[Clairified] The Avatar of Valor

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Grimwell, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Read all about the action on the front page, and then share your congratulations with the guild on their World Wide First here! UPATE 2/23/07 The intent, when posting a WW First, is to celebrate an accomplishment with the community at large. It's supposed to be a fun thing that everyone can enjoy. When Pandemonium approached Soffrina (the French Community Representative) about sharing their defeat of the Avatar of Valor with the world at large, we saw it as a great opportunity to do just that on the Players website. Just as I had done previously when Second Dawn killed Wuoshi. So we did some internal fact checking in an attempt to validate the claim on the Avatar, talked a little with Pandemonium, and then put together a news item. I also incorporated a translation of an interview that had gone up prior to this on the French site when Pandemonium killed Wuoshi for the first time on their International server. It was a great way to share what our friends were up to. When the news item went live, people in the forums immediately started to question this. High end guilds tend to have a lot of pride about who has done what, first -- so it would have been easy to just ignore the claims as jealousy, but I don't like to ignore people. It was also clear that many people thought I had posted in error. The best thing to do at that point is to look again at the data and scour it for the absolute truth. I asked a few of the devs to lend a hand and go into the logs for the Avatar to see who had killed him, and when they killed him. This generated a better answer, but not an immediate answer. I now have a copy of the logs concerning kills on the Avatar, and will share them below: [ol][li]01/11/2007 22:29 HRS - Avatar of Valor killed on Najena[/li][li]01/12/2007 17:01 HRS - Avatar of Valor killed on Nektulos[/li][li]01/12/2007 18:28 HRS - Avatar of Valor killed on Storms[/li][li]01/14/2007 19:57 HRS - Avatar of Valor killed on Kithicor [/li][/ol]So there we have the actual logs. You may ask why I didn't have the server log to begin with, and the answer is that's not normally a tool that a Community Manager needs to have in his or her belt. Because I'm going an extra step to celebrate player events, I ran into a point where I needed to see the logs. Going forward, I'll be able to use the tool to validate these events, so the veracity shouldn't come in question. Bringing that all together: While our friends in Pandemonium didn't acheive a WW First with the Avatar of Valor, they still fought a tough encounter and can celebrate it as a server first. That's awesome! Further, it looks like Second Dawn acheived the WW First on Najena, and they are to be congratulated! Nice job guys -- Sorry that I got the facts wrong, there was no intent to cause you offense. At the end of the day, everybody is human -- even the guy typing on the keyboard that is making this post. I'm going to go make some changes to the article on EQ2 Players so it is an accurate celebration of what Pandemonium did accomplish, and I'll be happy to put something together for my friends in Second Dawn if they want to get in touch with me. Going forward, I'll be extra careful to double validate information like this to prevent further chaos. If it seems that I've posted incorrectly anyway, call me on it. It's OK to tell me if your guild did something that I'm giving someone else credit for, I'm fine with making things right. Beyond that, have yourselves a good weekend. It's Friday! :) Oh, and add one to the server records. I just went on the Test server and killed the Avatar for my own satisfaction. ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Félicitations!
  3. ARCHIVED-Rhonara Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Fortai Guest

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification. Congrats Second Dawn on the kill.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jixx Guest

Congrats to WHOEVER is the proud victor of this.... blah blah blah. I am happy to see Grimwell giving credit where credit is due! He would know so I dont believe anything else i read here sorry.
  6. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Allow me to clear up a few points that were raised in the posts that are sadly no longer with us:
    • Pandemonium was kind enough to contact the Community team when they accomplished this feat. They provided images and access such that we could post something more than just a single blurb. If you would like your accomplishments noted when you achieve a World Wide First, contact me when it happens and be sure to grab some screenies or something fun.
    • This data was validated. We have logs that allow us to determine who has done what first (thus the leader boards on EQ2 Players...). There is no question as to who killed the Avatar first.
    Now, as to everything else raised:

Do not, ever, bring guild drama into a thread like this. It leaves me angry. This is your first, and last, warning. The next time I see this happen, people get vacations. If you can't allow people to have a moment where they feel good about something they have done -- and you can't join in the celebration as a kind person -- do not join the conversation.

Failure to check your ego at the door, and just say "Hey guys, congratulations!" will derive poor results for you.

So... congratulations to Pandemonium!

Second Dawn does get props for having the WW 2nd on the Avatar, which is still a great accomplishment.
  7. ARCHIVED-levlelfe Guest

[p]Thx all :)[/p][p] [/p][p]Levlelfe, Conjurer of Pandemonium.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-The_Real_Ohnoes Guest

Gratz all for the kill.
    Just a question, wasent this killed back in Jan? I remember readin about it last month.
  9. ARCHIVED-Keegem Guest

[p]I really feel bad for second dawn and their ww2nd eventhought they killed valor on the 12th of january.[/p][p] [/p][p]Morphling[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

YAYS! Has anyone taken down the Avatar of Fear? Heck. Where IS the avatar of Fear? Being that he's the Faceless One you'd think he'd hide pretty well ... Anyways Congratulations! Bon travail!
  11. ARCHIVED-Sausage101 Guest

ROFL, thank you for the update.
  12. ARCHIVED-Keegem Guest

[p]Hmm, i think its been A LONG time since i posted.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Snarks Guest

at the portal of fear dummy!
  14. ARCHIVED-Zarfto Guest

[p] [/p][p]Well 1st, Grats Pandemonium.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p]But 2nd, I'd Check you Validation on that mob Grimwell. because Second Dawn Killed Him January 12th for the WW1st. Infact I watched it happen as did many others as they can confirm, shortly after Dissolution Killed him. [/p][p] [/p][p]So I would double triple check your data, because even according to EQ2players Members of Second Dawn Discovered 3 Pieces of Avatar loot after defeating the encounter January 12th. I would also Check their website http://www.secondawn.com as they have the update from the kill posted way back from then.[/p][p] [/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Ogrebear Guest

Could we have like a website with the raid mobs and like a list of guild who have killed them and the days.... it would be kinda cool, show which guilds are killing which mobs, and which mobs haven't been killed.
  16. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

For the public record: I'm aware that Second Dawn's website shows that they killed him in January. I'll go back for a second round of validation and fact checking (done once already) and if it's the case that SD got it first, I'll make a public correction. That said, Pandemonium deserves positive feedback for what they have accomplished, and we should worry less about finger pointing while I sort data out. No more posts about the other guilds until I have completed a second round of validation.
  17. ARCHIVED-CodeRed Guest

To avoid any misunderstanding , SD killed AoV first for version 1 ... in january, Pandemonium was 3rd .. For version 2, after Priest implementation, Pandemonium Killed it First for V2 ... , SD second ... and other let it depoped ... That s all :p For eof progression listf ...not sure if i can post here external link : go here : thanks Codered Pandemonium Warden
  18. ARCHIVED-Lidael-MP Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Computer MAn Guest

While Avatar of Valor is one of the harder fights in the game I will admit (which isn't saying too much) the reason that the raiding community is up in arms about this is the fact that we have gone through this before, when you kill a changed mob first you NEVER claim a WW 1st it's just not what happens. Changed Vyemms, MO's, Tarinax's etc were never claimed to be WW 1'sted after the changes to them. And considering it is an Avatar which can spawn more than a month after they were changed on certain servers its not a premise to really claim a WW 1st. I won't say this is true for everyone but at least for me its not so much that there was an interview about them its the fact that they contacted SOE about this and blatently lied about WW 1st'ing this mob. But congrats Pandemonium/SD I guess its still a fight that not every guild will be able to kill.
  20. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

Our website also shows that we killed AoV more than a month ago. By the way, grats Chaotic Legion on worldwide firsting: [ul][li]Avatar of Everythings[/li][li]All Contesteds[/li][li]All Non-Contested[/li][li]Every Dragon[/li][li]Everything[/li][/ul]Since we're in the habit of claiming things that have obviously been killed numerous times before. When's my interview for EQ Players or whatever, where I talk about how great it was to WW1 things?