Challenge Duo Zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kander, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Davito Active Member

And bagpipes, and various other things that can heal u. Like I said. If there was a coercer that knows the ins and outs of their class, a troub that knows the ins and outs of their class, both of them understand the mechanics of everything in the fight and how to execute it, they will be fine. I would go as far to say as long as they are not completely inept, they could do it.
  2. Jezes Active Member

All three done with Inqusitor+Warlock as well. Automaton one is definitely my favorite. The difference between Brig/Inq and Warlock/Inq in furnace is laughable. It's night and day. Something needs to balance out for Mages and resists, it's a little silly.
  3. Dontpannic New Member

I do not believe this can be done with any class I believe that you have to have a certain class combo in order to do this in any way
  4. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I like the duo's themselves I just hate when they do this 'cross playstyle' nonsense. Needing to do duo's for raid progression is lame. If soloers had to raid to unlock more solo content they would throw a fit. I quit Rift purely because I had to keep grinding solo dailies and group zones just to get various currencies to get my raid gear and upkeep consumables in general. I stay and raid on EQ2 because the content is challenging raiding is self-sufficient.

Gratz you killed one of the hardest enemies in the game world! BUT you don't get to reap the benefits until you do content meant for groups of players a fraction of the size. What?
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

ahh bagpipes, I forgot about those, yea with bagpipes, Veil of notes, manaward, mind control, and convert power I could see a troub/coercer combo doing it if both can push out decent dps
  6. GabenBison Active Member

There's a huge difference between challenging and enjoyable vs tedious and broken.

EoF, RoK, and TSO had challenging and enjoyable encounters at launch. None of this stuff that is coming out of EQ2 such as SG or WBE x2 is. These are lazy gameplay mechanics piled on top of "give it a lot of hp and call it a day".

Remember when WoE came out over 4 years ago? It was very common to see multiple x2 pugs being created. It was enjoyable and allowed even someone in half geared T1 shard gear to jump in to get some gear. That's what WBE x2 should be. Yet it isn't, and its probably more underused then the group version of it.
  7. GabenBison Active Member

Difference is that EQ2 had a larger population back then. If new content was released, it would take less then a week for the details to pour out in the form of maps being created, wiki's being filled with information on quests, and strats being documented. Ever since SF, contributions have gotten smaller and slower with each passing expansion on the wikia and zam.

And the difference regarding secrets like Epic Weapons and these new duo zones is that mythicals were the most sought after items in the game back then. People were searching every nook and cranny for the slightest update for their epic weapon quest. Something like a duo challenging zone won't bring that much enthusiasm, especially after what everyone else stated in the thread.
  8. Laiina Well-Known Member

No, I don't realize it - I don't keep up with every event on every server. But that does not change my opinion that the zones are not even open yet on most servers, and already there are over a dozen posts to make "adjustments" for various reasons.

In fact, the resists may well be way too high - it could be a bug, or by design. Until the zones are actually played for a while across all servers we won't really know. If after 3-4 weeks nobody else has managed to win the zones, then it might point to a problem.
  9. Laiina Well-Known Member

What bothers me a bit about these zones, and even to some extent the Grotto zones, is that it may end up nearly impossible for some classes to do them at all. Will have to wait and see - but it may end up where some class combo's end up with a slogfest, while others go right through it (and a couple of classes maybe never?).
  10. Lempo Well-Known Member

The posts that saying that adjustments might be needed are being made by people that have cleared them on multiple classes, even on the classes that they are saying the adjustments need to be made for.
    I'm looking forward to them opening up on Friday so I can run them, HM Gen'Ra being the (likely) next progression target (AFTER the pirate kings go down tonight) for us I'm sure gear won't be an issue, and it HAS been cleared on a Warlock/Inqy hopefully I can get on with one of ours, if we can't do it then the one thing you won't hear me doing is calling for nerfs.
  11. Lempo Well-Known Member

So when it has been cleared by all classes will you be pacified?
  12. Laiina Well-Known Member

I really have no idea what you are talking about here.
  13. Bodiddle Member

To late for even caring about them now , you catered to the elite club and have wasted everyone's time by by doing so. Mechanism that block game play are not fun. This is the same reason you keep going back and forth wishy washy on access quest. Too bad really, you have something that can be great but you just keep back peddling and repeating the same mistakes. Keep playing with the elite club and will continue to kill the game, complete because of the nonsense.

I would suggest you go back through the history of changes and figure out why those changes were made. Then compare how many times you have repeated those changes just to go back and change them, because it still does not work. Most of us enjoy puzzles but to make them unattainable by most of the servers just nonsense and catering to the elite. Yeah they deserve props but even they would rather not have to run duo zones! Most of us enjoy puzzles and this was a good one, I will give you that but the facts are out and you know most duo's do not have this level of gear. So for those that say do not nerf it , don't hold your breath from my view they have to because most are not elite. It is just common sense!
  14. Daray Well-Known Member

I do really like the idea of these 2-person challenge zones.

Only issue from a personal perspective, is the ridiculous resist rates that mages suffer in here. The buff packages ought to be looked at in this regard.
  15. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Some class combos indeed wouldn't be able to get mats for rings ever. I am afraid coercers would be among those failed classes.
  16. Raenius Well-Known Member

Its always the same: if we get shoved easy stuff down our throat most feedback from "elitists" is asking for harder content while being accused of being an elitist ruining the game for the poor others.

If something gets released which is quite a challenge for the few that actually want it, not only SOE is getting blamed for going with the elitists but you also get accused of being the reason why this game dies.
    Its pretty funny tho, since the last two expansions were cleared pretty quick within a couple of weeks but all of elite players are still sticking around - get it?

What if any zone would be doable by everyone? Will you rinse and repeat it till next expansion being a happy camper waiting for half a year to get even more zones you clear within a week?

No you wont, you`d quit even quicker because of being bored - but with those zones this game offers you to aim for something - if you cant do it and take it as an opportunity to end the game: go for it - you would quit anyway.

Devs should stand their ground on those zones there, drawing a line you either cross it or you dont - remember Nizara, this were great times, but I doubt most of you reading this have any clue what it was like back the day: FUN and a CHALLENGE for everyone.
    JonnyJJJ, Allaz and Kalderon like this.
  17. Kalderon Well-Known Member

God damn, i want to enter the zone so badly ^^ but have to stick with work first and second raid, but then, i go out scouting ^^
  18. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

This is only partially correct in my eyes.

Because if 50% of the content can be managed only by 24-48 per one server, because only they have the opportunity to come to the necessary gear.

Not because of their skills, but because of the circumstances, see at the avatars, which are never there for others, as these players not to give up their time to be in the RL game where they have to work or sleep.

Difficult and challenging is totally ok, but not possible due to the concatenation of circumstances is not ok!

It is quite stupid when testing new zones to let you do this from people who have the best possible gear, what there is in the game, wear.

Because if even these say that it is very hard, it is never possible for others.

If you can already test of such people should give them a Gear, all can achieve, which put a bit into that stuff.

Not everyone is a student, unemployed or super rich, so that it does not have to work. Most of the family have sometimes wants some attention.

I hope the zones are super hard, but to provide with standard EM + HM Gear.

But let us see how it is, I have not seen the zones and look forward to a challenge.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

These Challenge Duo zones are for top level raiders.

EVERY OTHER ZONE in EQ2 can be done Solo.

4 years ago, Soloers could do the Solo quests and get a very low level of gear, and that was it. Now, you get Advanced Solo versions of EVERY zone, and amazing gear and still cry and demand more. Stop being greedy!
    Neiloch, Ranga, Laiina and 5 others like this.
  20. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Can we please not move this thread toward solo vs raid gear topic? It's getting too old.

I for one like to read about C duo zones experience from those who ran them. Even they are top raiders and we who in a middle probably won't be able to fight and win in those zones for a long while. So what. Still it's interesting to know their opinions about what class combos they played, how it went and what challengies are for such combos.