Celebrate July 4th with 40% OFF STATION CASH!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Ashlanne Member

We’re celebrating our players this July 4th! For 24 hours*, get 40% off when you buy Station Cash with your Credit Card or Via PayPal.*

[IMG]

[IMG]
    (please note, you will be required to log into your Station Account in order to complete your discount purchase)

[IMG]

Added Bonus!!

Do you have a $15 SOE Pre-Paid Game Card? We want you to enjoy the celebration too! Get an extra SC1000 when you redeem your $15 SOE Pre-Paid Game Cards on July 4th* only!!

*Offer valid only from 12:00am PDT July 4th, 2013 until 11:59pm PDT July 4th, 2013. Excludes purchases made via SMS
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Gnaff Active Member

YAY! so glad i picked up 2 cards today!
  3. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I miss the days when things were 50% off or more. These smaller percentages are irritating to me as a 7 year vet. The sales and double/triple SC days are fewer, farther between and smaller. The things that go on sale are fewer and fewer (services?? Expansions?) I miss the old days of EQ2 and am getting bitter and discouraged.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

i for one am extremely disappointed. they could have kept the sale- i wanted double xp so i could level up my guild
  5. BrienBear New Member

I'll take it. There goes $102! TY SoE!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Here's my question:

Will a card with many, many "PLANETSIDE2!!1!!11!! OMG!1!" delights on the face of it like in the example above work for regular, generic Station Cash, or only PlanetSide2 (a game which I do not own, but may consider buying; see below)? Because the last time I tried to get in on a holiday sale, I went to/called up every Game Stop store in the L.A. basin (we're talking Southern-freaking-California, which, at one point at least, was known to be a gaming mecca) and rather than the generic SOE Station Cash cards their inventories said they had (it was the $15 card for $10 sale for Father's Day), there was nothing on their shelves except the apparently very specific PlanetSide2 cards...we tried to wade through the fine print, and it seemed they were only redeemable for the PlanetSide2 game, so, needless to say, there was much non-revenue collected from me that day. If only I'd known, I'd've spent money on a game my poor old computer probably couldn't handle anyway in the hope that I could get generic Station Cash cards, the way the Fates like running things. ;->

Uwk
  7. Kinya Active Member

I am pretty sure all SOE cards are working in all their games, they only look different. At the end you add SC to your Station account which works in any SOE game. I think there are some cards which if you redeem might grant you some specific items for PlanetSide 2 but as long as it is written it grants 1500SC it counts to SOE account.
    And you don't have to buy PlanetSide 2 as it is F2P, just download it and you will see you get there exactly the same amount of SC as in EQ2 if you log using the same login.
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

Pfft, not even a double SC.
  9. valdoras Member

Having expected nothing after yesterday, I appreciate this, I suppose.
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

sheesh. so much bitterness / ungratefulness. :rolleyes:
  11. Gnaff Active Member

If they did a dbl/triple SC any more often we would be celebrating every time a cow farts. The more you have something the cheaper it gets and less special. sure it ain't what everyone wanted but. Hey, its something.
    Spindle likes this.
  12. Foretold Well-Known Member

I'm not about to complain. I need a little SC. I won't buy as many cards as I would have for double/triple, but I'll invest a few bucks in this :)
  13. BrienBear New Member

Correction, $153 dollars. I'm afraid by days end it's probably going to be $204. /embarrassed!
    Deveryn likes this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

ok so that is what i paid for the 10000 yesterday so i guess the sale was on. funny it doesn't show that it is a sales price when you buy it
  15. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer but no thanks. It's triple SC for me or nothing at all. That's the bar that was set for me in the past few years and I won't go backwards. It's obviously SOE's choice to offer that deal but if they don't I won't be buying anymore. I actually stopped at Wal-Mart and took four cards off the shelf in a weak moment. Came to my senses at the register and told the cashier that I changed my mind.

Thankfully two of our four accounts are maxed anyway. My second box is fine, it's my main account that is lower then I like. Truthfully, the only things I buy are xp potions and master buy ups from experts. I really don't need the xp right now and time can resolve my master issue for those toons that aren't complete so I shouldn't even be disappointed I guess.
  16. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I tried to claim a Walmart SC card in-game and it failed to show up as any increase in my SC, so petitioned it.
  17. Scorpionbeauty Member

Im mad that they waited until late last nite my time to announce this I put my card on yesterday and if we had more notice like usual I would of waited until today to do this so I could get mine too I should get credit for this that is not fair for any of us I would like a response soon.
  18. Scorpionbeauty Member

I made a call to soe and they claim its not valid offer to the people that put them on with their memberships we dont get squat I think that is false advertising and I think this is total BS for everyone who uses the game cards for the memberships they didnt specify anywhere in that ad that it excluded membership pple...how does everyone else feel about this????
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The offer was for Station Cash bonus, not membership bonus.
  20. Scorpionbeauty Member

it doesnt stat that is what i am saying no where in the ad it stats and I quoteAdded Bonus!!

Do you have a $15 SOE Pre-Paid Game Card? We want you to enjoy the celebration too! Get an extra SC1000 when you redeem your $15 SOE Pre-Paid Game Cards on July 4th* only!!

*Offer valid only from 12:00am PDT July 4th, 2013 until 11:59pm PDT July 4th, 2013. Excludes purchases made via SMS

for those of us that buy those cards would expect a extra 1000 sc no where here does it say excluded with purchases of membership with those cards those cards come with 500 sc so we should recieve the extra