounter isn't truely defeated until it works properly. Who was it that was using that charm exploit on MO until their entire raid force had the complete loot table in their bags? They got a chest so they obviously beat the mob right? Wait, no... they only killed part of the encounter. By the same standard, Valor wasn't defeated until all of the encounter was up and running. Also, did people get their Tarinax updates when his adds didn't work? Yes, but everyone knew it would be fixed and the real challenge would be there for those that didn't get to him as quickly.[/p][p]Grats to all that have killed it and all that will, but first to kill it is trivial, and killing it when it isn't working properly makes it more so.[/p][p]I am entitled to that opinion, and you to yours. [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Henladar Bloodheart ~ Guest

[p]Lets think for a second. If it works like that who got the WW1st on Tarinax? I'm pretty damn sure they changed him to make the adds work right. Course we also didnt have a guild dumb enough to take claim of something they didnt get. You should learn from them frenchies.[/p]