Character and Item Restore for Daybreak Cash

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wirewhisker, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Lucus Well-Known Member

before this you could petition once to get an item or character restored. so why not offer subscribers one free restore per year (they can stack).

sounds easy enough to do and make all subscribers happy because they got a new perk.
    Moonpanther and Pipsissiwa like this.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I propose that they make a second set of tokens much like the current set (i.e. one for item restoration and one for character recovery). These token would not replace the existing ones, but would be offered in addition to the current ones. These tokens would have the following features:
    • They would cost 0 DC.
    • There would be a not-less-than-50% chance that the CS team would decide not to grant the return of the item or the recovery of the deleted character, whichever applies.
    • It would take 5 - 10 working days for them to inform the player of their decision, and to act upon that decision (or, in the event of a decision not to grant the request, do nothing).
    That way, there would be a free option that gave players about the same thing as they previously had before CS was gutted. Players could then choose to purchase the guaranteed token for DC, or opt to go the free route and then hope for the best. ;)
    Seefar likes this.
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

While it's a nice idea. i don;t think it'll happen, shutting down support for restores and then automating the recovery process was cost and profit driven. less CS staff required, while giving the same service at additional cost.
  4. Gourdon Well-Known Member

All Access players are getting 500DB a month allowance. Any reasonable quantity of this service will not make a dent in that.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

All I can think about after reading the title of the thread is Harry Potter.

Anywho my thoughts are, they should charge f2p folks for that stuff and make it an 'all access' benefit. Then I think when would I use it? For all the years I've played EQ2 I've only ever deleted something by accident once.
    So, whatever.

[IMG]
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

You COULD petition, but the old system did not ASSURE you that it'd work. many of my friends, and me myself once, got told 'no, I'm not allowed to do that.' by a GM for a deleted/accidentally destroyed item. especially if it was a loot drop. that's the whole thing. yes customer service was quicker to respond before, and yes there were things they coudl do that they are in written 'stone' not allowed to do anymore...but that was entirely up to the GM. they didn't have to do anything when it came to restorations.

so now the system is automated, but they are putting a nominal fee to it. which to me sounds like the best way to do it, given the big cut to CS manpower. now it can happen, it's not up to the mood or whim of the GM you contact, and DBG makes a little money to support the game for you, frankly, doing something stupid/not paying attention/acting out of rage/drunkeness/insert other emotional/mind altered state here.
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Wintir Active Member

I'm good with it...if the fee for restoring a character is a reasonable amount.

I guess we'll see tomorrow.
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

9. pzpz Active Member

What is it we're getting for $15/mo again? I've lost track.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

So I've been playing 5 years and I've only transmuted one thing accidentally and lost a green adorn when I unattuned an item with it in it.

Neither were restored. I don't understand how people screw up so regularly that this is an issue.
    Seefar, Kuulei, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Broker access anywhere, put items on for free.
    Double currency
    Twice the xp when leveling as you can set slider to 0% AA
    Delete AAs without rolling back to that point
    More double xp and marketplace offers
    10% discount in marketplace
    Grandmaster spells.
    Minor xp, coin and runspeed buff
  12. pzpz Active Member

Thanks, guess I'm going f2p, I feel dumb.
    Mizgamer62, Fetish and Malleria like this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

Also access to the gear sets, retrieve and send mail anywhere (and the ability to actually send mail), the aforementioned 500 SC monthly, the 5 LON card packs, 10% discount also applies to expansions and what not. All-access can also skip broker fees by buying from housing crates if they wish. More base character slots. Access to content 2 weeks early. Soon access to the Time Locked servers. Full access to chat channels.
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. You could kind of make a case for the double tokens at an expansion launch, but lately the gaps between new content are so friggin' long even without the double you get more than enough tokens.

Automating the process is awesome. Charging for it when it costs them absolutely nothing is bs.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Because coding these tokens was done instantly, It cost them nothing.

This is a situation of "Would you rather have this? Or nothing at all" that happens with a lot of people that hate on DLC or new paid features. I'd rather have something I can pay for rather than nothing at all. My only problem is I transmuted something years ago that I was never able to get back. RIP Tier 4 Sentinel's Fate appearance forearms.
  16. Wulfhammer Active Member

All of the reasons you listed are a result of someone being useless and/or idiotic so yeah, agree should be chargeable....
  17. Soxer Member

I actually think that this is one of the things they can charge for if anything. Maybe they've been way too nice before and they probably get A LOT of petiotions about things like this when in reality its the players responsibility to be more careful with items and deleting characters. I only needed help from them once back in -06 to restore a character and i never done the same mistake again but i see a lot of threads here about people deleting this and that and want help from customer service so they must be swamped with this kind of stuff. Now people might think one more time before hitting that Delete button.
    Seefar likes this.
  18. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Probably only the feeling, that we gona pay the devs and the rest of the stuff, we need to play the game :)

Sure we could play without paying, but wouldnt that be cheap? :eek::D
    Seefar likes this.
  19. pzpz Active Member

Yea, I will keep subscribing. This pay-extra-for-customer-service crap really just pushes a bad button.
    Wirewhisker and Moonpanther like this.
  20. Seefar Well-Known Member

If DBG can acquire additional resource from careless folk that translates to a nupwardly-mobile Norrath, I'm all for it.

AKA TANSTAAFL.