Can't pay upkeep at guild housing portal anymore?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Hexalobular, May 7, 2013.

1. daicia Well-Known Member

As of the time I'm posting this, I've been trying to cycle through all of my 24 alts at the Portal to Housing amenity in the guild hall. While it appeared this was fixed, it's not. Oddly enough it has worked correctly on the majority of my characters with the following exceptions:

-Two characters with small Gorowyn Inn rooms couldn't use the portal in the guild hall, even after I paid the rent when the game UI prompted it when I clicked on it (they had to travel to the city to access the homes).
    -For both, the button in the My Houses tab remained greyed out, even after paying rent for each character's house with the new UI from the hall.
    -For one, the house didn't show up in the Visit tab at all--after paying rent--super strange. (There isn't technically a system error message, the UI just tells me "there are no houses that match your search criteria in this location")

I'd say that the small Gorowyn house is the link in the errors, but to the best of my knowledge, I had others who had unpaid rent that it worked fine for too. Perhaps others who are having problems can check to see if there's a specific house or zone with housing that's an issue or confirm the opposite?

The bad news is, I am too tired to keep working my way through the remaining characters. The good news is I (think) I should have more with the same house to check this on tomorrow.

My brain is well done, but I hope this info helps. ;)
  2. daicia Well-Known Member

Update: I had the bug tied to the small Gorowyn inn room with one more character today. In that case the first two errors that happened with both occurred with this one . She has a large Gorowyn house and I was able to pay on that house though and enter fine. The only other possible link I can deduce is that all three of these characters I had an issue with are also amongst my older characters in existence. I was able to pay on the small Gorowyn inn room on characters that have been created within the (approximately the) last two years or less. It could very well be that these are characters that I hadn't logged into for a very long time before features like multiple house ownership and similar features were added. May or not be related, but I figure it's a theory worth tossing out there. /shurg
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Slightly to heavily unrelated, I had "ghost mail" issues with my oldsters as well, and wound up having to delete mail from my earliest days in EQ2. :(

The first time the new Housing and Leaderboards stuff went live, heck, even back when it was just on Test, I loathed it with every fiber of my being. The bloody thing didn't work for me at all in any way, shape, or form, wouldn't even shut off and get off my screen, and it's a considerable sized window...I finally managed to find the front door of my home and get out, only to find I couldn't get back in until I'd paid rent (and it's true, I'd been away for awhile, so I wasn't shocked that the rent was due). I tried the idiocy again once I got back in, and it finally seemed to work the way it was intended to, but why the heck wouldn't it have just booted me out my front door if I was in when the rent came due, like it always had in the past, and not shoved the stupid window in my face? I couldn't use it to get to the info page of the house I was in to pay the rent that way. :-/

I, too, have found that Visiting my alts' places is impossible with this, unless I'm in the exact same city they are, and no, the Portal to Housing in the Guild Halls is still "broken," or whatever, as is the stupid window-in-the-face bit if I'm inside a house when the rent comes due. Silly me, I'd figured they'd fix that bit, at least, before it went live. :confused:

Uwk
    daicia likes this.
  4. daicia Well-Known Member

I hear ya, Uwk, but I'm starting to think that this is sounds like a real needle-in-the-haystack bit of errant code--harder to fix than normal, since it's much harder for players to find and report. I even thought the issue was gone for me until I had problems on those three characters a couple of days ago. I can see a mix of that and if it's tied to a certain house and other factors making it anything but easy for those who bug report and hit the forums to alert them to it. If the people working on fixing it it can't seem to reproduce it, they'll never find it. The in-house bug with the rent window sounds annoying as heck. I'll have to camp some less frequently played characters (maybe the three that have trouble with the portal) in their buggy homes to see if I get the same thing as you. Thankfully, I remembered to only pay a weeks rent, so I can try that in 7 days.

Oooh ghost mail! Your mention of that bug scares me when you mention it with this. It seems to me that more of my older characters are plagued by ghost mail, while the younger ones are not. Let's hope whatever is causing the house bug/s isn't going to keep creeping around Norrath for all eternity like ghost mail. :/
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah! Let's hope, though I only noticed an issue with it recently (like I say, I had some messages on there for literally years without a problem)...couldn't say for certain if it was before May, but it was before GU 67. Hopefully they busted those ghosts (haven't had any issues [yet, knock on wood] with my other oldsters), but it seems like Whack-a-Mole, only with ghosts of various sorts. Smack down one, two more pop up somewhere else. :-/

I'm beginning to wonder if the Portal to Housing amenity isn't "working" like it "should" these days; seems like nothing does unless we're in a city of some sort, even Maj'Dul, though it's nice to know that even the Antonica and Commonlands Docks will work for that, too. :)

My sort-of solution, or at least workaround, to much of this is to place Mistmoore Crags Estates (free, since we're all 7-year+ Veterans) portals into each of my alts' places (or, if their regular place is too full, they get a li'l 2-roomer somewhere like New Halas or Gorowyn) and Trustee them, which then act like a Habittrail to get from Point A to Point B. A wee bit clugey, I admit, but it cuts down on a lot of having to go to Freeport, or ::shudder:: Lagnos--er, Qeynos. Hopping out into New Halas, or even better, Gorowyn, to help out my alts is infinitely preferable these days. :-/

Uwk
    who actually broke down and got an alt a li'l 2-room place in Freeport, where the lag is acceptable except when it rains :-/
  6. Morg Well-Known Member

Even if they said it's they way it will be from now on, would be an answer instead of silence from them at this point Alex :) thanks for keeping it going for us!
  7. daicia Well-Known Member

Found a new (to me) bug related to this just now: I just bought a medium sized Freeport house on one of my characters, Gijia, today. I placed a portal inside it for Gijia's EFSH. I was on another character (Gnawtorious), decorating Gijia's Freeport place, and I left using the portal to Gijia's EFSH. After hopping to another house and then going back into Gijia's EFSH that's linked to the Freeport medium house, I get an message telling me the rent needs to be paid on the Freeport medium home. This is definitely an error, since it's paid for 7 days. I tried closing and reopening the house UI window to exit and reproduced the unpaid rent error. On one try, the Freeport house didn't even show up on the list of homes linked to Gijia's EFSH.
  8. daicia Well-Known Member

Hmm...the message about the unpaid rent still might be related, but I just went back to the Freeport house on the character who owns it, and the portal to the EFSH and some other items were gobbled by the house, so now I'm not sure if that's a hungry house issue or related to this. :/
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Crud; according to those two entries of yours, a lot of the frustrations we've been having could very well be bug-related (I almost hope, frankly, since bugs can eventually be fixed, hopefully, whereas "features" are something we'd have to just grin and bear). Can you find the portal using the house item list, or is it gone? :-/

Uwk
    who is seriously going to be avoiding 4-room Freeport places now... :-/
  10. Morg Well-Known Member

Now since the new FIX was put in, you CANNOT use the housing UI while in a city to enter your own homes. It tells you " you must be in a city zone to access your homes". Kinda strange since we are in a city zone ie: east Freeport near the tinkerfest guys and gals. Many many others reporting the same issue.

Suggestion ( can take or leave it lol ): Can you just add our homes we are trustee to the housing UI window? I think that would alleviate some problems as the gh portal entry and the new housing ui window apparently are at war.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy...that's what I get for not having access to the computer where the game is installed (my baby got fried Wednesday...or was it Tuesday...way too long...need...EQ2...fix...now.../gasp); when was this "fix," with the Thursday patch? :-/

Uwk
    preparing to raise all un-nice Heck >:-/
  12. Endymion Developer

As of Thursday's patch it should once again be possible to access your house from the Houses tab in the Character window.
  13. Morg Well-Known Member

It is Endymion!! Thank you so much! Keep up the great work and forgive our outbursts, we are just passionate and ocd and add all at the same time about this game :D
  14. Endymion Developer

No worries, and sorry for breaking it. XD (At least I fixed it fast!) The bug where you couldn't pay your upkeep from the Portal to Housing guild amenity was literally my first assignment at SOE and I knew there was going to be some way of accessing a house that I would miss in my testing. :D
  15. Viridien New Member

this apparently is still an issue. i cannot oay my guild hall’s upkeep from my house. while not the guild leader, i am the highest ranked officer. so is this a bug, or do i need to be the guild leader to pay? i’m in a fresh install of EQ2 using default UI, so it can’t be anything related to files
  16. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You do not have to be the guild leader to pay upkeep. I've paid guild upkeep on toons that didn't even belong to the guild (they did have trustee access). Can you pay the upkeep when you are in the guild hall? The only time I've had difficulty was when neither the guild escrow account nor the toon had enough status to pay the upkeep.
    Xianthia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! I've been able to pay from Escrow from anywhere...I agree with Rosy; only issues were when we were out of status, mostly. Plat is extremely easy to get, comparatively. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  18. Viridien New Member

haven’t played in almost 3 years. i’ll see what i can figure out. thanks for getting back to me