Character and Item Restore for Daybreak Cash

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wirewhisker, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm not a great consumer of F2P games, but I can think of one that has been around for a long time now and has a successful system. Give puzzle pirates a look. The way they mix in-game currency and real world currency is very interesting and something I've only seen there.
  2. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Good to see someone actually gets it. There are two distinct issues, being account security breaches, versus players deleting stuff and regretting it later. They are not the same, and should be handled differently.

Getting hacked is rare. In the 10 years I have played, I have never seen a friend or guildie get hacked, but I have seen two occasions where one person who actively shared their account, and another who bought an account (3rd party website), got stung. In both cases, sharing / buying accounts is against the rules, so am I supposed to feel sympathy?

Exactly as you said... Under SOE, getting a deleted item restored was NOT guaranteed. I have heard of many item/character restoration requests being denied under the old SOE CS model, so the current model is actually an improvement for people who do a "whoops" and realize a few minutes later. They now actually have an option, where previously they had none.

If someone is legitimately hacked, they need to follow due process and send in a petition. And just like SOE CS made no guarantee of restoring a hacked account, DBG does not guarantee restoring a hacked account. When I start seeing a large number of posts from people who were hacked and that was the end of it, nothing was done, then I may re-assess my view of this situation.
    Finora and HaphazardAllure like this.
  3. Seefar Well-Known Member

OMG IKR ;)
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

I still love to check in on this game now and then and I just have to say;

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Next thing ya know the menders will only accept SC and you will have to buy zone-in coupons!