Char-Transfer combi pack please!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nynaeve, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Nynaeve Active Member

milk-maid math alarm!
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Nynaeve, you seem to have this tendency to insult people*. You appear to see others* as unreasonable, yet seem to neglect that others* see you as equally unreasonable - even more so when you start hurling insults at others*. If you want to persuade others to your point of view, you are more likely to convince others* to support your position by offering reasonable discourse (and quite a bit more likely if you can provide some industry figures that support your assertions) rather than insulting them because they aren't persuaded by your reasons that, so far have essentially amounted to I don't want to pay that much, so everyone else that doesn't agree with me is wrong.

You've been given logical suggestions. Just because they don't agree with your conclusions doesn't render them illogical. Your best bet is to talk directly to customer service, see what (if any) deal they will work out for you, and based upon the number that they will allow to transfer that remains within the amount that you have earmarked for this purpose, choose which characters (within that limit) mean the most to you as raiders. The others can wait until you decide to earmark more funds, they can stay on their current server indefinitely, or you can delete those that didn't "make the cut" and create those characters anew on the new server**.

* That don't agree with you.
    ** That last option is obviously a last resort measure - if all the other options have been exhausted or discarded, then it would be the final option. In other words, it isn't a preferred option, nor even an option that would normally be considered, but it is an existing option nonetheless.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  3. VeilShard Active Member

Some people in this thread seem to relate transfering characters the same as a service offered in real life.. where time is spent doing it. Obviously you won't get buy 3 get 10 plumbing jobs for free. But in the case such as character transfers where it's a button click and very little time spent on SOE's part where they could make money by offering reasonable prices to transfer a whole account over, rather then losing customers who cannot find raids/groups/etc..etc.. on their current server and cannot afford to transfer all of their characters over at the current price.
    Let's face it this game is not designed with one character per account in mind, or we wouldn't have such ease at leveling characters (or buying them) also only having one tradeskill per character either when many people have a full set. Not only that but only having one type of house per character and not having houses transferable, especially prestige houses where money was spent. A lot of people simply must have a lot of characters to play and have all the things they want. It's not logical to not have a character pack deal or offer at this point in the game to allow people to simply move servers with all of their existing characters.
    It doesn't fit the style of the game and it possibly causes veterans of the game to quietly leave rather then make a fuss about it..
    Heinzbuck likes this.
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

There is no need to insult others or fight over this. I'm fairly certain the soe pricing department isn't keeping score on this thread. I'm sure we can all agree that a sale on transfers would be a popular sale, though. Beyond that, hasn't this thread run it's course?
  5. Nynaeve Active Member

I don't have any urge to convince EQ2 players. It's enough when SOE staff reads my suggestions. They may take some of my suggestions and do what's best for the game and the company.
  6. Nynaeve Active Member

actually, the lack of content and the lack of any decent Euro-Raid guilds on Freeport aren't really such a bad thing. I am addicted to EQ2, but I love to play Lotro as well. Maybe this is just the right time to load up Lotro again more frequently and get my Loremaster, Hunter, Captain, and Burglar through Moria and to Lothlorien and Mirkwood again.

I may petition CS at some point in time if they fail to offer reasonable prices char-transfers for everybody soon.
    If i get a good personal offer to transfer all my toons (11), good.
  7. Ucarenyes Member

I'd really hope they could offer every char in recursive subscription account a free xfer token and let ppl flow with their will. This rebuild the server population, sustain ppl's heart and subscription rather than sitting there wait for the xfer profit, which is such a un-granted short sight.
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

What you think is best for the game and what is actually best for the game may not, in fact, be the same thing. Additionally, a suggestion that may benefit you may not necessarily be a suggestion that benefits the game as a whole.

If you truly just want to get feedback to the devs, why not use the /feedback command? That way your suggestion is not open for debate. o_O
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Louly Well-Known Member

It was a long, hard day at work today. What with fires all over polluting the air and just work in general - I get home finally sit down and what do I see: I see Nynaeve has made a post! oh joy I think I will get so many good laughs out of this as usually we are all dumb except for Nynaeve :p :p :D :D